Author Topic: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym  (Read 35019 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« on: January 04, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »
These kind of threads are always good for a few laughs on here.
Ok, while far from themost retarded thing , I saw a guy doing these odd form lat pulls today. He had a light wt and was pulling it down to his upper abs.

BGSLVOWNR

• Getbig II
  • EVEN THE MIGHTY OAK STARTS AS AN ACORN
Re: What is the most retarded thing(s) you have seen in the gym
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 12:06:34 PM »
THERE IS A SKINNY DUDE AT MY GYM WHO'S WAY OF DOING BENCH PRESS IS TO LIFT IT OFF THE PEGS AND THEN SET IT BACK DOWN. HIS RANGE OF MOTION IS ABOUT AN INCH AND HE LOADS THE WEIGHT ON. IT'S PRETTY FUNNY TO SEE. BETTER THAN THAT THOUGH, IS THE "SHADDOW BOXERS" THAT ARE IN EVERY GYM.
14 WORDS

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:16:54 PM »
THERE IS A SKINNY DUDE AT MY GYM WHO'S WAY OF DOING BENCH PRESS IS TO LIFT IT OFF THE PEGS AND THEN SET IT BACK DOWN. HIS RANGE OF MOTION IS ABOUT AN INCH AND HE LOADS THE WEIGHT ON. IT'S PRETTY FUNNY TO SEE. BETTER THAN THAT THOUGH, IS THE "SHADDOW BOXERS" THAT ARE IN EVERY GYM.

gotta love the shadow boxers..... i always ask them if they are winning

saw a guy the other day kicking a 10lb medicine ball around the equipment like he was fucking pele. he would weave in and out of the equipment like he was jooking his opponents..... ::)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »
These kind of threads are always good for a few laughs on here.
Ok, while far from themost retarded thing , I saw a guy doing these odd form lat pulls today. He had a light wt and was pulling it down to his upper abs. For some  reason he must have felt this was a correct rep. He then moved on to this seated curl machine, where you rest each elbow on the pad and do a curl with the handle. It is a good bicep isolation move but this guy was doing them with his elbow OFF the pad, moving it up and down with his arm kinda locked in a 90 degree position.Of course he had on this BIG, thick wt belt, really tight and a towel around his neck tucked into his sweat shirt, like an ascot  :Dand knee high tube socks :P
I enjoying watching others when doing cardio, especially if they look wacky :o

Howard

I see it everyday. It's called "pilates".

SUCKMYMUSCLE

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 12:44:44 PM »
1. Some clown doing hack squats on a 45 degree calf machine.

2. Fat bastard doing quarter reps on the bench press with 315.

3. Wigger basketball player getting CRUSHED trying to bench 280.

4. Male college student getting stuck on the leg press with 50 lb.

5. Powerlifter guy unloading one side of a 400 lb barbell in a power cage, and the startled look on his face when said bar flies into a glass window.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 12:45:19 PM »
a few types in my gym...

Mr partial rep:
this guy is like a  twig and on EVERY lift he uses huge poundages but moves the weights like three inches... benches, squats, leg presses...whatever

cardio and ab member:
they always do the same fucking thing EVERY time they go to the gym.....abs and cardio, its as if the weights have  fucking leprosy or somthing

Multi-tasker:
 in an effort to get their whole body workout down to like 10 minutes, they use items such as towels, belts and water bottles to "tie up" machines so nobody elese can use them and interrupt their circuit....funny thing they always look the same month after month

boyfriend/girlfriend duo-this guy is a huge pussy following his girlfriend from station to station like a douche doing every exercise in perfect synchronization...they should go to the olympics and stop going to my gym

fat trainer: it seems every trainer at my gym is a slob... training a slob

hot milf- you can tell this 40 something is quivering for a hard f**k and they look hot also.... I like to see older chicks take  care of their body...too bad that pussy is collecting nothing but dust...f**k!

I'm done

>:(

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »
True story:

This weirdo at my gym (skin-tight short shorts, girls strappy tshirt, everything black) who fancied himself a budding Arnold asked me and my training partner to spot him while he was doing squats.

Big mistake.

I wasn't going to help this arrogant narcissist, but the gym instructor (a good friend of ours) announced (with a wink) that Spandex Boy (not that he called him that) was going to squat 315 lbs for two sets of 20 reps and really needed three people to spot him. My training partner and I agreed despite our bafflement. After all, how often do you see someone with 19 inch thighs beat the gyms squating record. (I'd set the record with 405 for 10 a week previously)

My training partner and I took our positions either side of the rack, the instructor gave Spandex Boy a lift off.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13... 14, 15... 16... 17... 18... 19... and... 20!

We racked the weight.

The bar never moved, each rep consisted of Lycra Man breaking the lock in his knees and then restablishing that lock out position.

Now I've seen some weird shit in gyms: topless trainer, Swiss ball squats, Swiss ball overhead presses, half squats, quarter squats, one-eighth squats.... but QUARTER-INCH SQUATS!!!

We stood around in amazement as the Lycra-Spandex Wonder prepared for his second set.

The Wonder adjusts himself under the bar, adjusts his prominent lycra wrapped package... concentrates... blocks out everything else... concentrate... focus... you can do it... grit the teeth... and.... and... one... two... three... LIFT!.... ARRRGGHHHH!!!

Nothing.

The Wonder strains once more...

Still nothing.

Seems my training partner and I had rather mischieviously re-racked the weight ONE pin lower than the Wonder usually used. Now he can't get the bar out of the rack.

Did we laugh? Did we mock and jeer him?

No.

We implored him to continue:
"Com'on dude! You can do it!"
"One more rep! Com'on big man!"
"Do it! Do it!"
"One more for the mass Diesel!"

...at the top of our lungs... for five minutes... The Wonder passed out from effort.

The 315 remained racked throughout.

The Luke

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 01:06:44 PM »
these skinny little fucks that walk around that think there are all big and shit..
they don't have good form the have like 13in. arms but they walk around like they are big.

Or there is skinny fags that think everyone who is bigger than them are on steroids, I got threw doing curls the other day and a kid made a injecting motion in to his leg to his friend as if to say I was on gear. That dumb ass I weigh like 180 what a Idiot.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »
the funniest are the douchebags who unload the leg press one side at a time and then act shocked when the thing flips over.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 01:13:53 PM »
i've seen a guy do 2 inch squats with 6 plates on each side... the crazy thing was that he was supersetting with the calve machine and had that totally stacked with all the weight possible. he was using up all the 45's in the leg room and everyone was pissed.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »
what do yall think about the arm band I- pod holders

gay or not gay

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »
i had a clown ask me to spot him on seated calf raises, hahaha, this douchebag had 6 plates on it and didn't even have enough strength to unrack the weight.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »
did you say no

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »
I HATE the gym ninjas! There is a guy that stands in the middle of the gym floor and starts doing all these crazy kicks like he thinks he is Jet Lee.

There is this really wierd guy that wears the same outfit every day (track suit from the 70's about 2 sizes too small) and I kid you not he stands in front of the mirror with a towel around his neck and does this body shake thing like a boxer before a fight trying to keep loose...onkly thing is he never does anything but that?!

Another guy who has a serious mullet and always works out in daisy dukes and combat boots and an 80's tank

Another guy doing seated hammer bench and bouncing the arms off the rubber so hard the whole machine moved a few feet each set

Funniest thing I have seen though was this guy when i was in university...obviously on lots of sauce (boils everywhere) and he was not right...like he used to walk around carrying a football all the time and whenevr he saw a skinny guy he'd ram teh ball in there belly and yell "HAND OFF" so anyways he is doing chins and decides to take his shirt off (in teh school gym) so a guy on the football team  (who had all the football strength records of all time) who is a huge O-lineman walk up, goes on teh other side of the chin bar and yells an inch from his face "put your fuckin shirt on and get the f**k out of here before a ram a barbell up your homo ass" teh "toughguy" grabbed his stuff and split...it was hilarious

bigally

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 01:23:10 PM »
what do yall think about the arm band I- pod holders

gay or not gay

gay

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 01:24:11 PM »
did you say no
i'm usually not mean to people so i helped him then when he was done i asked him why the fuck he felt like he had to go so heay on that exercise, he said i want bigger calves, i said you have to move the weight to get bigger calves, the way i look at it is that you never know when you might need somebody's help so i usually never refuse.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »
you sound like a nice guy

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »
Going for an impossible 600 bench after doing 500 got the weight of the rack and watched it come crashing down to my chest luckly my 2 mates who were LAO saved me.
Saw one guy screaming and grunting with 130 on the bar and the owner of the gym telling him to quiet down.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 01:38:39 PM »
A fat guy who load up the bench plates, lift off the pegs and lowered it down a few inches and push back up again. He continue doing that for a good 10 reps. I guess he must be training his elbows
I am a mini beast

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »
Another guy who has a serious mullet and always works out in daisy dukes and combat boots and an 80's tank

Hey man, nothing wrong with that!  ;D
Z

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 09:07:22 PM »
a fat guy doing lunges and falling down ;D

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »
In 2001 a mother put her child in a cradle right next to me doing flat presses with 70s or 75s (can't remember which).  Definitely enough to kill the baby, and had I just dropped the weight without paying attention, it would have.
WHAT A STUPID BITCH.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2006, 09:29:12 PM »
I WOULD HAVE SLAPPED SOME SERIOUS SENSE INTO HER.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 10:13:18 PM »
I saw a guy doing karate on the treadmill.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »
I saw a guy riding his skateboard on the treadmill. He did it all the time at Gold's Venice. I thought it was pretty cool but retarded at the same time.
a