Author Topic: Have any of you chaps ever just packed your shit and left to a new city?  (Read 9899 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Any of you ever made an move like that planned or unplanned? I'm talking single fellas with no anchors.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Have any of you chaps ever just packed your shit and left to a new city?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
Oh yes.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »
Oh yes.

details please. How much money did you have? Did you have a job waiting? Friends or family in new town? Did you drive, fly etc?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
details please. How much money did you have? Did you have a job waiting? Friends or family in new town? Did you drive, fly etc?
What about the safety bunkers? You can't leave all of that behind.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »
What about the safety bunkers? You can't leave all of that behind.

Sir, please don't speak about classified info on a public forum. Loose lips, sinks Shizzts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Plenty of guys on here have had their shit packed.

Don't know about the leaving part.
Y

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

Went to Spain for a brief holiday in 1996.  Backpack, no contacts.  Never got back home again.

Honestly, idk if I'd repeat it.  Being a foreigner, being an out of towner, etc, is a hard slog sometimes.  And if you're outside your country it's never over.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
All the time. Got a job that allows me to transfer to any major city. Thinking I might settle for good in Charlotte soon.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 10:39:02 AM »
Any of you ever made an move like that planned or unplanned? I'm talking single fellas with no anchors.

I have, thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to be disappointed and realizing there's no place like home. If you make a move it better be for the right reason such as better job opportunities, affordable housing, and to better your living situation.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
Yes and it was NYC.  I had a job and found a roommate but knew no-one.  I made friends through work, my roommate, and the gym but there were some lonely times for sure.  I was there during a pretty wild time in NY and I have memories that will stay with me forever.

I eventually met my wife (now ex) we were together many years and had a daughter. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
Why Charlotte?

Its got everything. I'm into outdoor shit and it offers me it all. 2 hrs from the mountains, 2 hours from the ocean. Awesome fishing, roads for motorcycling, snow in the mountains for snowboarding, awesome hiking and rock climbing. Taxes are cheap. Plus southern sluts with huge tits everywhere.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 10:48:42 AM »
So where you off to, Wiggs?  Traveling light or towing a U-Haul?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
Yes.

best choices I ever made.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
I have.  Ive hitchhiked across country twice, rode freight trains to who knows where twice.
Ive also done about every type of work that I was ever interested in as a child or later as an adult.
joined the navy so I could discover whether pussy with a slant in this direction /  was better than pussy slanted like this \
that's just some of my adventures.  Ive picked up and moved off many many times.  sometimes out of necessity other times because I live life for myself on my terms.

on the other hand,
I moved from lima ohio to  downtown dayton in july.  but that was only after very careful consideration that even involved google earth  so as to see the area before the move. 
I'll prolly die here.  the only thing that would make me move again is palm trees and the ocean.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 10:53:57 AM »
I have, thinking the grass is greener on the other side only to be disappointed and realizing there's no place like home. If you make a move it better be for the right reason such as better job opportunities, affordable housing, and to better your living situation.
We are animals who adapt to their environment after we re forced to stay there for a while. Sometimes it's about adapting or dying, so people "choose" to adapt cause they cant flee. But yeah, people are the same on the whole fucking planet and so are the rules of the game; kill or get killed. You re better off dominating than being dominated. But if you dominate the evil way, it will bite you in the ass. People stop moving when they dont have the cash /energy/time anymore, as simple as that.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »

Wiggs, unless you have some money saved up (8-12 months of living expenses)  I would not advise it.

with that said, you are young, smart and full of energy so if you really want to then I say go for it. Do some job research before actually moving to a place. Also, why not think about other countries?  

Brazil is hiring US skilled labor to build their infrastructure

I

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 10:57:07 AM »

Wiggs, unless you have some money saved up (8-12 months of living expenses)  I would not advise it.

with that said, you are young, smart and full of energy so if you really want to then I say go for it. Do some job research before actually moving to a place. Also, why not think about other countries?  

Problem with wiggs is his age.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
So where you off to, Wiggs?  Traveling light or towing a U-Haul?

I'm thinking Atlanta. I want to live in a chocolate city. I've never lived in a city of majority Hebrews before. Atlanta is the black Mecca of the USA so this is where my eyes are set. This is a very serious consideration. I have no wife or children so it's all on me.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »
We are animals who adapt to their environment after we re forced to stay there for a while. But yeah, people are the same on the whole fucking planet and so are the rules of the game; kill or get killed. You re better off dominating than being dominated. But if you dominate the evil way, it will bite you in the ass. People stop moving when they dont have the cash /energy/time anymore, as simple as that.

^
The unpopular kid in the youth hostel.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
I have.  Ive hitchhiked across country twice, rode freight trains to who knows where twice.
Ive also done about every type of work that I was ever interested in as a child or later as an adult.
joined the navy so I could discover whether pussy with a slant in this direction /  was better than pussy slanted like this \
that's just some of my adventures.  Ive picked up and moved off many many times.  sometimes out of necessity other times because I live life for myself on my terms.

on the other hand,
I moved from lima ohio to  downtown dayton in july.  but that was only after very careful consideration that even involved google earth  so as to see the area before the move. 
I'll prolly die here.  the only thing that would make me move again is palm trees and the ocean.

Damn man, sounds like you have some vagabond stories for years.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
I'm thinking Atlanta. I want to live in a chocolate city. I've never lived in a city of majority Hebrews before. Atlanta is the black Mecca of the USA so this is where my eyes are set. This is a very serious consideration. I have no wife or children so it's all on me.
^^
Why not try WASHINGTON STATE... LOTS of Marijuana dispensaries opening now!!! (Seriously)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:28 AM »
Problem with wiggs is his age.

I turned 34 in July. My age isn't a problem.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »

Great advice. so 8-12 months living expenses. Are we talking rent, utilities, groceries?

RRR

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:15 AM »
I went to Thailand 5 years ago with 300 euros to my name. No contacts there. I knew the country a bit from previous holiday.

I'm still there.

Found a job, not quite legal, after 3 days. Once I had enough money I found a proper job and now I run my own business.

I wouldn't advise it unless you can connect with people easily and have some sort of skill. It can be just being very good at talking to people or some "proper" pro skill.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
A gay guy and a straight guy are caught in a fire and have to jump out of the window. Who hits the ground first?

The gay guy of course... His shit is already packed!!!
$