Author Topic: Knockout Game Turns Deadly: 60 Year Old Woman Kills 2 Teens After Being punched  (Read 7129 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
UPDATE: It appears this story is a FAKE - heartwarming nonetheless

Knockout Game Turns Deadly: 60 Year Old Woman Shoots and Kills 2 Teens After Being Punched

Police are still trying to piece together the events of Monday night after a woman was attacked and then fired shots into the crowd of teens that assulted her.

Beulah Montgomery, who just turned 60 yesterday, says she was walking home after purchasing lottery tickets when she says a group of teens, 7 of them, approached her. Montgomery initally thought they were going to attempt to steal her purse but says she was instead hit by one of the individuals as a second attempted to hit her. That's when she grabbed her gun.

"All I could feel was pain and I said to myself I had made it to 60 and I wanted to atleast see 61," she recalled. "Then I started praying and I asked the Lord to guide my hands" Montgomery says she then reached into her purse and and shot in the direction of the teens and they started to flee. However two of them didn't make without being hit.

Beulah who is a member of her local neighborhood watch said she has always carried a gun after being mugged once before. "Its a shame you can't walk through your own neighborhood where you are supposed to feel safe without being assulted and mistreated," she continues. "I purchased the gun hoping I would never have to use it, but I'm glad to still be in the land of the living."

The same cannot be said for her two victims, Montgomery fired 5 times hitting one of the teens in the chest and the other in the stomach. Because of their age police are not releasing the names at this time, but are saying the teens died as a result of the gun shot wounds. Police are still looking for the others teens who were apart of the group. Witnesses say they ran off after the gun shots were fired.

Police have not yet charged Montgomery, who has no prior arrests, but she was detained and later released.

This is the latest story in what seems to be a string of similar incidents happening over the US where teens are playing something called the "knockout game" where they approach strangers and attempt to knock them out with one punch.

http://news.awfbase.com/content/knockout-game-turns-deadly-60-year-old-woman-shoots-and-kills-2-teens-after-being-punched#.UpK2z8QW2Sq

V

That_Dude

• Getbig III
God bless that woman

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
It appears this story is a FAKE - heartwarming nonetheless

This one is true : http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/366605-marvell-weaver-fails-at-knock-out-game-gets-shot-and-arrested/?photo=2
V

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
Good for her 8)
H

sancho ed

• Getbig III
hope its true....too bad she didnt take out all of them....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
arent you the same E-Kunt who is against guns?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
arent you the same E-Kunt who is against guns?
No, I am against ridiculously easy access to them.  We have guns in Australia, but they don't just hand them out to anybody.  There are strict rules and regulations that are applied.  Admittedly, we don't have gangs of youths loitering the streets looking for innocent people to king hit.  I believe if you are going to allow guns, then allow unfettered access, give everyone an equal chance, or the other way, if you are going to disallow them, get rid of them, make it impossibly hard for the average Joe to obtain one.  Not this half arsed trying to please both sides situation.
V

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
If the story is indeed fake, the purpose of intentionally circulating a story of this kind would be as a deterent.
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
No, I am against ridiculously easy access to them.  We have guns in Australia, but they don't just hand them out to anybody.  There are strict rules and regulations that are applied.  Admittedly, we don't have gangs of youths loitering the streets looking for innocent people to king hit.  I believe if you are going to allow guns, then allow unfettered access, give everyone an equal chance, or the other way, if you are going to disallow them, get rid of them, make it impossibly hard for the average Joe to obtain one.  Not this half arsed trying to please both sides situation.

Thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Unfettered access to all?  So criminals too?  So freaking stupid.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Unfettered access to all?  So criminals too?  So freaking stupid.
You obviously don't understand the criminal mind do you, they aren't concerned with laws, regardless of whatever legislation is in place, criminals will continue to do as they please.  Here in Australia, gun access is ridiculously hard, yet the criminals have plenty of guns.  Whether you like it or not, criminals will always be criminals, they will always have plenty of guns, regardless of the societal paradigm they live in. If you think you are going to stop criminals getting access to guns, you are ridiculously naive.
V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
You obviously don't understand the criminal mind do you, they aren't concerned with laws, regardless of whatever legislation is in place, criminals will continue to do as they please.  Here in Australia, gun access is ridiculously hard, yet the criminals have plenty of guns.  Whether you like it or not, criminals will always be criminals, they will always have plenty of guns, regardless of the societal paradigm they live in. If you think you are going to stop criminals getting access to guns, you are ridiculously naive.

I understand it very well. The problem with your thought process is that you arent making any distinction between a law abiding citizen acquiring a weapon, which I am all for, or a person with a criminsl record.  Sure they will acquire them illegally, but to open up them being able to purchase them anytime is beyond idiotic.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
I understand it very well. The problem with your thought process is that you arent making any distinction between a law abiding citizen acquiring a weapon, which I am all for, or a person with a criminsl record.  Sure they will acquire them illegally, but to open up them being able to purchase them anytime is beyond idiotic.

You seem confused, criminals can ALREADY purchase GUNS anytime (and that will always be the case) an open market will make no difference to their purchasing ability.   And like I said, the current system you have is half arsed, you can easily obtain a weapon but are then massively restricted in it's use.  You either let every citizen walk around armed or not at all.  The ones shooting up schools or workplaces aren't criminals, they're unstable citizens.  Criminals for the most part try and shoot each other, no serious career criminal wants to kill an innocent person.
V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
You seem confused, criminals can ALREADY purchase GUNS anytime (and that will always be the case) an open market will make no difference to their purchasing ability.   And like I said, the current system you have is half arsed, you can easily obtain a weapon but are then massively restricted in it's use.  You either let every citizen walk around armed or not at all.  The ones shooting up schools or workplaces aren't criminals, they're unstable citizens.  Criminals for the most part try and shoot each other, no serious career criminal wants to kill an innocent person.

Nonsense.  You understand very little about US gun violence.  As I said I agree that law abiding citizens should be able to purchase guns legally, but are you implying that criminals should be able to do the same?  I know they buy them off the radar.
But to think that criminals only shoot each other is the one being naive.  The cast majority dont care who they shoot.  Innocents are opnely targeted, as well as killed as bystanders.

If your point is that law abiding citizens should have access to firearms, they already do, except in f'd up cities like NYC and Chicago.  If you think the laws should be changed there, take it up with the lib/dems. Where I live everybody owns weapons.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Nonsense.  You understand very little about US gun violence.  As I said I agree that law abiding citizens should be able to purchase guns legally, but are you implying that criminals should be able to do the same?  I know they buy them off the radar.
But to think that criminals only shoot each other is the one being naive.  The cast majority dont care who they shoot.  Innocents are opnely targeted, as well as killed as bystanders.

If your point is that law abiding citizens should have access to firearms, they already do, except in f'd up cities like NYC and Chicago.  If you think the laws should be changed there, take it up with the lib/dems. Where I live everybody owns weapons.
You seem to have this mentality criminals are somehow non citizens and wear a t-shirt saying I am a criminal.  Criminals are no different than you and I, and it doesn't matter what laws you introduce, criminals will always have access to weapons.  And what you and I refer to as a criminal is obviously two different things, career criminals, in other words people who make a living from crime, would never want to unnecessarily kill an innocent person.  The people you are talking about who would shoot anybody are unhinged citizens, they may have a criminal record, but they are certainly not career criminals. 

And this whole concept of "law abiding citizens", there is no such thing, you can't predict who will commit crimes in the future.  I guess what you mean by law abiding citizen is someone who doesn't have a criminal record, hardly indicative of if they are a law abiding citizen. Most people who break the law are trying not to get caught.  How many commit crimes and get away with it, we will never know because they didn't get caught.  Whether someone has or hasn't committed a crime is not an indicator of if they will commit future crimes.  Every criminal started as a so called law abiding citizen.
V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
your last statement shows that you don't know too much about the criminal element or have dealings with them.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
your last statement shows that you don't know too much about the criminal element or have dealings with them.
Exactly the opposite, this may come across as strange to you, but career criminals don't want to go to jail.  Like I said, what you might view as a criminal I see as an unhinged idiot.  No professional crim would risk doing a long stretch for shooting an innocent person.  A true career criminal actually takes pride in how he goes about his profession, and shooting innocent people isn't seen as something they want to add to their CV.  What makes someone succesful as a career criminal is NOT going to jail, they take their profession seriously, and shooting an innocent person is unprofessional and a sure fire way to bring unwanted heat down on them.  I think you have professional criminals mistaken for delinquent thugs.
V

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Exactly the opposite, this may come across as strange to you, but career criminals don't want to go to jail.  Like I said, what you might view as a criminal I see as an unhinged idiot.  No professional crim would risk doing a long stretch for shooting an innocent person.  A true career criminal actually takes pride in how he goes about his profession, and shooting innocent people isn't seen as something they want to add to their CV.  What makes someone succesful as a career criminal is NOT going to jail, they take their profession seriously, and shooting an innocent person is unprofessional and a sure fire way to bring unwanted heat down on them.  I think you have professional criminals mistaken for delinquent thugs.
Many don't mind going to jail. A career criminal has nothing to lose. What many don't want is to get caught. If you don't have anything to lose, then shooting an innocent person, beating one, is no skin off their back.
Besides, delinquent thugs tend to be career criminals.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
No, I am against ridiculously easy access to them.

I believe if you are going to allow guns, then allow unfettered access, give everyone an equal chance

Uh-huh....

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Many don't mind going to jail. A career criminal has nothing to lose. What many don't want is to get caught. If you don't have anything to lose, then shooting an innocent person, beating one, is no skin off their back.
Besides, delinquent thugs tend to be career criminals.

A career criminal has everything to lose, it's that awareness that separates him from the thugs.  No criminal wants to get caught, regardless of how good at crime he is. We obviously have different concepts of what constitutes a career criminal.  In my book, a delinquent thug could never be a career criminal.  To me, a career criminal is someone who considers themselves a professional at what they do and takes pride in it and does it in the best way possible.  A delinquent thug could never make a career out of it because he will either die young or serve such a long stretch as to make the possibility of a career at it impossible.
V

MikMaq

I love getbig logic, we need guns you know incase some obscure knockout game takes over america. This is media hype nothing more.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I love getbig logic, we need guns you know incase some obscure knockout game takes over america. This is media hype nothing more.

The problem is with the media providing minimal coverage of the knock out game/polar bearing hunting games  while giving an inordinate amount of coverage to an even more obscure and irregular event like the death of Trayvon Martin.  And until recently, when there was coverage of these hate crimes, the racial identity of the perpetrators and victims were intentionally withheld, purely for political reasons. This clearly demonstrates a media bias and public outrage is the only tactic that can remedy the problem.

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The problem is with the media providing minimal coverage of the knock out game/polar bearing hunting games  while giving an inordinate amount of coverage to an even more obscure and irregular event like the death of Trayvon Martin.  And until recently, when there was coverage of these hate crimes, the racial identity of the perpetrators and victims were intentionally withheld, purely for political reasons. This clearly demonstrates a media bias and public outrage is the only tactic that can remedy the problem.

more people were probably killed in slip-and-falls at grocery stores than in these "KO Game" attacks in the last week.  But nobody is talking about water in aisles.  It's just more interesting to talk about this... casual news watchers will get into it because "that could happen to me" or "tha'ts just plain wrong!"

That's how you KNOW a story is going to be all over the place, however irrelevant... when your typical non-daily news watcher will be interested.  They don't give a rats ass about govt shutdown or the deficit, but "WOAH, an old lady I'll never meet in a state I'll never visit was punched by two jerks I'll never meet, I gotta share this on my wall..."

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
more people were probably killed in slip-and-falls at grocery stores than in these "KO Game" attacks in the last week.  But nobody is talking about water in aisles.  It's just more interesting to talk about this... casual news watchers will get into it because "that could happen to me" or "tha'ts just plain wrong!"

That's how you KNOW a story is going to be all over the place, however irrelevant... when your typical non-daily news watcher will be interested.  They don't give a rats ass about govt shutdown or the deficit, but "WOAH, an old lady I'll never meet in a state I'll never visit was punched by two jerks I'll never meet, I gotta share this on my wall..."

You were pretty active in the whole trayvon thing but you dismiss this with a hand wave? 
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
If the story is indeed fake, it's heartwarming nonetheless

Indeed, heartwarming

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
You were pretty active in the whole trayvon thing but you dismiss this with a hand wave? 

because as a result of some dipshit cowboy running two blocks with a 9mm to catch some punk he thought stole his bike, there may very well be huge legislative effects on permit holders, such as myself.

That 6x arrested punk means jurors on self-defense cases might be convicting wrongly because "this one's for Trayvon!" for the next 20 years.

I see a group of kids walking, and they're not carrying books on the way to school focused, and I'm already hand on butt of gun preparing for them.  Anyone who is such a slip that they just smile and shrug their way thru life as to not see young kids as a threat, well, that's not how I roll.   KO story doesn't affect me, as I already suspect 100% of the people "walking in groups" on the street as a potential threat, regardless of race, gender, age.