Author Topic: Onetimehard for mod in steroids section  (Read 2794 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Onetimehard for mod in steroids section
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:48:37 PM »
So I thought I'd start this thread. I vote for OTH and myself (lol not yet), as mods in steroids section.

Oth knows his stuff and is a seasoned veteran. Just sayin.

nosbp2

• Getbig III
Re: Onetimehard for mod in steroids section
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
I agree

Gal would make a good mod too, though i think he wouldn't really like to be

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:16:26 AM »
u got a have somebody who's available... it's a responsibility, like a freakin job. lol

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:25:19 AM »
Onetimehard and Gal are two great choices.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:35:22 AM »
I vote for Coach Huang

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Onetimehard & a_ahmed for mods in steroids section
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:04:55 AM »
IMO, both a_ahmed and Onetimehard clearly posses exceptional knowledge in all areas of training (exercise, nutrition, and hormones), and both men have demonstrated the ability to conduct themselves (when they wish) in accordance with moderator etiquette worthy of governing a "serious" discussion board here.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »
I would support both Onetimehard and a_ahmed becoming mods!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »
The Qur'an says, "And make not your own hands contribute to your destruction." Surah, Al-Baqara

The Qur'an says that since the bad effects are greater than the good effects they are not allowed

The prophet Muhammad said: Every intoxicant is like alcohol, and every type of alcohol is prohibited.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:19:29 AM »
The Qur'an says, "And make not your own hands contribute to your destruction." Surah, Al-Baqara

The Qur'an says that since the bad effects are greater than the good effects they are not allowed

The prophet Muhammad said: Every intoxicant is like alcohol, and every type of alcohol is prohibited.

You are bacon, so you are haram. /thread

You shouldn't quote the Qur'an or Hadith when you don't know what you're quoting or where from, especially incomplete translations.

Intoxicants as traditionally understood refer to substances that alter the mental state of mind in such a way that you behave out of the norm. Alcohol and such things as narcotics (meth, cocaine, weed, opium, etc...) Everyone knows their effects on the mind.

The reasoning behind the prohibition is indeed the statement of alcohol, gambling and divination being great evils that lead to other evils... and that even if there is some good in alcohol the harm is far greater. Why do most people drink? To get themselves loose, to bed a girl, etc... amongst other things.

Scholars of Islam have recently marked steroids as haram on the evidence provided to them by the international olympic committee which state that steroids kill in x amount of ways which we all know is not true. None the less their conclusion is still based on islamic principles of protecting muslims from harm based on the evidence provided to them even if those evidences are skewed. The politics behind steroids and taboos of society are to blame, but then likewise most people are clueless about steroids and shouldn't be meddling with them to begin with.

That being said, professional level bodybuilders have abused steroids, gh, slin, synthol, stims, narcotics and a skew of other garbage things in a cocktail mix to get to the state of poor health that many get to in the first place. Blood pressure, kidney issues, etc... not from steroids alone.

Lastly, steroids are permissible as medications which is their original intended purpose. I'm on hormone replacement therapy regardless of bodybuilding for example.

Most people who lift and juice on a 'normal gym rat levels' are healthier than the average joe non-muslim or muslim who today are nothing short of weakling skinny fat/obesely fat tv ridden average joes. On the other hand those that juice and train eat healthier, train and are active.

I wouldn't be able to start a discussion with a scholar simply on the premise of prejudice with this subject, that is no different to any other bodybuilder who if they were to attempt to debate a family doctor, media spokesperson or politician they would be met with the same opposition due to the already established taboos.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
You are bacon, so you are haram. /thread

You shouldn't quote the Qur'an or Hadith when you don't know what you're quoting or where from, especially incomplete translations.

Intoxicants as traditionally understood refer to substances that alter the mental state of mind in such a way that you behave out of the norm. Alcohol and such things as narcotics (meth, cocaine, weed, opium, etc...) Everyone knows their effects on the mind.

The reasoning behind the prohibition is indeed the statement of alcohol, gambling and divination being great evils that lead to other evils... and that even if there is some good in alcohol the harm is far greater. Why do most people drink? To get themselves loose, to bed a girl, etc... amongst other things.

Scholars of Islam have recently marked steroids as haram on the evidence provided to them by the international olympic committee which state that steroids kill in x amount of ways which we all know is not true. None the less their conclusion is still based on islamic principles of protecting muslims from harm based on the evidence provided to them even if those evidences are skewed. The politics behind steroids and taboos of society are to blame, but then likewise most people are clueless about steroids and shouldn't be meddling with them to begin with.

That being said, professional level bodybuilders have abused steroids, gh, slin, synthol, stims, narcotics and a skew of other garbage things in a cocktail mix to get to the state of poor health that many get to in the first place. Blood pressure, kidney issues, etc... not from steroids alone.

Lastly, steroids are permissible as medications which is their original intended purpose. I'm on hormone replacement therapy regardless of bodybuilding for example.

Most people who lift and juice on a 'normal gym rat levels' are healthier than the average joe non-muslim or muslim who today are nothing short of weakling skinny fat/obesely fat tv ridden average joes. On the other hand those that juice and train eat healthier, train and are active.

I wouldn't be able to start a discussion with a scholar simply on the premise of prejudice with this subject, that is no different to any other bodybuilder who if they were to attempt to debate a family doctor, media spokesperson or politician they would be met with the same opposition due to the already established taboos.

Anything that is harmful to the body is impermissible, Haram. Our body is a gift from Allah and we should take the best of care of it.

Dangers of Steroids
Anabolic steroids cause many different types of problems. Less serious side effects include acne, oily hair, purple or red spots on the body, swelling of the legs and feet, and persistent bad breath. Some of the more serious or long-lasting side effects are:

* premature balding
* dizziness
* mood swings, including anger, aggression, and depression
* seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations)
* extreme feelings of mistrust or fear (paranoia)
* problems sleeping
* nausea
* vomiting
* trembling
* high blood pressure that can damage the heart or blood vessels over time
* aching joints
* greater chance of injuring muscles and tendons
* jaundice or yellowing of the skin; liver damage
* urinary problems
* shortening of final adult height
* increased risk of developing heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
^Lol trembling and bad breath? I think someone mixed up caffeine with steroids.

There's little arguing one can do with people who follow the politicized and established exaggerations and myths. That's why I said I wouldn't bother arguing with a scholar of Islam as I wouldn't be in the position amd their argument would be 'experts were consulted' because they are neither bodybuilders or scientists with direct use or research of steroids, nor would they care about doing that, their job is to be given the evidence and conclude based on Islamic principles the status quo of a subject matter.

Steroids are medications with side effects, that's a given, no supplement or medication on this planet is without some form of side effect, however the exaggerations are bs. Based on islamic principles if the evidences were concrete by principle it would be disallowed if it kills you, but the way the things are stated by the international olympic committee, it's all a bunch of rubbish. Every sane bodybuilder can attest to that, like I said I am not talking about the abusers at the pro levels that use so many drugs to the extreme and compromise their health.

Corticosteroids are given to children and elderly yet have greater side effects and damage. Advil, Tylenol and the like are over the counter and abused daily by billions. Ad Nauseum the list goes on.

Trembling how? Vomitting how? Nausea how? Bad browth how? Dizziness how?

Steroids don't cause balding and prostate issues, they activate the gene that causes it which will happen regardless in the long run, it's the mutated gene to blame.

Do steroids necessarily cause a heart attack or stroke or heart disease? No, but they can help it due to cholesterol changes in the long term, but again depending on the genetics of a person who is more prone or not prone. Heart growth? Most athletes get heart growth regardless.

Causes cancer? How? Testosterone or Estrogen? Growth hormone (not a steroid)? No they don't cause it they can accelerate a present cancer because of growth, that's why women are given anti-estrogen and anti-growth medications.

"Roid rage?" No, steroids amplify personality and drive. If you are an ahole, you will express it better as a bigger ahole. If you're a down to earth guy, you will push and drive harder at the gym and not want to kill your wife or neighbour because you're not an ahole in the first place.

Steroids are the body's workers, whether natural or engineered they cause genetic expression.

Politicians and general doctors advocate the same, but that's because study and science of steroids stopped a long time ago, and the only ones still in the know how directly exposed to steroids are bodybuilders and athletes. The fearmongering began two decades ago by united states politicians. Ironically an organization like the IOC will be used to pass US' own athletes on technicalities when they are caught with PEDs. Bodybuilders and athletes continue to use performance enhancing drugs and are not dropping dead left and right. The few that have died, died from a variety of other abuses at the end of the day, but the media will never talk about that. Plus at the end of the day is it healthy being 300lbs+ probably not and I wouldn't blame steroids for that.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
Lol

Back on topic: oth as a mod on that board or i will send every nucluarweapon in north korea to bomb the next mr olympia

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
Lol

Back on topic: oth as a mod on that board or i will send every nucluarweapon in north korea to bomb the next mr olympia

Ron must lift sanctions off of North Korea first his zionist ways have gone too far. You tell em!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »
Ron must lift sanctions off of North Korea first his zionist ways have gone too far. You tell em!
haha yes!!!!!