Author Topic: If you don't know how to fight... 15 year. old boxer destroys a 20 year old.  (Read 9194 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

Still think size will help you?

And that kid is only using his hands.

Gracie Rules

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
P3ople that think size > skill are usually ignorant or are in for a rude awakening.

however, there are times where size and strength can play a crucial role.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
boxing + bjj

you cant go wrong

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Ive said it a million times, there is "in shape" and in fighting shape. Anyone who thinks they are in shape need to go try and wrestle for a few minutes and that will let you know you arent really in good shape.

size and strength play a crucial role in most fight, if they person with size and strength know how to leverage them.

Also this is a shitty example, if that was a street fight the turn out could have been much different

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
Keep your hands up, and your chin down!

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
Ive said it a million times, there is "in shape" and in fighting shape. Anyone who thinks they are in shape need to go try and wrestle for a few minutes and that will let you know you arent really in good shape.

size and strength play a crucial role in most fight, if they person with size and strength know how to leverage them.

Also this is a shitty example, if that was a street fight the turn out could have been much different

Are you saying that the kid does not know how to fight dirt? most people that knows/or have some skills" beginner to moderate" already knows how to fight dirt.

Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
boxing + bjj

you cant go wrong

Muay thai+Bjj. way better. ;)
Gracie Rules

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.

The Grandmaster has spoken.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

che

• Getbig V
I've seen shit like this  hundred times . the usually start gassing halfway through the first  round.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV

This is a bb forum...everybody here brags about been a 300 pound monster 7ft tall strong as f*ck.

Every time someone say something about fight, some coward mention a gun or something similar.

wow!!! go figure.
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
Gracie Rules

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
Hey!! wtf? BJJ is f..ing hard. ;)

It's known as the gentle art  ::)  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Are you saying that the kid does not know how to fight dirt? most people that knows/or have some skills" beginner to moderate" already knows how to fight dirt.

what I am saying is that in an actual street fight where grappling would have been allowed the bigger/stronger guy would have had more of an opportunity to utilize those advantages.

he doesnt have that same ability when just boxing

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
what I am saying is that in an actual street fight where grappling would have been allowed the bigger/stronger guy would have had more of an opportunity to utilize those advantages.

he doesnt have that same ability when just boxing

Hmmmmmmm!! yes and no. we don't know if the kid knows how to wrestle.. right?
 And since the kid is way more conditioned than the other dude. that is a great advantage. to take someone down takes a lot energy. and how the f*ck the guy would take that kid down? he couldn't even punch the kid. and the kid was in front of him.

Gracie Rules

tonymctones

• Getbig V
 And since the kid is way more conditioned than the other dude. that is a great advantage. to take someone down takes a lot energy. and how the f*ck the guy would take that kid down? he couldn't even punch the kid. and the kid was in front of him.

hmmmm YES it defintely would allow him a better chance to utilize his size and strength. This isnt even a fucking question....

now whether he could capitalize on it goes back to my first post...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V

Bjj vs Bodybuilder  ;D

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
It's known as the gentle art  ::)  ;D

It is because we don't like violence, and we call it "smooth art".

We will just put you to sleep..well unless we are in a different mood,than we will break something an arm,leg foot,neck or your spine. ;D

Gracie Rules

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

I rolled around with some 250-300lb cops until I got a wicked back injury.  Throwing me didn't seem especially exhausting for them.  There was just no one in my light weight class in that club, and that weight made a whole lot of difference.

che

• Getbig V

that weight made a whole lot of difference.

Are you an expert grappler Tapeworm?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I rolled around with some 250-300lb cops until I got a wicked back injury.  Throwing me didn't seem especially exhausting for them.  There was just no one in my light weight class in that club, and that weight made a whole lot of difference.
big difference between rolling around with someone in practice and doing so when youre both trying to win or have something at stake

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Ask your mom!!

Far from it.  The 3-dan who ran the club wasn't a big guy and he did ok with the fat blue belts.  I had no chance at all tho.

It was still fun (I liked throwing more than rolling) but getting hurt scared me off.  Potentially losing my work from a judo injury seemed like a dumb gamble so I quit going.  :(

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
 Why most people think that a guy with years of fight experience, does not know how to fight dirt " no rules"?

I can tell this, in a fight situation, if i have to "street or life and death situation", you will loose an eye or both eyes...at least. not bragging.
Gracie Rules

che

• Getbig V
''Throwing me didn't seem especially exhausting for them''

Far from it.  

BINGO