Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 32708 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »
I doubt you are really looking for the truth, but I'll answer your question anyways in case I'm wrong, or perhaps others would like to know. 

Three things are required for the universe to exist:  time, space, and matter.

If God created the universe, which means he created time, space, and matter, then he must exist outside of time, space, and matter.  You can't create something new if you are already bound by the thing you are creating. 

You know the word "universe" means "a single spoken sentence."  God created this entire place in a single spoken sentence in Genesis 1:1

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
                            (time)                          (space)          (matter)
youre not honest there, it doesnt state he created time.

time was created with the bigbang, so if we cherrypicking here, bigbang was before god
n

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
Its 2013 i cant believe people still believe in this God, religion,heaven mumbo jumbo and whats worse its not just a few nuts, its billions!! Prove it to me! Go on prove it!! you fucking cant!!! Its all brainwashing shit that you fell for!

Please go take some courses in theology. They go through what you want to understand,  methodically and logically. I was agnostic in university and still am.....yet here I am understanding why there may be a higher power.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »
youre not honest there, it doesnt state he created time.

time was created with the bigbang, so if we cherrypicking here, bigbang was before god
if we are to be rigorous, we don't even have proof there was no time before. just background radiation that implies a very big explosion. however, the theories that come after that will never be corroborated because not one part of the event people call big bag will ever be replicated.
Is that science? theories that can't be put to the test? didn't think so either.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »
Well if you are using all your brain power and you are such a dumbass then may god help us.

;D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »
if we are to be rigorous, we don't even have proof there was no time before. just background radiation that implies a very big explosion. however, the theories that come after that will never be corroborated because not one part of the event people call big bag will ever be replicated.
Is that science? theories that can't be put to the test? didn't think so either.
im critical to both science and religion btw.

the big bang theory is indeed very very flawed, future humans will laugh at the science pov from today.

n

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 11:28:50 AM »
im critical to both science and religion btw.

the big bang theory is indeed very very flawed, future humans will laugh at the science pov from today.

Yeah both are pretty futile IMO. Religion is made up baloney to control people and science even the top scientists probably know less than 1% of the secrets of the universe. Why can't people just accept that we don't know and never will know the true origins.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 11:30:43 AM »
Falcon please help us.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
No one will know until the very end where somebody will come in and yell "APRIL FOOLS" and pulls the plug on us all.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »
Well if you are using all your brain power and you are such a dumbass then may god help us.

;D ;D ;D ;D

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:21 PM »
No one will know until the very end where somebody will come in and yell "APRIL FOOLS" and pulls the plug on us all.

Mankind will pull the plug on itself, sooner or a bit later.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »
God Botherers will either tell you that God is eternal.  Eternity being an abstract concept that doesn't make sense while others will tell you that nothing created God, he created himself, which ironically is similar to Stephen Hawkings explanation regarding the origins of the Universe.  Rather than use the word God, he substitutes 'Universe', suggesting that nothing created the Universe, due to the fixed laws of Nature, the Universe was inevitable and it created itself.

Either way the point is moot.  There simply isn't one shred of evidence for a GOD. If someone can so easily believe in such concepts without any proof, well, they could pretty much believe in anything.  People of faith must be the easiest people on the planet to brainwash, which would probably explain why so many people are indoctrinated with utter crap and propaganda so easily permeates religious cultures.

Why don’t you just be an atheist? If there is a god, and it is moral and loving and worthy of respect, then it won’t mind if people have rational doubts about it and rational reasons for not believing in it. This god won’t punish people for exercising their critical thinking skills and are skeptical of the claims of other, fallible humans. Thus, you wouldn’t lose anything.

And if there is a god who punishes people for rational doubt, why would you want to spend an eternity with it anyway? Such a capricious, egotistical, and nasty god wouldn’t be much fun. If you can’t trust it to be as moral as you are, you can’t trust it to keep its promises and make heaven nice or even let you stay for long. Not spending eternity with such a being doesn’t sound like much of a loss.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
Where did God himself come from, who made him, did he make himself?How? What are Gods origins? And none of this Gods always been there and always will be there shit, he had to start somewhere.
so did time space and matter, they had to start somewhere too, if you believe in God or you do not you are faced with the very same question.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »
so did time space and matter, they had to start somewhere too, if you believe in God or you do not you are faced with the very same question.
Yeah, but Hawkins has come up with a theory for that, based on humans current understanding of the fixed laws of nature.  His theory of the the origins of the Universe, at the very least have credible scientific principles supporting them, unlike the faith based guesses of God Botherers.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »
Yeah, but Hawkins has come up with a theory for that, based on humans current understanding of the fixed laws of nature.  His theory of the the origins of the Universe, at the very least have credible scientific principles supporting them, unlike the faith based guesses of God Botherers.
No they don't you retard. how the fuck can ANYONE HAVE A LOGIC EXPLANATION FOR THE BEGINNING OF TIME, how stupid are you, it is not possible, hawkings even says so. there is a point where the human brain can not comprehend the concept of a beginning

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »
http://www.maniacworld.com/universe-wants-to-kill-us.html
^
listen to ndgt

Tyson has argued that the concept of intelligent design, thwarts the advance of scientific knowledge.

He has written and broadcast extensively about his views of science, spirituality, and the spirituality of science, including the essays, "The Perimeter of Ignorance" and "Holy Wars", both appearing in Natural History magazine and the 2006 Beyond Belief workshop.

Tyson has collaborated with evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins and presented talks with him on religion and science. When asked if he believed in a higher power, Tyson responded:

EVERY account of a higher power that I've seen described, of ALL religions that I've seen, include many statements, with regard to the benevolence of that power. When I look at the universe, and ALL the ways the universe wants to kill us, I find it hard to reconcile that with statements of beneficence.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
http://www.maniacworld.com/universe-wants-to-kill-us.html

listen to ndgt
nothing he says conflict with my belief, nothing at all, I agree with what he says, all Christians do.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »
No they don't you retard. how the fuck can ANYONE HAVE A LOGIC EXPLANATION FOR THE BEGINNING OF TIME, how stupid are you, it is not possible, hawkings even says so. there is a point where the human brain can not comprehend the concept of a beginning
It's called science, perhaps you should check it out some time. No wonder you God Nutters are so rigid and stupid, you aren't even aware of the information available out there. This is what Hawkings has to say on the matter.

“Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going

When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

Stephen Hawking explained his theory in the documentary 'Grand Design' released last year, to try and explain his immense learning and the theory behind his proclamations.  I suggest you watch the documentary before you make absurd claims on Stephens behalf.

V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »
This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no after life either. We have this one life, to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

:(

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
It's called science, perhaps you should check it out some time. No wonder you God Nutters are so rigid and stupid, you aren't even aware of the information available out there. This is what Hawkings has to say on the matter.

Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going

When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

Stephen Hawking explained his theory in the documentary 'Grand Design' eleased last year, to try and explain his immense learning and the theory behind his proclamations.  I suggest you watch the documentary befoe you make absurd claims on Stephens behalf.

Anyone who call this science is ignorant,....

Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. [/b][/u]Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

OH REALLY  ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »
Anyone who call this science is ignorant,....

Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. [/b][/u]Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

OH REALLY  ::)
Yes Oh Really! Your ignorance is staggering. Of course that is a infinitely condensed version of what Hawkings has proposed.   Rather than spending your life chasing propaganda to support your confirmation biases, you should actually investigate the issue.

Hawking's theories are based on sound scientific principles (unlike yours)  His theory stems from his research on black holes, and how they affect time.  The closer one gets to a black hole, the slower time moves.  Essentially time comes to a stand still inside a black hole.  Within a blackhole, time doesn't exist (this is a fixed law of nature).  A state similar to the moment right before the big bang. Similarly, if you could go back in time the Universe would shrink until the all the mass became so infinitesimally small that it's properties resemble that of a black hole.  What science calls the singularity, is essentially an infinitesimally small and infinitely dense blackhole (a state of no time - again based on a fixed law of nature)

"You can't get to a time before the big bang, because there was no before the big bang.  Science has finally found something that doesn't have a cause, because there was no time for the cause to exist in."

As for what sparked the big bang (so to speak) Hawkings talks about this and attributes it to the unique manifestation of gravity. The theory is based on complex science and not the ramblings of simpletons who simply invoke wishful thinking fantasies.  Someone like you could never contest the theory because you lack even the most rudimentary understand of physics and nature.  Even incredibly intelligent people have understanding the cosmology, and relativistic physics supporting his ideas, let alone imbeciles who base their belief in GOD on zero evidence. I don't expect you to understand it, as you simply don't have the intellectual capacity too as your numerous illogical posts are a testament too.

No amount of eye rolling will change the fixed laws of nature.  You can believe all you like that when you jump from a building that you will fly and scoff at those who say otherwise, but gravity will prove you wrong everytime and rational people will continue to label you a NUTCASE.  

V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
Yes Oh Really! Your ignorance is staggering. Of course that is a infinitely condensed version of what Hawkings has proposed.   Rather than spending your life chasing propaganda to support your confirmation biases, you should actually investigate the issue.

Hawking's theories are based on sound scientific principles (unlike yours)  His theory stems from his research on black holes, and how they affect time.  The closer one gets to a black hole, the slower time moves.  Essentially time comes to a stand still inside a black hole.  Within a blackhole, time doesn't exist (this is a fixed law of nature).  A state similar to the moment right before the big bang. Similarly, if you could go back in time the Universe would shrink until the all the mass became so infinitesimally small that it's properties resemble that of a black hole.  What science calls the singularity, is essentially an infinitesimally small and infinitely dense blackhole.  

"You can't get to a time before the big bang, because there was no before the big bang.  Science has finally found something that doesn't have a cause, because there was no time for the cause to exist in."

As for what sparked the big bang (so to speak) Hawkings talks about this and attributes it to the unique manifestation of gravity. The theory is based on complex science and not the ramblings of simpletons who simply invoke wishful thinking fantasies.  Someone like you could never contest the theory because you lack even the most rudimentary understand of physics and nature.  Even incredibly intelligent people have understanding the cosmology, and relativistic physics supporting his ideas, let alone imbeciles who base their belief in GOD on zero evidence. I don't expect you to understand it, as you simply don't have the intellectual capacity too as your numerous illogical posts are a testament too.

No amount of eye rolling will change the fixed laws of nature.  You can believe all you like that when you jump from a building that you will fly and scoff at those who say otherwise, but gravity will prove you wrong everytime and rational people will continue to label you a NUTCASE.  
you call us dumb yet claim nothing can produce the Universe, wow. BTW what you post i have read a million time it does not make a difference wether you stick the word goD in there or the word TIME, the question applies equally, what created time, what created god, same fucken shit, no explanation for either dumbass and to say ''NOTHING CREATED THE UNIVERSE'' IS A FUCKEN SHIT EXPLANATION, I AM SORRY BUT IT IS.

Call me a nutcase but go around preaching that ''nothing'' created everything, real smart  ::)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
God Botherers will either tell you that God is eternal.  Eternity being an abstract concept that doesn't make sense while others will tell you that nothing created God, he created himself, which ironically is similar to Stephen Hawkings explanation regarding the origins of the Universe.  Rather than use the word God, he substitutes 'Universe', suggesting that nothing created the Universe, due to the fixed laws of Nature, the Universe was inevitable and it created itself.

Either way the point is moot.  There simply isn't one shred of evidence for a GOD. If someone can so easily believe in such concepts without any proof, well, they could pretty much believe in anything.  People of faith must be the easiest people on the planet to brainwash, which would probably explain why so many people are indoctrinated with utter crap and propaganda so easily permeates religious cultures.

Why don’t you just be an atheist? If there is a god, and it is moral and loving and worthy of respect, then it won’t mind if people have rational doubts about it and rational reasons for not believing in it. This god won’t punish people for exercising their critical thinking skills and are skeptical of the claims of other, fallible humans. Thus, you wouldn’t lose anything.

And if there is a god who punishes people for rational doubt, why would you want to spend an eternity with it anyway? Such a capricious, egotistical, and nasty god wouldn’t be much fun. If you can’t trust it to be as moral as you are, you can’t trust it to keep its promises and make heaven nice or even let you stay for long. Not spending eternity with such a being doesn’t sound like much of a loss.

Believe what you want.  Thankfully, it is still a free country.  Don't know why you need to be hating on people who believe in G-d.   Trying to convince yourself of something?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:33 PM »
he has managed to convince himself that NOTHING, I mean ABSOLUTE NOTHING  can create planets, solar systems, galaxies, hell even life itself and has also convinced himself that thinking this way is science.   :-\

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
you call us dumb yet claim nothing can produce the Universe, wow. BTW what you post i have read a million time it does not make a difference wether you stick the word goD in there or the word TIME, the question applies equally, what created time, what created god, same fucken shit, no explanation for either dumbass and to say ''NOTHING CREATED THE UNIVERSE'' IS A FUCKEN SHIT EXPLANATION, I AM SORRY BUT IT IS.

Call me a nutcase but go around preaching that ''nothing'' created everything, real smart  ::)
LOL God botherers have since time immemorial claimed nothing created god, he just is and they have had zero evidence for it.  I find it the height of irony that Godbotherers can claim with NOT a shred of evidence that god just is, no cause and yet when a scientist proclaims that the Universe just is, no cause and supports it with humanities entire collective of scientific knowledge and wisdom it attracts eye rolls from those who without a hint of embarrassment claim that god is because we say so.  

And it doesn't matter if you find something a shit explanation, that's the beauty of TRUTH and fixed laws of nature, peoples opinion on it are irrelevant.

GOD is ETERNAL IS A FUCKEN SHIT EXPLANATION, I AM SORRY BUT IT IS, same goes for religions explanation of just about everything.

Scientist:  The Universe Just is,  the Universe has no cause
God Botherer: THAT'S A FUCKEN SHIT EXPLANATION
Scientist: Who or what created GOD?
God Botherer: God just is, God has no cause
Scientist:  ::)

The only difference between the scientist and the god botherer in the above example, is that one has evidence based on scientific principles on the laws of nature.  The other is intellectually lazy and is simply guessing or proposing their ideal based on wishful thinking.
V