Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 33580 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »
God is an asshole , God laid Uberman off.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
I do not claim any of that. I claim that there is no rational explanation whether you believe in God or not to the origins of time.

you are the idiot that assumed I thought that way as you stated in your last post but sorry to burst your bubble, I do not think that way, ahh you wrote all that gibberish for nothing and went on a rant you Moron

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
God is an asshole , God laid Uberman off.
God took his job, lmao

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »
I do not claim any of that. I claim that there is no rational explanation whether you believe in God or not to the origins of time.

you are the idiot that assumed I thought that way as you stated in your last post but sorry to burst your bubble, I do not think that way, ahh you wrote all that gibberish for nothing and went on a rant you Moron

I knew exactly what you said, and my rebuttal was entirely appropriate.  Stephen Hawkings has clearly stated the origin of time coincided with the origin of the Universe. The origin of the Universe (time) was the result of the fixed laws of nature. Hawking's has given countless evidence of this based on nothing but rationality (scientific principles).  Sounds more than a rational explanation to me, but then again I am not bogged down with delusions and confusing and irrational belief systems.

You just like to believe that no rational explanation as to the origins of time have been put forward, either because you have never investigated the issue, or you simply lack the capacity too understand those that have.  Also, it simply doesn't fit with your confirmational biases.
V

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
if the universe is infinite, how can it be expanding

what is outside of the expanding borders which are actually not there because infinity?

tell me this, non believers

if you can't answer this you are a believer of "science" but not actually know much, just believe blindly

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
I knew exactly what you said, and my rebuttal was entirely appropriate.  Stephen Hawkings has clearly stated the origin of time coincided with the origin of the Universe. The origin of the Universe (time) was the result of the fixed laws of nature. Hawking's has given countless evidence of this based on nothing but rationality (scientific principles).  Sounds more than a rational explanation to me, but then again I am not bogged down with delusions and confusing and irrational belief systems.

You just like to believe that no rational explanation as to the origins of time have been put forward, either because you have never investigated the issue, or you simply lack the capacity too understand those that have.  Also, it simply doesn't fit with your confirmational biases.
listen stupid, it is this fucken simple, THERE IS NOTHING RATIONAL ABOUT BELIEVING THAT NOTHING CREATED THE UNIVERSE.

GEEZ YOUR REBUTTAL WAS SO FUCKEN STUPID BECAUSE I DID NOT MAKE AN ISSUE OF GOD, in fact my entire argument had nothing to do with God, it was that the origins of time have no rational explanation. that's it, you are arguing something different that nobody brought up here, imbecile.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2013, 02:10:34 PM »
if the universe is infinite, how can it be expanding

what is outside of the expanding borders which are actually not there because infinity?

tell me this, non believers

if you can't answer this you are a believer of "science" but not actually know much, just believe blindly
We don't know if the Universe is finite or infinite?
V

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »
We don't know if the Universe is finite or infinite?
without knowing it is only believing

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
"God"  ::)

Fuck every god created in the minds of imbecilic humans. 

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Yesterday at the gym this guy tells me his mother might have cancer, so he has to "really pray hard".

First, I feel sympathy for this fella having an ailing mom; second, as if praying is gonna make one bit of difference to the outcome.

What a joke concept.  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
listen stupid, it is this fucken simple, THERE IS NOTHING RATIONAL ABOUT BELIEVING THAT NOTHING CREATED THE UNIVERSE.

GEEZ YOUR REBUTTAL WAS SO FUCKEN STUPID BECAUSE I DID NOT MAKE AN ISSUE OF GOD, in fact my entire argument had nothing to do with God, it was that the origins of time have no rational explanation. that's it, you are arguing something different that nobody brought up here, imbecile.
Just because you believe THERE IS NOTHING RATIONAL ABOUT BELIEVING THAT NOTHING CREATED THE UNIVERSE, doesn't mean it isn't rational or true for that matter.  Just because you don't understand the reasoning (rationality) behind it (scientific principles) doesn't invalidate it. 

Besides, something needn't be rational to be true, the newest research on quantum physics is a testament to that.  Evidence is all we need to validate something.  And the reason I mention GOD, is because that is the only competing theory as to the origins of the Universe.  SO if you don't believe the Universe spontaneously came into existence, what do you believe?  I have shown you that someone has come up with a rational explanation to the origins of time.  You just refuse to acknowledge it. 

If someone is trying to teach you say basic addition, and they explain that if you have one apple and I give you another apple and that you now have two apples and this translates to the mathematical equation 1+1=2.  Even if you still fail to understand this concept, it doesn't make mathematics invalid or irrational.  What you are saying is like saying no-one has ever given a rational explanation of why 1+1=2 because you never understood the reasoning or logic behind it.  Someone has given a rational explanation of the origins of time, and other scientists understand it and find it very compelling.  Your inability to understand it, doesn't make it irrational anymore than someones inability to understand basic addition doesn't make mathematics irrational.

I hope this helps, you seem slightly retarded or autistic (no offense, just how your posts come across), I tried to explain it as simply as possible.  ;D
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 02:27:15 PM »
Where did God himself come from, who made him, did he make himself?How? What are Gods origins? And none of this Gods always been there and always will be there shit, he had to start somewhere.

God stands outside of the concept of time as he is infinite and uncaused.  Time is only relevant to that which is created....that which is finite...that which began to exist.  If God has a beginning then he has a cause greater than himself and that point of origin then must have a cause and that point of origin must have a cause....an infinite regression that is essentially illogical.

I know atheists detest the KCA and repeatedly cling to "it's been long since dedunked....it's been debunked!!" because they demand that all things fit inside their finite box.  Unfortunately the created can't box up the creator on their terms.  Well, they can if they alter who God is, but anything can fit a mold if it's force fit.

I'm sorry, but I can't fully explain the infinite qualities of God because I don't fully understand them.  I trust in God because of how he's demonstrated who he is in my life, how that demonstration has been repeated in the lives of others and how he's validated what is written in scripture.

On a sidenote, "God botherers" is a term that more aptly applies to aths and ags......folks that have no belief in God but still bother with him almost on a daily basis.  I always chuckle a bit when aths and ags ask me questions about my faith and then exhaustedly conclude "discussions" with, "is religion all you talk about?"  Who bothered to open "discussions" about God in the first place?  In fact I only discuss religion in PMs initiated by others and within threads "calling out" theists....not all of them, but some.  I only begin discussions on the religion board, but yet I'm the one "bothering about God" LOL.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »
without knowing it is only believing
Not knowing is the absence of belief.   It means you don't believe in either principle.  Not knowing leaves one open to either possibility.  Evidence eliminates not knowing.  If someone claims to know something without evidence, it is simply an opinion.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2013, 02:39:09 PM »
God stands outside of the concept of time as he is infinite and uncaused.  Time is only relevant to that which is created....that which is finite...that which began to exist.  If God has a beginning then he has a cause greater than himself and that point of origin then must have a cause and that point of origin must have a cause....an infinite regression that is essentially illogical.

I know atheists detest the KCA and repeatedly cling to "it's been long since dedunked....it's been debunked!!" because they demand that all things fit inside their finite box.  Unfortunately the created can't box up the creator on their terms.  Well, they can if they alter who God is, but anything can fit a mold if it's force fit.

I'm sorry, but I can't fully explain the infinite qualities of God because I don't fully understand them.  I trust in God because of how he's demonstrated who he is in my life, how that demonstration has been repeated in the lives of others and how he's validated what is written in scripture.

On a sidenote, "God botherers" is a term that more aptly applies to aths and ags......folks that have no belief in God but still bother with him almost on a daily basis.  I always chuckle a bit when aths and ags ask me questions about my faith and then exhaustedly conclude "discussions" with, "is religion all you talk about?"  Who bothered to open "discussions" about God in the first place?  In fact I only discuss religion in PMs initiated by others and within threads "calling out" theists....not all of them, but some.  I only begin discussions on the religion board, but yet I'm the one "bothering about God" LOL.
I always used the term God Botherer to refer to those who believe in prayer and this being some type of communion with the big man. If god actually did exist, I imagine he would be pissed of at hlw often his minions bothered him with stupid requests.

As for atheists or agnostics being god bothers, it makes no sense.  You cannot bother something that you believe doesn't exist.  Your comparison is akin to calling those who denounce ghosts and respond to those that do with ridicule and derision as ghost botherers. I believe the reason Agnostics and atheists speak out is because they believe religion to be toxic to civilized society.  For them it is no different than speaking out against any other ideology that is destructive to the planet or the human race. At the very least, if a large group of people are going to make claims based on zero evidence and use this to create unhealthy societies, at the very least they need to be held accountable.
V

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2013, 02:39:19 PM »

Hawking has abandoned his position that time began with the Big Bang, I believe.

It makes no sense, anyway.   The Big Bang happened.  According to current theory, anyway.  It was an event.  That means there was a time before it happened.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
Hawking has abandoned his position that time began with the Big Bang, I believe.

It makes no sense, anyway.   The Big Bang happened.  According to current theory, anyway.  It was an event.  That means there was a time before it happened.
No he hasn't, which simply invalidates your next statement.  It doesn't matter that something doesn't make sense to somebody, if there is evidence validating the theory, that is all that is needed.  If I say that I can't make sense of why 2+2=4, doesn't make the equation and it's answer invalid.  All it means is that I can't make sense of it.

The Beginning of Time - This lecture is the intellectual property of Professor S.W.Hawking.
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
 why let so many children get raped, murdered, killed, etc? what god allows that?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
why let so many children get raped, murdered, killed, etc? what god allows that?
because God can do whatever the fuck he wants

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »
God botherers suggest that's where the Devil comes in, which raises quite a few more questions.  Like where did the devil come from? (god botherers suggest a fallen angel  ::)), and if God is all powerful, why does he allow the devil to exist?

The nature of Evil has always presented an explanatory problem to the God Botherers.
V

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
the real question is not why do ppl die but why do all you ppl live?

sinners all of you

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
I always used the term God Botherer to refer to those who believe in prayer and this being some type of communion with the big man. If god actually did exist, I imagine he would be pissed of at hlw often his minions bothered him with stupid requests.

As for atheists or agnostics being god bothers, it makes no sense.  You cannot bother something that you believe doesn't exist.  Your comparison is akin to calling those who denounce ghosts and respond to those that do with ridicule and derision as ghost botherers. I believe the reason Agnostics and atheists speak out is because they believe religion to be toxic to civilized society.  For them it is no different than speaking out against any other ideology that is destructive to the planet or the human race. At the very least, if a large group of people are going to make claims based on zero evidence and use this to create unhealthy societies, at the very least they need to be held accountable.

both·er  (br)
v. both·ered, both·er·ing, both·ers
v.tr.
1. To disturb or anger, especially by minor irritations; annoy. See Synonyms at annoy.
a. To make agitated or nervous; fluster.
b. To make confused or perplexed; puzzle.
3. To intrude on without invitation or warrant; disturb.
4. To give trouble to: a back condition that bothers her constantly.
v.intr.
1. To take the trouble; concern oneself.
2. To cause trouble.
n.
A cause or state of disturbance.
interj.
Used to express annoyance or mild irritation.

As a believer, I'm sorry, but this is not what I do when I discuss my faith.  In fact, given the definition of the word "bother" it is diametrically opposed to how I present my faith and choose to represent Christ.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
both·er  (br)
v. both·ered, both·er·ing, both·ers
v.tr.
1. To disturb or anger, especially by minor irritations; annoy. See Synonyms at annoy.
a. To make agitated or nervous; fluster.
b. To make confused or perplexed; puzzle.
3. To intrude on without invitation or warrant; disturb.
4. To give trouble to: a back condition that bothers her constantly.
v.intr.
1. To take the trouble; concern oneself.
2. To cause trouble.
n.
A cause or state of disturbance.
interj.
Used to express annoyance or mild irritation.

As a believer, I'm sorry, but this is not what I do when I discuss my faith.  In fact, given the definition of the word "bother" it is diametrically opposed to how I present my faith and choose to represent Christ.

God Botherer meaning someone who bothers God, usually via prayer.  If you pray to God, you are a god botherer.  Leave the deity alone already, don't you think he already has enough on his plate.  ;D
V

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2013, 03:00:29 PM »
Where did God himself come from, who made him, did he make himself?How? What are Gods origins? And none of this Gods always been there and always will be there shit, he had to start somewhere.

Your questions are based on the assumption that God is a man. He is unlike you and me.

Why would he have to be created or have an origin? If He did, he would be just like any other human.

He is GOD. The Great I AM. Too powerful and too mysterious for our inferior human minds to comprehend while we are in this carnal body.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »
Its 2013 i cant believe people still believe in this God, religion,heaven mumbo jumbo and whats worse its not just a few nuts, its billions!! Prove it to me! Go on prove it!! you fucking cant!!! Its all brainwashing shit that you fell for!

The fact that someone like you has survived this long is a miracle. Therefore, God must exist since he has shown you mercy.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2013, 03:09:33 PM »
God Botherer meaning someone who bothers God, usually via prayer.  If you pray to God, you are a god botherer.  Leave the deity alone already, don't you think he already has enough on his plate.  ;D

LOL, ok, I'll give you that one!