Author Topic: 2013 NPC NATIONAL BODYBUILDING OVERALL CHAMPION & NEW PRO  (Read 22108 times)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2013 NPC NATIONAL BODYBUILDING OVERALL CHAMPION & NEW PRO
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
The fucking Branch syndrome, awarding the better conditioned guy over the guy with the better physique!
Yep the Joel guy should have won his class.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »
that pic tells u a bit smaller than winner but nice lines and taper ,winner big but block waist'square',genetics go one way or other,and packing on muscle to overcompensate only goes so far that could be top 5 but not winners circle here it won so be it..

I will try to find a better comparison but winner also had that torn bi that stood out.  Joel still got his card and if he maintains his aesthetics and comes in shredded he could be a good pro.  He really should have come down to heavyweight and been a shredded freak with superb lines.

Aaron Clark is one new pro that comes in shredded!

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
Sorry to say bigRo but you wouldn't, you're way too thin. Your pic looks good by itself but would be exposed for lack of size, against those guys. You have a good physique but need another 20lbs of muscles to compete at that US nationals.

i dont think so.

they dont have 20lbs muscle over him, they have 10lbs of waterbloof and 10lbs of gut and god knows what over him.

the back of the overall winner has all the marks of a shitty back, high lats, thin lats(hell mine are thicker from behind and mine are pathetic), the whole back is soft soft soft like a fresh turd.

they got nothing on ro, and ro has way dryier conditioning.

n

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »
I thought Joel would take SH but he just can't seem to nail his conditioning.  He should have gotten the nod over Patteracky IMHO for his overall balance, muscle density and size. What happened to Nick last minute is vexing to say the least.

this is a great physique.  better than most pros.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2013, 03:38:44 PM »
i dont think so.

they dont have 20lbs muscle over him, they have 10lbs of waterbloof and 10lbs of gut and god knows what over him.

the back of the overall winner has all the marks of a shitty back, high lats, thin lats(hell mine are thicker from behind and mine are pathetic), the whole back is soft soft soft like a fresh turd.

they got nothing on ro, and ro has way dryier conditioning.

I couldn't place top 6 in Canada at 235 lbs. and i'm under 5'10

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
agreed. A lot of thick quality muscle.

rudylrichards

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
why do I have to keep telling people this, it is simple mathematics, 3 times as many bodybuilder now, hence more pro cards.
what's wrong with you, bringing logic into a Getbig debate  ???  Besides, it's 4 - 5 times the number of competitors.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
why do I have to keep telling people this, it is simple mathematics, 3 times as many bodybuilder now, hence more pro cards.
Quantity, not quality...

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »
yes size is important.

I wouldn't be worthy top five at this years SHW National class?...utter bullshit. 6ft 240lbs on stage is not small! And dont bring this check your ego shit to me, I am as humble bodybuilder you will get but that doesn't mean I cant speak my mind.
ppl say you only look better than the heavyweight, i think you look better than the overall winner.

either way, the guy who said you wouldnt place top5 at usa npc divisions is full of bs.

as for the argument that ppl are small in europe, lol, i dont think so, not sure if the one who said so has been to european shows.

its easy to outweight others when not fully dry.

harder to get as lean when bigger?hm yeah how comes, one might ask.

there are those typical conpetitors in europe with the striated glutes but soft backs, this is nothing special and this doesnt mean the guys have more size,which is a relative term.

in 3 months is arnold classic, a guy i know will compete there, and i dont see him outmassed by any american,if they even attend.
n

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »

I saw his FB photos and thought game over.

I will never understand judging.

April 2013

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »
I saw his FB photos and thought game over.

I will never understand judging.

April 2013

reminds me of myself in '95.  lol.  fuk i'm getting old.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »
so I would not place top six in superheavys yet that lump of turd would win? mhm  ::)

The amount of praise you've received on Getbig is swelling your ego BigRo.

Your physique is amazing, but not as good as you think.

Until you stand next to those guys don't assume you are just as good.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
yes size is important.

I wouldn't be worthy top five at this years SHW National class?...utter bullshit. 6ft 240lbs on stage is not small! And dont bring this check your ego shit to me, I am as humble bodybuilder you will get but that doesn't mean I cant speak my mind.

Obviously not.  ::)

People can speak their mind and still be humble. You however, have not.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
These guys don't look as bad as people think.

It was a solid class.

However I'm not sure what is going on with so many weak chests nowadays.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:19 PM »

It was a solid class.

bad lighting can make everyone look smaller and smoother.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »
bad lighting can make everyone look smaller and smoother.

Indeed and it sucked for nationals.  Also with USA's, NA and Nationals talent is getting watered down some. 

When Arron Clark won his card in the heavyweight class he was 202 and beat guys with well over 20lbs on him.  Until people stand side by side on stage it's awful hard to speculate on how they would stack up.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2013, 05:18:50 PM »
Indeed and it sucked for nationals.  Also with USA's, NA and Nationals talent is getting watered down some. 

When Arron Clark won his card in the heavyweight class he was 202 and beat guys with well over 20lbs on him.  Until people stand side by side on stage it's awful hard to speculate on how they would stack up.

exactly. I've seen lightweights that on their own look like Mr. O.    when the overall comes out , wow,   that's him??  no way.

also, remember how much better guys used to look at the ironman, when they were actually peaking for the Arnold the following week?   all the extra drying out and sharpening up couldn't make up for the difference in the lighting being worse.

I always wondered why Arnold didn't hire the lighting guys from the Ironman.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »
exactly. I've seen lightweights that on their own look like Mr. O.    when the overall comes out , wow,   that's him??  no way.

also, remember how much better guys used to look at the ironman, when they were actually peaking for the Arnold the following week?   all the extra drying out and sharpening up couldn't make up for the difference in the lighting being worse.

I always wondered why Arnold didn't hire the lighting guys from the Ironman.

You also bring up another good point.  Joel competed in an NPC show the week before nationals and took second.  I think that helped him guage his dry out and see how he looked on stage.  So many pro's and amateurs pick one show and that's it.  No better way to track progress than to get on stage next to other competitors and adjust from there. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »

It was a solid class.

The Superheavies sucked ,they are getting worse every year!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
The Superheavies sucked ,they are getting worse every year!
you got that right.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
You also bring up another good point.  Joel competed in an NPC show the week before nationals and took second.  I think that helped him guage his dry out and see how he looked on stage.  So many pro's and amateurs pick one show and that's it.  No better way to track progress than to get on stage next to other competitors and adjust from there. 

the shitty thing here in Canada ,  there is only one show a year I was ever allowed to do, the nationals.  i'd get so pissed at screwing it up I wouldn't try again for a few years.   but I never hit my peak onstage. always looked better from 3 weeks to 3 days out than I did onstage.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
the shitty thing here in Canada ,  there is only one show a year I was ever allowed to do, the nationals.  i'd get so pissed at screwing it up I wouldn't try again for a few years.   but I never hit my peak onstage. always looked better from 3 weeks to 3 days out than I did onstage.
Hazbin, so many unbelievable Bodybuilders missed their peaks, Rory Leidlemeyer, Matt Mendenhall, Edgar Fletcher just to name a few off the top of my head! All should have been great pro's!

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »

Explain?

Can you not do provincials as well?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
I won the overall once , the heavyweight twice, and the masters once so they said I couldn't do them again.

Western Canada's was a good level show that I may have eventually won, but they eliminated it in the mid nineties.

here's my last chance at winning the westerns, 1995.  5'9.5  239lbs. second place.

I think the jump from provincial to national is too big.   plus it seems you have to do the nationals each year to place better.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »
  I used to go to the USA in Vegas