Author Topic: how exactly does hiding ones shirt 'mess with their head'?  (Read 3056 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
how exactly does hiding ones shirt 'mess with their head'?
« on: January 04, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
and furthermore, how does messing with one's head affect the way their body physically appears on stage?  ::)

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
Re: how exactly does hiding ones shirt 'mess with their head'?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 11:32:40 PM »
They made all that up. Never happened. The whole mind game thing doesn't make sense to me either.
T

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 11:43:47 PM »
Correction; it did happen but the incident is shown out of sequence. Katz lost his shirt after the contest. It was edited to make it seem like Waller hide it during the contest.
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »
Correction; it did happen but the incident is shown out of sequence. Katz lost his shirt after the contest. It was edited to make it seem like Waller hide it during the contest.

Exactly! But ya gotta admit , it did add some drama to the show.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 06:13:47 AM »
and furthermore, how does messing with one's head affect the way their body physically appears on stage?  ::)

he must be thinking, "Oh bollocks.. momma will get angry at me again"
I am a mini beast

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger stated on the "Pumping Iron, 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD that the investors asked for a little more drama in the film, because simply having the footage the bodybuilders training and eating was rather boring.

On its face, bodybuilding is a rather boring "sport", to the average Joe. So, George Butler, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and others had to spice up the film. Hence, you have all the "psyching out" and "mind games", being employed.

Arnold even stated that he got that bit about not attending his father's funeral, as it was during contest prep, from a French bodybuilder. The Oak stated that his father passed away three months AFTER a contest and that he saw his father, shortly before he died.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 07:25:10 PM »

was his pappy buried in a swasitka flag dya think ??

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 10:57:38 PM »
They gave him the 21 gun salute.

"Shut the F up and train"

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 05:09:51 PM »
was his pappy buried in a swasitka flag dya think ??

I doubt it. Plus, you have to remember that, in Austria (and several other countries), military service was mandatory for males, once they hit a certain age. Arnold himself used to drive a tank.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »

....I still find it funny how on the DVD Arnold disputes the fact that anybody stole Katz's shirt...but then in the bonus footage 25 years after, Waller admits to stealing the shirt and saying it was 'what he was like' at the time.  So did he or didn't he?...what I figure is that he did, and after they realized what he did they shot the football scene where Waller admits it, then showed the cut scene in Africa to make it look 'during' instead of after the show.

By the way, why would a bodybuilder need to have a t-shirt moments before a show anyway?...and if it was that ratty thing he was wearing during his training shots in the garage, yipes...MIKE, THROW THAT NASTY SWEATY THING AWAY....Waller did you a favour, it's lucky his hand didn't have to be amputated after touching it.

SOLVED????  YOU DECIDE!!!

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »
I think the t-shirt is selling on EBAY
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:56:20 AM »
I could give a fuck about two guys fighting over a shirt
$

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
X2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 10:47:38 PM »
....I still find it funny how on the DVD Arnold disputes the fact that anybody stole Katz's shirt...but then in the bonus footage 25 years after, Waller admits to stealing the shirt and saying it was 'what he was like' at the time.  So did he or didn't he?...what I figure is that he did, and after they realized what he did they shot the football scene where Waller admits it, then showed the cut scene in Africa to make it look 'during' instead of after the show.

What Tommy said above is what actually was said in the 25th Anniversary edition.

How boring is bodybuilding so that a fake stealing of a competitor's t-shirt makes it more exciting.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
Yea you dont need a shirt on stage anyway ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »

I can't believe people care about stupid shit like shirts from 25 years ago.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 07:46:31 AM »
I can tell you that Mike does not like to discuss it and never liked Waller

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 07:47:57 AM »

Unfortunately this post reveals your naivete around all things bb.  Asking this is like questioning why someone becomes more of a badass while sporting Tap Out gear.  Much like the force in the Star Wars universe, the shirts provide a bb or cage fighter with their strength.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 07:57:03 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger stated on the "Pumping Iron, 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD that the investors asked for a little more drama in the film, because simply having the footage the bodybuilders training and eating was rather boring.

On its face, bodybuilding is a rather boring "sport", to the average Joe. So, George Butler, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and others had to spice up the film. Hence, you have all the "psyching out" and "mind games", being employed.

Arnold even stated that he got that bit about not attending his father's funeral, as it was during contest prep, from a French bodybuilder. The Oak stated that his father passed away three months AFTER a contest and that he saw his father, shortly before he died.

here is a man who knows the truths,,,also believe it or not arnold never ever never trained that intense it was only for the filming that he grunted and went crazy,,,he never NEVER TRAINED TO FAILTURE just before failutre he trained he knew how to act in front of the camera

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 08:23:44 AM »
Unfortunately this post reveals your naivete around all things bb.  Asking this is like questioning why someone becomes more of a badass while sporting Tap Out gear.  Much like the force in the Star Wars universe, the shirts provide a bb or cage fighter with their strength.

QFT!

Spoken like a man who truly understands the transformational power of clothing. :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »
I can tell you that Mike does not like to discuss it and never liked Waller

Did Ken 'do something' to the garment in question?