Author Topic: Greg Kovacs dies at 44  (Read 113512 times)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Greg Kovacs dies at 44
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
Greg was recently in the hospital for heart surgery and was starting to clean up his system but I guess he waited till it was to late. Bodybuilding is all fucked up and it will continue to be fucked up and continue to take its toll on hundreds/thousands..

Any more information,

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2013, 08:19:10 PM »
Markus ruhl is the Keith Richards of bodybuilding, he ain't going no where.
PIP Greg

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: Greg Kovacs....RIP
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »
Obviously this is sad, but for a man who was over 360lbs for 20 straight years, a death like this can't be too much of a wake up call. Now if a current Olympia competitor died, then that would be a real eye opener.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
Obviously this is sad, but for a man who was over 360lbs for 20 straight years, a death like this can't be too much of a wake up call. Now if a current Olympia competitor died, then that would be a real eye opener.

Not Olympia competitor, but Daniele Seccarecci died something like 4 days after the Nordic Pro.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Greg Kovacs....RIP
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
Any more information,
I don't know much more then that he was aware of his condition was in the hospital for it and was trying to get things in order-Greg was a good guy and may he rest in peace...

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
Some people might not agree but i think that if you are just living for the sake of living then you are not living at all, if there is something that i am passionate about and the risk is that it might take 10 years off my life i would still do it because being happy for me is more important then just living, PIP big greg.

LOl I admire your passion but give it another 5 or 6 years, a kid or two, people who love you and rely on you. Body dismorphia will take the back seat. Nasser, Gregg and many others who passed never had kids and shitty relationships. No coincidence.
®

chess315

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:11 PM »
Most muscular man in history in my opinion...The stories told about him are legend...This is a sad day for bodybuilding
I agree its sadder then usually I think because at some point ever kid/guy that picks up a weight say I'm going to be the biggest mother fucker ever and he did it almost kinda proud of him in a way.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
I don't know much more then that he was aware of his condition was in the hospital for it and was trying to get things in order-Greg was a good guy and may he rest in peace...

Thanks Bro, Just a shame that guys like him and Nasser seemed to get diagnosed so late in their condition they seem to go so quick once diagnosed.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »
Thanks Bro, Just a shame that guys like him and Nasser seemed to get diagnosed so late in their condition they seem to go so quick once diagnosed.
I agree-and I see a lot of people on this site talking shit--just makes me sick..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »
I'm so sad to hear this news. Greg was truly a gentle giant, one of the good guys.  

Let's show strength and solidarity for a great iron brother by allowing an appropriate length of time for respectful remembrance before moving on to speculation about cause.  

chess315

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »
   One kovacs story that always stuck out in my mind was him being so strong he had to have his wife and a friends go to the gym with him because he couldn't load and unload all the 45lbs plates he used so many. Imagine every movement you doing having to shuffle around between 12-40 45lb plates

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
Yeah, Markus should try and slim down while he's got the chance.

Sad days are coming as all these guys from the 90's start dropping.

How exactly you slim down your heart, which has grown to be more than twice larger than its normal size by using GH?

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »
Yeah, Markus should try and slim down while he's got the chance.

Sad days are coming as all these guys from the 90's start dropping.

markus is more of early to mid 2000's guy
T

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
How exactly you slim down your heart, which has grown to be more than twice larger than its normal size by using GH?

It shrinks upon cessation of the drugs.  Maybe not to normal size, but the LVH is at least somewhat reversible

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:04 PM »
well of course steroids increase the risk but so does drinking alcohol and taking pills, but I think the biggest factor is his weight. he has been 360lb forever and as high as 415lb this is for nearly 20 years.

Here is a true story about Kovacks, I was helping with a show 10 years ago and Kovacks was there and the promotor sent someone out to get food and asked Kovacks what he wants to eat, he said 6 big macs.  The man could eat. I laugh at you guys who say you can not eat X amount of calories per day, this guy could, I have seen him.

Also drinks a lot of water. friendly as they come, I also watched him train at golds Mississauga back and the day and he could move some fucken insane poundages, side laterals with the 100s with perfect form.

What a load of bullshit. You can try to comfort yourself with lies like that, but pills, drinking and weight doesn't really make your heart grow like GH does. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11207626

If you look around, old bodybuilders are all from the era before modern drugs and GH guts..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
RIP Greg Kovacs, arguably the strongest bodybuilder ever.

Imagine how big the coffin's going to be  :-\

It's not about when you die, it's about how many motherfuckers it takes to carry the casket.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »
Markus ruhl is the Keith Richards of bodybuilding, he ain't going no where.
PIP Greg

How about Dave Palumbo, the founding father of "Palumboism"? How he must feel these days, while these guys go down around him..he is 45, will he ever be 46?  ;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »
It shrinks upon cessation of the drugs.  Maybe not to normal size, but the LVH is at least somewhat reversible

It is a muscle, so it shrinks thinner, not much smaller from it's size. It will be just about as large as it has grown, but walls will be thinner, and that's how it can't be even as efficient as it was. When normal heart is size of your fist, these guys heart is closer to size of their head. There is some drugs which help to reverse that growth, it was some cancer drug which has this effect, but it has it's prize..

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2013, 11:45:57 PM »
It is a muscle, so it shrinks thinner, not much smaller from it's size. It will be just about as large as it has grown, but walls will be thinner, and that's how it can't be even as efficient as it was. When normal heart is size of your fist, these guys heart is closer to size of their head. There is some drugs which help to reverse that growth, it was some cancer drug which has this effect, but it has it's prize..

Now you're just trolling, nobody's heart is close to the size of their head.

Is aas/gh abuse unhealthy?  Yes
Is some of the damage reversible? Yes, some or even most of it
Will IFBB pros live shortened lives?  Sure

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2013, 12:12:20 AM »
All of superheavy guys must watch out for their health.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2013, 02:28:07 AM »

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »
Let's show strength and solidarity for a great iron brother by allowing an appropriate length of time for respectful remembrance before moving on to speculation about cause. 

Yeah, let's do what everybody around our iron brother did and pretend he was immortal could only have died from a freak, unexpected and undetected genetic defect he had from birth ::)

Let's respect our iron brothers and ignore the truth like they did, right into the grave.  Greeeat.

All of these guys died, ignoring medical advice for years.  Ignoring the truth. 

That's a ridiculous opinion, Tre.  Politically correct nonsense. 

Discuss away.   Markus is next.  I wish there was a way to petition Markus to lose some weight.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:07 AM »
I remember reading about him in a flex magazine back in 1995. He was the next big thing.
He deserved better luck but he brought that to himself.

RIP.