Author Topic: Bt toxin found in human blood of those who eat GMO corn  (Read 9868 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Bt toxin found in human blood of those who eat GMO corn
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »
there is a standard, it means no genetic engineering

look up paul giem on youtube about genetic engineering

its illegal to sell something organic if its been genetically engineerd
Really? Last I had heard the FDA had not really designated what constitutes "organic".

If it includes non Genetic engineered foods... why were they trying to get GMO foods labeled in stores? If organic basically means non GMO, then it should have been a non issue, right? Why would the biotech companies waste so much money fighting i522?

I still think they should have to label the food... we have a right to know what were putting in out body... I still eat GMO and I know there is barely any way to get around it, but I'd prefer to at least know WHAT foods I'm eating are GMO.

If "organic" foods are really FDA mandated to be non-GMO, then at least it's a step in the right direction. I don't necessarily think GMO should be banned, but we should definitely know whats GMO and what were putting in our bodies. People should have the choice without having to spend hours trying to figure out if the food theyre buying is genetically engineered or not.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
LOL you are such a pretentious pseudo intellectual.  So ONE person died and you are using it as your example?

"Worked in a kindergarten" - lol where I come from you need ZERO qualifications to do that.  Does this tell me you have no education?

As I said, it was an anecdote, told just as an interesting story. It may not hold as an example of a general phenomenon. But problems with mold in organic grains have been very real, at least with the "Helios" products in Norway, and these molds produce carcinogenic toxins.

I worked in a kindergarten for a year when I was 20. It was interesting and frustrating to work among these weird, religious Rudolf Steiner people.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 01:54:36 AM »
All I have to do is breathe on plants and bugs die.  Its my special Super Power.

What's not to like...

NN

agenda21nwo

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 02:06:02 AM »
Only on getbig can a dumb drug addict like you get away with posing as an intellectual.

pl would eat shit if it tasted good.

this little bit toxin is of no concern, we have livers and kidneys to take care from that.

what ppl eat in general is much worse.

the average skinnyfatsos diet, or dj181 diet,same thing.terrible.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 02:21:55 AM »
Only on getbig can a dumb drug addict like you get away with posing as an intellectual.

Said the feeble minded conspiracy lunatic.

NN

agenda21nwo

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:25 AM »
Said the feeble minded conspiracy lunatic.

NN

noodle dick - you'd better go satisfy your muslim boyfriend before he leaves you for your 12 year old sister

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 03:21:32 AM »
What's not to like...

NN
I`m on your side my friend.  These Anti-GMO people are complete lunatics.

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:44 AM »
noodle dick - you'd better go satisfy your muslim boyfriend before he leaves you for your 12 year old sister

lol NordickNoodle

agenda21nwo

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2013, 04:05:29 AM »

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
I`m on your side my friend.  These Anti-GMO people are complete lunatics.

Thanks- fortunately they do a great job outing themselves as suffering from mild retardation combined with schizotypical personality disorder.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »
NodickNordic...
...noodle dick - you'd better go satisfy your muslim boyfriend before he leaves you for your 12 year old sister

In psychology there is something called projective tests. Your obsession with muslims, dicks and 12 year old sisters probably tells us something about your inner life- (not that your fantasies about these topics should be considered immoral in any way- you should not be ashamed, but stay away from your 12 year old sister in real life, please)

NN

agenda21nwo

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2013, 04:33:37 AM »
muslims, dicks and 12 year old sisters

- (not that your fantasies about these topics should be considered immoral in any way
NN

Outed gay pedo

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2013, 04:40:43 AM »
Outed gay pedo

Sorry, I did not mean to out you as a pedo, but you did a good job yourself. The important thing is that you should not act on your urges towards your 12 year old sister. Additionally, you should seek professional help!

NN

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:05 AM »
Its not only about genetically modified food , it's about the government doing what the fvck they want with your food and not letting you know about it and giving you a choice.If Monsanto didn't have deep pockets it would be labeled .

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 04:59:12 AM »
Really? Last I had heard the FDA had not really designated what constitutes "organic".

If it includes non Genetic engineered foods... why were they trying to get GMO foods labeled in stores? If organic basically means non GMO, then it should have been a non issue, right? Why would the biotech companies waste so much money fighting i522?

I still think they should have to label the food... we have a right to know what were putting in out body... I still eat GMO and I know there is barely any way to get around it, but I'd prefer to at least know WHAT foods I'm eating are GMO.

If "organic" foods are really FDA mandated to be non-GMO, then at least it's a step in the right direction. I don't necessarily think GMO should be banned, but we should definitely know whats GMO and what were putting in our bodies. People should have the choice without having to spend hours trying to figure out if the food theyre buying is genetically engineered or not.
there is 'grey area' for good reason

A

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
Its not only about genetically modified food , it's about the government doing what the fvck they want with your food and not letting you know about it and giving you a choice.If Monsanto didn't have deep pockets it would be labeled .

Is the american goverment a food producer or manipulating food? News to me.

NN

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:40 AM »
Ever hear the the FDA or the USDA?

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2013, 05:12:50 AM »
Ever hear the the FDA or the USDA?

Sure, but they are just a regulatory instance, right?

NN

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2013, 02:34:47 PM »
people at monsanto would be the least people id trust

they just want big bucks, high crop yeilds at whatever the cost. you would be a fool to buy drugs from a drug dealer that could spike it with anything, thats essentially what your doing

but in this case your fully aware and doing it anyways because you dont want to feel like a nerd who eats organic
A

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2013, 11:54:47 PM »
people at monsanto would be the least people id trust

they just want big bucks, high crop yeilds at whatever the cost. you would be a fool to buy drugs from a drug dealer that could spike it with anything, thats essentially what your doing

but in this case your fully aware and doing it anyways because you dont want to feel like a nerd who eats organic

I'd eat organic for the sake of animal welfare, health and sustainability/ environmental issues.

However, much of organic farming would result in hunger and maybe even more pollution. Severly reduced crop yields is a real problem. Another problem is toxins from mold etc. Regarding GMO- I have not seen convincing evidence that it constitute a health risk. The potential for good is however very convincing.

NN

agenda21nwo

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »
Is the american goverment a food producer or manipulating food? News to me.

NN

Clearly because you are ignorant.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2013, 01:59:32 AM »
Last year, doctors at Sherbrooke University Hospital in Quebec found Bt-toxin in the blood of:

93 percent of pregnant women tested
    80 percent of umbilical blood in their babies, and
    67 percent of non-pregnant women

The study authors speculate that the Bt-toxin was likely consumed in the normal diet of the Canadian middle class—which makes sense when you consider that genetically engineered corn is present in the vast majority of all processed foods and drinks in the form of high fructose corn syrup. They also suggest that the toxin may have come from eating meat from animals fed Bt corn, which most livestock raised in confined animal feeding operations (CAFO, or so-called "factory farms") are.

These shocking results raise the frightening possibility that eating Bt corn might actually turn your intestinal flora into a sort of "living pesticide factory"… essentially manufacturing Bt-toxin from within your digestive system on a continuing basis.

BT-TOXIN WHAT IS IT???

Monsanto's genetically modified "Bt corn" has been equipped with a gene from soil bacteria called Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis), which produces the Bt-toxin. It's a pesticide that breaks open the stomach of certain insects and kills them.

The study you cite has been criticized for methodological mistakes.  But let's assume its premise is true - that bt toxin shows up in those who eat Monsanto's GM strain.

Guess what, it is already known that bt toxin ends up in people because it has been used as a pesticide since the 1920's.  What's more, it has always been approved for use on organic crops!

The real problem is that the new strain may so thoroughly expose bt toxin to insect populations, that new bt toxin-resistant pests may evolve.

That's the real worry, Amigo.

BTW, I'm sure, being a peanut butter fan and nutrition wiz, that you have heard of aflatoxin, right?  The naturally occurring lethal poison that exists in trace amounts in peanut butter? 

Do you still eat peanut butter?  Because there is no debate on how toxic aflatoxin is. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2013, 02:49:54 AM »
i used to be of the thought that it wasnt a big deal to buy non organic, now i plan on making a much better effort to buy organic because of this. even if the article was half true thats still enough truth to get me to go buy more organic

by the time people are like 60 this shit could really add up while the monsanto people will be long retired somewhere with girls with big tits

Written by a pseudo-scientific mind. You wouldn't know a truth from a falsehood. Join your mate Wiggs as intellectual worries. You don't have the vocabulary to talk about anything to do with science.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
Written by a pseudo-scientific mind. You wouldn't know a truth from a falsehood. Join your mate Wiggs as intellectual worries. You don't have the vocabulary to talk about anything to do with science.

:D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2013, 12:30:56 AM »

Vincent, we can feel the sexual tension.