Author Topic: Greg Kovacs dies at 44  (Read 112550 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: Greg Kovacs dies at 44
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »

I am sure the majority of these bodybuilders were given their fair share of warning signs by their own doctors..yet took that risk.... This lifestyle is an obsessive subculture, where many believe that they are the anomaly and won't succumb to human physiology...  The more realistic bodybuilders ended their careers when they were warned.... I do not doubt that is why you do not see a comeback a la Shawn ray..even though I know he still has the drive to win it all... But am damn sure he now has a precondition like many who were a part of his era..where continuing competitive bodybuilding will have to shorten his lifespan....  Acceptance is a tough pill to swallow....    Nature stopped giving free lunches as soon as they were told..enough is enough...

Awesome post. Props to the ones who took the hints. Weird subculture...
®

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
D-B, are you saying there's not free lunch in nature?

I see you're a Tim Ferriss fan

God speed chief.  8)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2013, 10:16:58 PM »
I see you're a Tim Ferriss fan

God speed chief.  8)

Yup.. and Dr Drew as well  8)
®

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:29 AM »

jesus christ......I wasn't aware Matt Duvall died too.....what the fuck?....and the IFBB never take notes of these deadly Trends?

Why should they? The IFBB is about entertainment, for which they need a constant supply of new freaks. As long as there are enough new retards wanting to join that club, they will continue with their freaks shows.

Retards, because after all taxes and expenses very few earn any money, and many have to become male prostitutes in order to finance their absurd steroid/gh and recreational drug habits. Combine that with a seriously reduced life expectancy, and I think "retard" is the right word for such dudes.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »
Why should they? The IFBB is about entertainment, for which they need a constant supply of new freaks. As long as there are enough new retards wanting to join that club, they will continue with their freaks shows.

Retards, because after all taxes and expenses very few earn any money, and many have to become male prostitutes in order to finance their absurd steroid/gh and recreational drug habits. Combine that with a seriously reduced life expectancy, and I think "retard" is the right word for such dudes.

Wow, maybe the IFBB's new slogan should say: come and join us at your own risk...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2013, 06:18:07 AM »
Know when to quit!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2013, 06:40:23 AM »
Know when to quit!

LOL....he couldn't afford the offcycle package

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
Know when to quit!

It's stupid to start!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2013, 09:36:15 AM »
LOl I admire your passion but give it another 5 or 6 years, a kid or two, people who love you and rely on you. Body dismorphia will take the back seat. Nasser, Gregg and many others who passed never had kids and shitty relationships. No coincidence.
I cant believe you just made an intelligent comment.

Gives me hope in mankind.

Yet at the very same time you re implying you were one of nasser's "shitty" relationship. Ill take it as another great step toward the truth.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2013, 10:14:18 AM »

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
From june this year:

check sweaty armpits, check permanently deformed gh face and check monster forearm
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
Induced growth of cardiomyocyctes is irreversible my friend.....as seen in cases of hypertrophy, where the ventricle is forced to increase contractility in order to provide more oxygenated blood due to higher demand....    Follow physics...power = length x tension ...   Something is going to have to give ...it was just a matter of time.. The human body can only compensate to a certain futile degree.....  All the abusive factors contributed to his accelerated demise...  And yes..numerous past bodybuilders of the 70s did indeed undergo bypass surgery of some form- although not the hypertrophic acceleration seen in generation GH coupled w other anabolic enhancements... 

hey danny, is the ventricle only increased if the hearth has grown in size, is this an exclusive feature or can it be increased while the heart is still normal sized?
n

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
hey danny, is the ventricle only increased if the hearth has grown in size, is this an exclusive feature or can it be increased while the heart is still normal sized?

LOL @juicer worries. You're too late chief  ;D
®

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »
Danny Boy dropping some serious knowledge up in this bitch!!

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:02 PM »
;D

;D ;D
n

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »
®

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »

lmao

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
Stop before it's too late!
you know, lool, same can be said for you, youre slightly overweight too, so were on the same boat.

;D
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »
we are together in this alex what we gonna do :D

lets wait for danny and see what he says.

phew good thing i dont smoke that much ciggs ;D
n

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
Induced growth of cardiomyocyctes is irreversible my friend.....as seen in cases of hypertrophy, where the ventricle is forced to increase contractility in order to provide more oxygenated blood due to higher demand....    Follow physics...power = length x tension ...   Something is going to have to give ...it was just a matter of time.. The human body can only compensate to a certain futile degree.....  All the abusive factors contributed to his accelerated demise...  And yes..numerous past bodybuilders of the 70s did indeed undergo bypass surgery of some form- although not the hypertrophic acceleration seen in generation GH coupled w other anabolic enhancements... 

^

Thanks Danny

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »
Know when to quit!

to be fair he was 'off' aka on probably just a gram a week in the October picture. And suffering health issues

If he hadn't done all that midsection damage and came in drier he'd still be shitting on 'natural pros' (who use more than him) in the After pic.

MM is a good chap, he urges obsessed mid-level Venice go-nowhere bbers to drop this stupid lifestyle and expand their lives.

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »
LOL @juicer worries. You're too late chief  ;D

On a case by case basis...  hypertrophy of the left ventricle is usually what is seen within these types of patients... where the left ventricle happens to be the corresponding chamber that is ejecting the body's overall systemic blood flow to all your tissues, muscles, organs, etc..... In order to overcome a higher pressure gradient now seen in the aorta...  this left ventricle has to find new avenues in order to compensate and re-establish a new set medium of adequate blood flow and stroke volume that will supply the rest of the body... Further, in order to provide more "force" aka "higher contractility" - more cardiomyocytes need to develop OR hypertrophy may also be seen . Here, the cardiac muscle eventually stiffens and loses its capability to contract adequately... BIGGER heart -> demands greater supply of 02 via the coronary arteries(which directly supply the heart)   quick cardiovascular 101 -> heart is made up of 4 chambers composed of 2 atriums and  2 ventricles..   it is possible for only one ventricle to hypertrophy... but this always leads to backed up problems of pressure... IE/  increased hydrostatic pressure backed into the lung's capillaries.... leading to pulmonary edema.. aka another quick way to die      so to answer your question... yes the all other chambers can be of normal size w/ the left ventricle exclusively increasing in muscularity/size =bad bad bad    

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2013, 11:35:48 PM »
Know when to quit!

Only the gut/waist remained the same...

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2013, 01:10:24 AM »
Danny whats your opinion on TRT, would you consider using it with your knowledge of the cardiovascular system, and what theory do you have with the low test marketing claim that low testosterone is also bad for the heart.