Author Topic: Gene therapy to increase muscle mass and strength- let's 'reinvent the wheel'  (Read 3802 times)

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
The story of Follistatin has been belabored many times already on this board. Initial studies, using low dose Follistatin failed to reveal any significant change in muscle mass or strength in humans. What is not mentioned, however, is the fact that the amount of Follistatin delivered to each individual muscle was about 1/16 the dose that had been administered to rats.
   Newer data using patients who had a form of muscular dystrophy (inherited disease of muscle), strongly suggests that even low dose Follistatin may be beneficial. An adenovirus vector is used to deliver the Follistatin gene complex to muscle. The three primary issues that we are still confronted with include:
1-  what is the dose of administered compound to cause significant muscle hypertrophy and increase in strength?
2-  is the consequence of the administration localized to the muscle in which the complex had been administered or does it in fact become systemic?
3-  once administered, how long does the effect last? Since one is altering gene make up, it would seen that the effect should be long-lasting.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/CNS/42640?xid=nl_mpt_AAN_confreporter_2013-11-05&utm_source=aan-confreporter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=mpt&utm_campaign=11%7C05%7C2013&userid=&eun=g5793411d8r&email=usmcdd35@gmail.com&mu_id=5793411

Bros this is particularly exciting. It would appear that 'more is better than less' Next step: find a legitimate source for adenovirus vector delivered Follistatin Gene therapy.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
Say something!!!

Give me some shit...

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
 Great post, Doc. As always.

Love your motto

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Hmmmm

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
To be considered

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  I will let the Neurosurgeons handle all of this. I am not qualified.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
need yung negar gene
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Doc: what do you think of these mostatins that all the research pep companies sell? Their other peptides are definitely legit, but not so sure about these...

galeniko

• Getbig V
but thsi wont put a mullato frame and muscle insertion-bellies on the wide hipped white guy.

n

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Say something!!!

Give me some shit...

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

Doctor, I have not the slightest clue what the fuck the original post even means? ???

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
but thsi wont put a mullato frame and muscle insertion-bellies on the wide hipped white guy.

:D

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Exactly! Is it gonna change your skeletal structure?

Wolfox

• Getbig V

Not yet.
A

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig

more muscle and something something Lee Priest

POB

• Getbig IV
The story of Follistatin has been belabored many times already on this board. Initial studies, using low dose Follistatin failed to reveal any significant change in muscle mass or strength in humans. What is not mentioned, however, is the fact that the amount of Follistatin delivered to each individual muscle was about 1/16 the dose that had been administered to rats.
   Newer data using patients who had a form of muscular dystrophy (inherited disease of muscle), strongly suggests that even low dose Follistatin may be beneficial. An adenovirus vector is used to deliver the Follistatin gene complex to muscle. The three primary issues that we are still confronted with include:
1-  what is the dose of administered compound to cause significant muscle hypertrophy and increase in strength?
2-  is the consequence of the administration localized to the muscle in which the complex had been administered or does it in fact become systemic?
3-  once administered, how long does the effect last? Since one is altering gene make up, it would seen that the effect should be long-lasting.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/CNS/42640?xid=nl_mpt_AAN_confreporter_2013-11-05&utm_source=aan-confreporter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=mpt&utm_campaign=11%7C05%7C2013&userid=&eun=g5793411d8r&email=usmcdd35@gmail.com&mu_id=5793411

Bros this is particularly exciting. It would appear that 'more is better than less' Next step: find a legitimate source for adenovirus vector delivered Follistatin Gene therapy.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

Doc, can u scratch me out a script?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
Doctor, I have not the slightest clue what the fuck the original post even means? ???

It means bigger muscles.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Will this work with galeniko starve and smoke 20 cigs a day diet?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
It means bigger muscles.

ah, okay coach

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

Inevitably it won't be localized, I'd be curious to see what other receptors are affected by the virus.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

I would be interested to see what else is altered and if it is long-lasting too.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
Gene therapy= mgf
$

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Well, we've already crossed that Rubicon, haven't we? We already have the ability to choose a child's sex as well as eye color, why not offer a checkbox that says "more muscle and strength?" Unsurprisingly, we as a race, have the moral flexibility to be OK with this.

Keep in mind, that muscles may not always be fashionable. In some not so distant, Wiggs-n-Falconian dystopia, muscles might be for the "laborers" and the fashionable political and media elite (our "betters") would be thin as rails.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Gene therapy= mgf

Same shit as what research peps are coming out with though?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
What could follistatin offer bodybuilders?  I don't think more muscle will always look better.

200-220 RIPPED, 2-3g AAS & 5-10IU gh is the best a physique will look