Author Topic: Is anyone else sick of "modern" gyms?  (Read 16575 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Re: Is anyone else sick of "modern" gyms?
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:39 PM »
lol @ "The dumbbells in my gym aren't heavy enough"  :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »
The dumbbells in my gym are too heavy.  ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:03 PM »
The dumbbells in my gym are too heavy.  ;D

heaviest ones at my gym are 166 lbs. each.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2013, 09:38:56 PM »
i agree, great post

This really is a bodybuilding (more like fitness competitor) website.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
This really is a bodybuilding (more like fitness competitor) website.

???

Of course it is.  Ron covers bodybuilding shows, its his site, ergo......

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
thats the way to go.not being a hermit afraid to go with the times.respect.i hope you do very well,it would be my prefered choice to do the same i fid go self employed.

yeah, sometimes the fitness gyms are cesspool for gay paople, so what.

yeah, sometimes theres ppl there doing very stupid things, like today one guy with sticks for legs used the hammer smith sqaut thing, but only with one leg,he alternated the legs after every rep haha, but if one cant take those in fun and laugh about it, maybe he has social issues?
cant walk through life being a miserable cnut every day all day,no?whats the point of life then.
its not like anyone posting here is prepping for the mr olympia.

and yeah, theres girls int he gym, yeah maybhe its even girls who are into training and stuff.good chance to find a girl there who is  into the same lifestyle, who understands when your meals are often chickenbreast, instead mcdonalds at the slightest hint of apetite.

chances are,she trains too(no shit girl going to gym to train), this means she cares about being in shape, not just covering up weaknesses with mascara and sell the fake package to the first best breeding mate fucktard.

to the many girls outside gym, muscular guys seem akward if they dont have the charme, but within a gym, if one doesnt chalk up his hands and avoids walkng round ils, its all good, they will understand that you do a cycle here and there etc.

training in basement, i consistently see fatsos doing that, its ok to each their own.
lol@ traning with the "essential" hardcore equipment in an unventilated basement haha, meanwhile in the ral world, gyms have machines superiorly imitating the perfect muscle movement and rom.sparing the joints.

the gym is also superficial and cruely comptitve place, thres always some ppl in great shape thr and this is good thing, if one dosnt see this as good thing,but as intimidating and reason for jealousy, yeah wrong sprot,buddy, train at home in a basement.,

the competitiveness, wanting to outdo eachothers, this is priceless and cant be emulated in some basement looking at a flex poster of a phsique outside the realm of reality.

chalk, dumbells too small, oh brother we have couple badasses here.welcome to the 21th century

Boom.  And LOL @ people who try and make me feel "bad" about it because I'm not hardcore enough.  Hahahahaaa.

I have forgotten more about training than 90% of the peple on this board will ever know. And I have the physique to back it up.

I'm not an antisocial person..I like the attention and the atmosphere,  plain and simple.  The greatest BBer of all time was a fkng character in the gym and had fun.  Between sets.  ;)

That would be Arnold.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »
The narcissism on this board...hahaha!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
Using gym cafes for meeting married chicks while old man is at work  ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 12:05:59 AM »
The narcissism on this board...hahaha!

Says the guy who has competed numerous times  ;)

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2013, 07:47:10 AM »

I'm not an antisocial person..I like the attention and the atmosphere,  plain and simple. 

Just because you work out in a dungeon doesn't mean you're anti-social, probably the opposite. If you're looking for a hardcore gym you're looking for people like yourself. Modern gyms make me feel isolated, everybody has their own headphones in and very rarely do people who are total strangers talk to each other. Wouldn't you like to go into a gym and know everybody's name and just feel at home?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »
I could never workout at home by myself...no motivation.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »

Same here. I wouldn't mind throwing a power rack, barbell, adjustable bench, and powerblock dumbells in my garage for when I'm running short on time though. Still would cost me around 5 years worth of a gym membership.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »
I could never workout at home by myself...I have no machines to sit on, and I'd be forced to do hard exercises like chins and deadlifts
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
thats the way to go.not being a hermit afraid to go with the times.respect.i hope you do very well,it would be my prefered choice to do the same i fid go self employed.

yeah, sometimes the fitness gyms are cesspool for gay paople, so what.

yeah, sometimes theres ppl there doing very stupid things, like today one guy with sticks for legs used the hammer smith sqaut thing, but only with one leg,he alternated the legs after every rep haha, but if one cant take those in fun and laugh about it, maybe he has social issues?
cant walk through life being a miserable cnut every day all day,no?whats the point of life then.
its not like anyone posting here is prepping for the mr olympia.

and yeah, theres girls int he gym, yeah maybhe its even girls who are into training and stuff.good chance to find a girl there who is  into the same lifestyle, who understands when your meals are often chickenbreast, instead mcdonalds at the slightest hint of apetite.

chances are,she trains too(no shit girl going to gym to train), this means she cares about being in shape, not just covering up weaknesses with mascara and sell the fake package to the first best breeding mate fucktard.

to the many girls outside gym, muscular guys seem akward if they dont have the charme, but within a gym, if one doesnt chalk up his hands and avoids walkng round ils, its all good, they will understand that you do a cycle here and there etc.

training in basement, i consistently see fatsos doing that, its ok to each their own.
lol@ traning with the "essential" hardcore equipment in an unventilated basement haha, meanwhile in the ral world, gyms have machines superiorly imitating the perfect muscle movement and rom.sparing the joints.

the gym is also superficial and cruely comptitve place, thres always some ppl in great shape thr and this is good thing, if one dosnt see this as good thing,but as intimidating and reason for jealousy, yeah wrong sprot,buddy, train at home in a basement.,

the competitiveness, wanting to outdo eachothers, this is priceless and cant be emulated in some basement looking at a flex poster of a phsique outside the realm of reality.

chalk, dumbells too small, oh brother we have couple badasses here.welcome to the 21th century

Admittedly, I work out at home because I usually start at 5:30-6:00 AM. My wife has access to multiple gyms (she gets free memberships where she teaches) but claims that our equipment is superior. That said, I really do miss inspirational physiques.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
 :)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »
Using gym cafes for meeting married chicks while old man is at work  ;)
yeah, ppl just dont get it.

was offered a job today from some female member in the gym.

best to not take it too serious if not competing for the olympia.lol.

in every gym theres these ppl,haha, were you wave to say hello, and they give you the sign"later,man, im fully into my training" haha oh brother.

theres countless times where i simply stopped a workout bc got into a talk with a woman.

priorities.

the supplement regiment will dictate how "big" one will be,when its all said and done.

and theres actualy ppl who judge a gyms hardcoreness(ob brother)by how heavy the dumbells there are.

what they gonna do with 200lbs dumbells?stare at them?roll them on the floor?

shoulder laterals?haha

military press?

ok realisticaly, maybe shrugs, maybe rows.
 some monsters will maybe be able to bench them, coo.

all those can be done with plates on an olympic bar.

less risk of injury, too.

one can put so much chalk on their hands as they want, in the end the physique does the speaking.
i train my legs with 1 plate per side squats, it doesnt get more feminine than that, but uh,it works.
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
Admittedly, I work out at home because I usually start at 5:30-6:00 AM. My wife has access to multiple gyms (she gets free memberships where she teaches) but claims that our equipment is superior. That said, I really do miss inspirational physiques.
yah some might say well gal can talk smooth, hes shredded blabla, but im so avwergae below avergae as far size goes in the gym, it wouldnt be as inspirational if one is the best looking.

ha yes,they wife factor.had women willing to train, but only in some particular gyms, they too felt the equipment is superior.

while i dont care about equipment(i traine din some extremly shit london gyms, and yeah also in some "real hardcore gym there, just saying), but the ppl gotta look like they know what their doing, or it becomes a parody, it has negative effect on the mind, it makes you see the whole thing as joke and never want to lift a weight aggain.

Boom.  And LOL @ people who try and make me feel "bad" about it because I'm not hardcore enough.  Hahahahaaa.

I have forgotten more about training than 90% of the peple on this board will ever know. And I have the physique to back it up.

I'm not an antisocial person..I like the attention and the atmosphere,  plain and simple.  The greatest BBer of all time was a fkng character in the gym and had fun.  Between sets.  ;)

That would be Arnold.
yes keyword athmopshere, after work or before work, i dont want to be in some prison-like basement with no ventilation, the atmoshpere literaly and metaphoricaly isnt the same.

:D
n

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »
yeah, ppl just dont get it.

was offered a job today from some female member in the gym.

best to not take it too serious if not competing for the olympia.lol.

in every gym theres these ppl,haha, were you wave to say hello, and they give you the sign"later,man, im fully into my training" haha oh brother.

theres countless times where i simply stopped a workout bc got into a talk with a woman.

priorities.

the supplement regiment will dictate how "big" one will be,when its all said and done.

and theres actualy ppl who judge a gyms hardcoreness(ob brother)by how heavy the dumbells there are.

what they gonna do with 200lbs dumbells?stare at them?roll them on the floor?

shoulder laterals?haha

military press?

ok realisticaly, maybe shrugs, maybe rows.
 some monsters will maybe be able to bench them, coo.

all those can be done with plates on an olympic bar.

less risk of injury, too.

one can put so much chalk on their hands as they want, in the end the physique does the speaking.
i train my legs with 1 plate per side squats, it doesnt get more feminine than that, but uh,it works.

For me I use dumbbells as opposed to a barbell for rows because its easier on my shoulders as I have rotator cuff issues. Some of the hammer strength machines work nice too but I like doing at least one freeweight exercise for major body parts.

120s are not heavy for back and chest work.
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »

Those musclemilk RTD'S are awful for you bro.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

Looks nice, but where's the bicep curl machine?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
very few ppl bench the 120s properly, as in respectable speed and rom.

and whether you or anyone liftys those weight or not, it doesnt matter, the body certainly looks like you dont.

this means your form is pisspoor.theres no other explanation.

you not lifting properly, your throwing and swinging around weights.

you dont need 120lbs dumbells, you need to learn muscle mind connection.

this is typical, tiresome and predictable.the fatties who think theyre working the muscles properly.

tell you something, those who can handle 120lbs for 10 prefect reps on bench are quite the monsters.hope this helps.

but as said, the physiques always speak for themselves.

next.
n

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
very few ppl bench the 120s properly, as in respectable speed and rom.

and whether you or anyone liftys those weight or not, it doesnt matter, the body certainly looks like you dont.

this means your form is pisspoor.theres no other explanation.

you not lifting properly, your throwing and swinging around weights.

you dont need 120lbs dumbells, you need to learn muscle mind connection.

this is typical, tiresome and predictable.the fatties who think theyre working the muscles properly.

tell you something, those who can handle 120lbs for 10 prefect reps on bench are quite the monsters.hope this helps.

but as said, the physiques always speak for themselves.

next.

Actually galeniko, it's not about the quality of one's physique anymore... it's all about WEIGHT!  The weight on the scale & the weight on the bar.

More weight = more better 8)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Your forget that not everyone here has your superficial goals. The 120s are nothing special for those pursuing strength. Its baby weight. When I was 19 I could rep the 120s for 16 reps AFTER I finished barbell benching.

the fact that you think 120s are something special or that very few could handle them is telling of yourself.

You need to get out of your tae bo fitness gym and take a trip to see some real athletes train. 
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »
Those musclemilk RTD'S are awful for you bro.

No worse than anything else on the market besides, It's guaranteed that they are walking out already starting recovery. It also helps that we are sponsored by MM.