Author Topic: Republican Senator pleads guilty to cocaine possession  (Read 1369 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Republican Senator pleads guilty to cocaine possession
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
Douchebag congressman who recently voted in favor of drug testing for Food Stamp recipients get busted buying cocaine

Trey Radel arrest brings up drug testing for food stamps
By: Tarini Parti
November 20, 2013 01:39 PM EST

A provision in the House-version of the farm bill that would give states the option to require food stamp recipients to be drug tested is garnering renewed attention after a congressman who voted in favor of it pleaded guilty to cocaine possession charges.

Rep. Trey Radel voted in favor of the final version of the House farm bill that included the amendment offered by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) weeks before Radel was arrested in Washington, D.C.’s Dupont Circle neighborhood as part of a drug sting operation. The amendment originally passed by a voice vote in the House, despite Democratic opposition.

Radel’s run in with law enforcement comes as farm bill conferees try to resolve their differences — the biggest one being cuts to the food stamp program — by the end of the week. Rep. Frank Lucas, chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, told reporters Tuesday the deadline for a deal would have to be this week in order for the legislation to be enacted in time.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=24BB37C7-5153-4AA9-9335-CE2BF401505E

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Republican Senator pleads guilty to cocaine possession
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
Amazingly if he were a dem.....nobody would ever know that fact.  He should get everything coming to him but...if you're taking federal dollars food...u should not be smoking, injecting or snorting anything but government cheese, otherwise I guess u don't need my tax dollars
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
Amazingly if he were a dem.....nobody would ever know that fact.  He should get everything coming to him but...if you're taking federal dollars food...u should not be smoking, injecting or snorting anything but government cheese, otherwise I guess u don't need my tax dollars

you can't be serious

come on man don't be a complete caricature of right wing tool

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
If u can afford crack....u don't need my tax dollars..buy a sandwich. Straw....come on when have I ever given u any indication that I care about welfare cases, minorities and others that suck off of our tax dollars. This guy should get whatever they give first timers....drug testing welfare cases..no issue, I'm giving u tax money, u have to do something for that.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:25:35 AM »
Strawman is the most loyally rigidly partisan poster here. Don't worry, his kind will be bayonetted in the streets in 2017  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:29:34 AM »
Strawman is the most loyally rigidly partisan poster here. Don't worry, his kind will be bayonetted in the streets in 2017  ;D

WTF are you talking about

I posted an article with simple and straightforward facts

If you're saying you have a problem with facts then I understand..... you are a right wing nutbag so that makes perfect sense

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
Clearly dude knows how to party. Rail me a bump bro!

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Jail and then the unemployment line is what he deserves, fucking hypocrite.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »
Lots of people use drugs.  not for me, and i respect the law (as well as fear the damge they can do).  But I get it.

The problem with Trey Radel is that for a decade, he's been a LOUD voice against drug use, tougher sentences for criminals, mocked obama for being a coke user, etc.

Radel was the FOX news morning host from 6 til 9.  I used to listen to him every day.  Only 37, former news anchor locally, dude was highly popular, hot wife from another network, new family, and really about as tea party as they come.  Dude's career was very promising, cause he had no dirt, aside from "my opponent bought some obscene domain names ten years ago" lol.   Dude was CLEAN.   No drama, no shady past, nothing like that.  He lived right.

Locally (he is my congressman), people are shitting on him for the tough anti-drug positions.  Won with 62%, totally dominated.  He could have been governor.  Likable as can be - funny and witty and always respectful all the while.  He had it all.

Radel insists IF YOU ACCEPT TAXPAYER MONEY, YOU CANNOT USE DRUGS!

Well, he's paid with taxpayer money.  And he's buying & using drugs.  so THERE is the hypocrisy.  THAT is why people are pissed.  He's checked into a posh rehab facility in Naples, FL now.  He's on a comfy couch talking about his feelings.  He's earning $3500 a week, his normal salary.  He can donate it, but really, he's not getting fired, he doesn't have to repay salary.  He's a hypocrite.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »

Where is you outrage about obama doing coke and chooms and still putting people in jail for it?

Douchebag congressman who recently voted in favor of drug testing for Food Stamp recipients get busted buying cocaine

Trey Radel arrest brings up drug testing for food stamps
By: Tarini Parti
November 20, 2013 01:39 PM EST

A provision in the House-version of the farm bill that would give states the option to require food stamp recipients to be drug tested is garnering renewed attention after a congressman who voted in favor of it pleaded guilty to cocaine possession charges.

Rep. Trey Radel voted in favor of the final version of the House farm bill that included the amendment offered by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) weeks before Radel was arrested in Washington, D.C.’s Dupont Circle neighborhood as part of a drug sting operation. The amendment originally passed by a voice vote in the House, despite Democratic opposition.

Radel’s run in with law enforcement comes as farm bill conferees try to resolve their differences — the biggest one being cuts to the food stamp program — by the end of the week. Rep. Frank Lucas, chairman of the House Agriculture Committee, told reporters Tuesday the deadline for a deal would have to be this week in order for the legislation to be enacted in time.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=24BB37C7-5153-4AA9-9335-CE2BF401505E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »
This guy is a stud.  Majored in Spanish, star college player.  Did a little NBA bench work before going private sector and kicking butt there too.   Radel replaced, but Clawson has to run again in Nov.

http://www.cla.purdue.edu/alumni/awards/distinguishedalumni/Recipients/Clawson.html

Curt Clawson wins US House District 19 race

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 7:23 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 24, 2014 8:43 PM EDT

MIAMI (AP) - In a victory for the tea party movement, Republican Curt Clawson won a special election in southwest Florida on Tuesday to replace former U.S. Rep. Trey Radel, who resigned in January after pleading guilty to cocaine possession.

The businessman and former Purdue basketball star cruised past Democrat April Freeman and Libertarian Ray Netherwood in a solidly Republican district on the state's Gulf Coast. According to early unofficial results, Clawson captured 66 percent of the vote for District 19, which includes most of Lee County and about a third of Collier County.

On Nov. 20, Radel pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of cocaine possession and was sentenced to a year of probation. He admitted to buying cocaine from an undercover officer Oct. 29 in Washington. Radel, a onetime tea party favorite, resigned in January.

Clawson will now serve the remainder of Radel's term but must face voters again in November to win re-election.

The special election was essentially a formality in a Republican stronghold that hasn't elected a Democrat to Congress in more than four decades. In 2012, voters backed GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney over President Barack Obama 61 percent to 39 percent.

The run-up to Tuesday's vote was relatively quiet. Most of the political intensity was reserved for the heated and expensive four-way GOP primary in April.

To clinch his party's nomination, Clawson, a former CEO of an aluminum wheel company, tapped his personal wealth and cast himself as a political outsider who promised to cut taxes, reduce the deficit and repeal Obama's health care law. In a bid to boost his name recognition, the former college basketball captain ran an ad during the Super Bowl in which he challenged Obama to a three-point shootout.

Clawson derided his Republican opponents as part of Florida's political establishment, and he attracted support from Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and tea party groups, who helped him defeat two well-known state lawmakers, each backed by super PACs. He survived attacks on his business record, which included layoffs, plant closures and a deadly explosion at an aluminum company.

In all, Clawson spent $3.65 million of his own money to win the congressional seat, shelling out most of that during the primary, according to campaign finance reports. Freeman, the Democratic nominee, spent roughly $107,000 on her campaign.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
Senator?   Since when did rep Radel serve in the Senate?  And you call other people uninformed?

Whatever the case...Clawson sounds like a good replacement.