Author Topic: Creatinine and Kidney's  (Read 7590 times)

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Creatinine and Kidney's
« on: January 04, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »
My creatinine level's have been on the high side and now I have to do a 24-hour urine test?  I know having muscle mass or working out can drive up these levels.  Any suggestions to help clean the kidney's?  I have been also been suffering from major gout!
I have cut back my protein and other supplements.  Due, to the holidays I have been flying a lot and have also been very dehydrated any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have increased my fluids but helping as much.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Creatinine and Kidney's
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »
might want to try the nutrition board...

how much creatine have you been taking a day? what kind and for how long?

i have never heard of anyone having elevated levels under "normal" doses.

just trying to help.

8)

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
Creatinine is a protein produced by muscle and released into the blood. The amount produced is relatively stable in a given person. The creatinine level in the serum is therefore determined by the rate it is being removed, which is roughly a measure of kidney function.

Creatine is a supplement.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »
Increased creatinine levels don't necessarily have anything to do with creatine.

The kidneys not working as normal can cause blood levels of creatinine to increase.  A test for creatinine levels is sometimes done with a BUN test to check for kidney fuction.

Gout is often caused because of high uric acid levels (in the blood), sometimes when the kidneys are not able to filter it well enough.  So, it certainly sounds like you've got some issues going on with your kidneys.

Drinking cranberry juice can help the kidneys by increasing the citrate concentration.  There are also a ton of drinks and formulas designed to "cleanse" the kidneys, though I can't vouch for how well any of them work.  Drinking lots of fluids in general will help as well.

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 07:21:08 PM »
Thanks for the help! 

ChinoXL

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:34:31 PM »
How high was your pk level?  I have had the same problem after a cycle of Test Cyp and Deca300 at 750mgs/300mgs a week for 12 weeks.  I was told to drink as much water as I possibly could and to not work out until the levels stableized.  My level was at about 1200 while the cutoff is around 200 something.  A little past that point is where your kidney fail and your heart follows.  You should be Ok if you cease exercise for a bit and take in those fluids.  PhosCreatKinase Serum levels increase as a direct result of muscle tissue breaking down(waste product).  Anyone who works out intensely more than likely has an elevated level, but someone juicing and not drinking the right amount of water is very likely to suffer from the more extreme cases.

ChinoXL

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 01:38:06 PM »
bump for the opinions of the higher ups

jbflift

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:27:33 PM »
I need to find out I've been going through the nurse.  I appreciate the advise I will start sucking down the water.

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 07:15:37 PM »
Lift bro.

Creatine WILL create higher creatinene <sp> levels.  This will tell the doctor that you have kidney deficiences <sp>.  However this is a myth.  It has been proven that higher creatine levels do create a giher creatinene level, it does not harm kidneys.  It is simply the effect that unused creatine turns into with prolonged periods of water.

The same reason that you should not PREMAKE a creatine drink 1/2 hr ahead of time.  It will break down the creatine into creatinen there fore makeing it useless.

IT:S A FACT, LOOK IT UP>
D

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 04:04:03 AM »
september 21 2003 i started taking creatine.

november 3 2003 i was admitted to hospital extremly sick. kept there a week and was an outpatient for months.

i had PRE EXISTING kidney problems which i did not know about. only one of mine works. the tube which leads from the kidnet to urethea on my rid kidnwy is too narrown. there was a huge build up of gunk and crap in my kidneys. caused me immese pain, pissing blood clots infections and various other terrible symptoms. to discover this i had to have a camera shoved up my watsit lol.

however that was me. i know tens of other ppl who have taken creatine and are fine. i know it say s on box to check with a doc. you really should. i am glad i know now about my condition.

bottom line is if you have healty kidneys fire away. if not dont. if unsure check.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
drink water

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
yeah lots of water.
bodybuildersreality.com

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 11:59:30 AM »
Lift bro.

Creatine WILL create higher creatinene <sp> levels.  This will tell the doctor that you have kidney deficiences <sp>.  However this is a myth.  It has been proven that higher creatine levels do create a giher creatinene level, it does not harm kidneys.  It is simply the effect that unused creatine turns into with prolonged periods of water.

The same reason that you should not PREMAKE a creatine drink 1/2 hr ahead of time.  It will break down the creatine into creatinen there fore makeing it useless.

IT:S A FACT, LOOK IT UP>

This is true, it happend to me. Creatine will give you and increased Creatinine level. My 24hr protein was fine, and when I stoped taking Creatine my levels came down. It is harmless to the kidneys.