Author Topic: Right-wing Hack Lara Logan placed on leave over discredited '60 Minutes' report  (Read 3165 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
CBS correspondent Lara Logan has been ordered to take a leave of absence after an internal review found her discredited "60 Minutes" segment on the Benghazi consulate attack was poorly vetted, the network said in a memo to staff.

The network also asked Logan's producer, Max McClellan, to take a leave of absence. CBS did not specify a length for the leaves.

"As Executive Producer, I am responsible for what gets on the air," CBS' Jeff Fager said in the memo. "I pride myself in catching almost everything, but this deception got through and it shouldn’t have."

Logan has already publicly apologized for the October story, which featured an interview with security contractor Dylan Davies, who claimed he witnessed the 2012 raid that left four Americans dead.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/26/21628974-lara-logan-placed-on-leave-over-discredited-60-minutes-report?lite

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I dont care about the facts of this event now, we already know what happened.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Shitty year for her, eh?  Gang-banged (or whatever) by a mob of Egyptians and now this.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Shitty year for her, eh?  Gang-banged (or whatever) by a mob of Egyptians and now this.

Low blow, dude.  She was raped.  Besides that, she really fucked up
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Low blow, dude.  She was raped.  Besides that, she really fucked up

Was she actually raped?  I'd heard she was only molested by some mob but that's not the kind of story where I was wanting to get every detail.  6 or 7 years ago I liked her and thought she was sexy but hadn't heard what she was up to until that Egypt bullshit. 
(And sorry if this is racist or whatever, but I wasn't surprised it happened in Egypt -- Back in 2002 in Phuket I wanted to give a beatdown to this Egyptian tailor's helper shithead for the way he was staring at my American girlfriend while I was hashing out the details for buying a suit from his boss.  I ended up just yelling a little and storming out of the place without buying anything but man, for a second there, I really wanted to start swinging.)

Lara has definitely had some bad luck although, Benghazi crap aside, I wasn't aware that she's considered a hack.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
If we had the same policy on this board that CBS has we'd lose about 75% of our right wing posters

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Lol.    The cbs mess has nothing to do w the overall fiasco that is benghazi

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Lol.    The cbs mess has nothing to do w the overall fiasco that is benghazi

It had PLENTY to do with the perception and thus LACK OF PROSECUTION/INVESTIGATION of the events.

She delivers us a false interview with a security contractor that wasn't there... Misinformaiton is out there... now repubs can't touch it without "remember that false interview..."

Her crap interview helped Obama.  Repubs are scared to touch benghazi or impeachement. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It had PLENTY to do with the perception and thus LACK OF PROSECUTION/INVESTIGATION of the events.

She delivers us a false interview with a security contractor that wasn't there... Misinformaiton is out there... now repubs can't touch it without "remember that false interview..."

Her crap interview helped Obama.  Repubs are scared to touch benghazi or impeachement. 

Bullshit.    What the fuck is wrong w you?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
Right wing. Lol.
$

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Right wing. Lol.

I know. :o

I don't get how anyone can think Lara Logan is right-wing. ::)

Lara Logan? ROTFLMAO!!! ;D

Since when?

There are no conservatives working at CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC... or CNN.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I know. :o

I don't get how anyone can think Lara Logan is right-wing. ::)

Lara Logan? ROTFLMAO!!! ;D

Since when?

There are no conservatives working at CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC... or CNN.

Obama and the left wing hacks have had it out for her once she exposed Obama lies that al queada was decimated in the middle east.  Remember this speech she gave?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
she's not right wing.  she's good at being provocative politically, saying "I'm on nobody's side..."

The fact is - She muddied the waters on benghazi.  Anyone who attacks obama on benghazi is immediately hit with "Oh, when even the liberal media is making things up about benghazi... did you know 60 minutes was entirely wrong and made up a witness?

Sorry 33, she helps obama.  You're a conspiracy theorist on the birther issue... do you think Orally Tate actually HELPS the bither cause?  Of course not.  She makes them all look like fools.   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
she's not right wing.  she's good at being provocative politically, saying "I'm on nobody's side..."

The fact is - She muddied the waters on benghazi.  Anyone who attacks obama on benghazi is immediately hit with "Oh, when even the liberal media is making things up about benghazi... did you know 60 minutes was entirely wrong and made up a witness?

Sorry 33, she helps obama.  

I happen to agree with you, 240.  She confused the issue to the point a lot of people are going to simply wave their hands in dismissal.  It reminds me a lot of the CBS debacle over Bushs military service record.  I honestly believe there was a story there but CBS so fucked up the reporting that no one wanted to get within 100 feet of the issue.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I happen to agree with you, 240.  She confused the issue to the point a lot of people are going to simply wave their hands in dismissal.  It reminds me a lot of the CBS debacle over Bushs military service record.  I honestly believe there was a story there but CBS so fucked up the reporting that no one wanted to get within 100 feet of the issue.

hhhhmmmmmm  - ever hear of a plant?   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

I don't think that's so crazy an idea, in both cases-bush record/Benghazi. And I admit it is one that crossed my mind.   Humiliate the media and they become hesitant to persue the story.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't think that's so crazy an idea, in both cases-bush record/Benghazi. And I admit it is one that crossed my mind.   Humiliate the media and they become hesitant to persue the story.

Especially after she blew the lid on obamas lies on the middle east at that speech I posted. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Right Wing Hack?

Are you high?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If she had commented that Palin deserved to have someone defecate in her mouth and urinate on her eyes, she would have avoided any punishment.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you guys have to see from the libtard mindset

to them Nancy Pelosi is center to just left of center....

240 is Back

• Getbig V

who do you think planted her?  Obama/the left did it to muddy the waters?  That is what I claimed above, and you said bullshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
who do you think planted her?  Obama/the left did it to muddy the waters?  That is what I claimed above, and you said bullshit.

I missed that part - yes that is what I believe. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Is she the woman that got raped by that crowd of savages in Libya? ???

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Yes.

But not Libya, it was Egypt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I missed that part - yes that is what I believe. 

You see this with most conspiracy theories... there is a person with a bombshell story, makes the CT look true for 5 minutes, and THEN the person is discredited/mocked, and the whole CT movement looks like shit.

It's cool when it's a false CT, but wow, it sure helps make credible CTs look bad, doesn't it?   This is the shit some getbiggers were complaining about in 2005 lol... Obama's very good at it... why do you think the #1 voice of the birther movement isn't a respected person like alan keyes, but a freakshow like Orally Taintz?   lol...