Author Topic: Why protein isolates aren't as good as protein concentrate - thoughts??  (Read 1742 times)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Received this from a tree hugging hippie that I work with after he seen my tub of whey on the shelf in my office and wondered if it holds any weight with you guys? What are your thoughts since Isolate is the main ingredient in most Whey brands.

Why protein isolates aren't as good as protein concentrate -

Whey protein concentrate, NOT protein isolates
Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that...
•All isolates are exposed to acid processing.
•Your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form.
•Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
You must make sure you get whey protein concentrate instead of protein isolates, which are an inferior product.
When you remove fat, you actually remove components of its immunological properties, such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine, and cortisol. Additionally, all of the igG immunoglobulins, which are an excellent source of glutamine and cysteine, are also bound to the fat globule. Fat provides not only calories; most foods rich in healthful fat – including nuts and seeds like almonds and chia – are carriers of antioxidants, such as vitamin E and phytosterols.

Therefore, you're clearly left with an inferior whey protein if you take the fat out. So don't settle for anything less than whey protein concentrate.

Wez

• Getbig IV
Re: Why protein isolates aren't as good as protein concentrate - thoughts??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
How big are his arms?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
Fat helps absorption. Drinking a whole glass full of egg whites causes me bad stomach distress. Drinking the same amount of whole eggs doesn't bother me a bit. It was popular for guys in the 60's to blend whole raw eggs and heavy cream in their shakes, and it was believed back then, too, that he natural fats aided amino absorption.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »
I can't find evidence to argue the validity and was hoping someone could help out ...just don't want this fucking asshole to be right. :-\