Author Topic: 2015 Bodybuilding Dead Pool  (Read 8740 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
2015 Bodybuilding Dead Pool
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »
I give bodybuilding another 2 years before its starts dramatically declining. I haven't been at a show in a while but the last time it was, the venue was pretty pathetic.

Like Bob Chick used to say, It's only g... no, not that one. When he said you always see the same 3000 ppl show up year after at the big expos, same 500 at smaller shows.

Now sponsors are dropping. The new generation of 20 something has not interest in it. Even supplement companies steering away from it.

I would love to see a more classic look being promoted; much like you see vintage car shows, but I doubt it'll happen; it's the nature of the beast, always push the envelope until you croak.

What's your take?
®

Johnny Bravo

• Getbig II
Re: Bodybuilding (as we know it) Dead pool --> 2015.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
As far as the fitness world goes, bodybuilding is out. Cross fit and MMA are in, especially for the younger 

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
As far as the fitness world goes, bodybuilding is out. Cross fit and MMA are in, especially for the younger 

Yea it just makes sense. Still impressive to see a big guy... until it's time to run up two flights of stairs to knock someone the fuck out  ;D.

®

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »
The guys have zero charisma and the physiques have become a joke - huge guts, synthol muscles, rampant gyno, g-strings etc..

It is fucked....but Getbig still rules.
O

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
Alex23, I think that athletic/classic bodybuilding will grow with possible World Pro titles,
today Pro version could easily ends overnight, Nabba is supposedly creating Pro contests but ?.
If AMI's publications like Flex,Muscle & Fitness continue to decline   :(

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »
Alex23, I think that athletic/classic bodybuilding will grow with possible World Pro titles,
today Pro version could easily ends overnight, Nabba is supposedly creating Pro contests but ?.
If AMI's publications like Flex,Muscle & Fitness continue to decline   :(

I hope it happens but I don't see how...
®

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:44:41 PM »
I give bodybuilding another 2 years before its starts dramatically declining. I haven't been at a show in a while but the last time it was, the venue was pretty pathetic.

Like Bob Chick used to say, It's only g... no, not that one. When he said you always see the same 3000 ppl show up year after at the big expos, same 500 at smaller shows.

Now sponsors are dropping. The new generation of 20 something has not interest in it. Even supplement companies steering away from it.

I would love to see a more classic look being promoted; much like you see vintage car shows, but I doubt it'll happen; it's the nature of the beast, always push the envelope until you croak.

What's your take?

This is a future, aesthetically pleasant bodies (minus board shorts but that will change soon). This is growing and is more acceptable by general public. Freak shows are past, there is no money in there, you will see more and more people interested in physique competitions. And to be honest those competition should be separated from bodybuilding competitions (might happen soon). Anyway this is my take on it.

Jizzacked

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
This whole scene started declining a long time ago.  I remember being in high school reading muscle mags and seeing the black and white spreads of huge nasser and jp fux, shit was unreal and inspiring to me at the time.  I remember showing my dad some pics out of my mags and him laughing his ass off at frank sepe during his huge days rocking this gay ass earring flashing a smug cocky smile.  It took a while for my naivete to wear off and realize just how gay it all was.  I still cringe thinking about buying these magazines with oily muscle men on the cover.  Kids these days don't envy that shit.  Thanks to the internet, they know it is all drugs, it isn't some big secret anymore.  Still, I look back on that time with a degree of nostalgia.  

Johnny Bravo

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
The guys have zero charisma and the physiques have become a joke - huge guts, synthol muscles, rampant gyno, g-strings etc..

And lot of them seem perpetually tired

yakemsky

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
I have 2 entries in the Doug Stanhope Celebrity Death Pool for 2014

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »

True on all counts.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
Everything that can be done has been done. There is nothing new to see. The last push for something new was Ronnie and Jay around 2003 pushing 300lbs ripped. BB was somewhat popular in the 90's when there wasn't much of internet and people where positive, young and naive about it.

With the internet we got to see the darker side. Deaths, health issues, drug abuse, synthol...

Any sane person will steer clear from that, and should.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
Alex, it has regressed clown ass physique dudes in shorts, women wanting to be men, run it back to 1975 Arnold no one has come close every year these clowns try if he got back on stage given the same age lights out. Just children. Check Paul Graham in awe.

Johnny Bravo

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
Maybe the only reason it was popular in Arnold's day was because it was the first time audiences had seen bodies that well developed!

MikMaq

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »
It was never as popular as people think. And I think gym memberships are as popular as ever.

I think heath is ushering in a new era for the sport where leaner frames will starts to dominate.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Alex, it has regressed clown ass physique dudes in shorts, women wanting to be men, run it back to 1975 Arnold no one has come close every year these clowns try if he got back on stage given the same age lights out. Just children. Check Paul Graham in awe.

Awesome post. I have to find my"Pumping Iron" book second edition; the one they re-released after Arnold's 1980 escapade. In the last chapter of the book Butlers quote Arnold saying "Nowadays, the art is gone, just midget technicians, obsessing and saying 'look how shredded is my serratus anterior' and other things like that."

Quoting Butler, "As he sits in by the pool working on books and his mail order business, Arnold seemed disillusioned with bodybuilding, ready to move on to greater and better things. Movies most likely, but his mind and body is not into bodybuilding anymore".

The rest is history.  ;D
®

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »
This is a future, aesthetically pleasant bodies (minus board shorts but that will change soon). This is growing and is more acceptable by general public. Freak shows are past, there is no money in there, you will see more and more people interested in physique competitions. And to be honest those competition should be separated from bodybuilding competitions (might happen soon). Anyway this is my take on it.

BB has never been accepted by the 'general public', not in the past, not now and not in the future. I agree however, with your suggestion to separate MF & BB. When I visit a comp, I don't want to see faggs in bermudas.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »
BB has never been accepted by the 'general public', not in the past, not now and not in the future. I agree however, with your suggestion to separate MF & BB. When I visit a comp, I don't want to see faggs in bermudas.

Point is even the same "500 weirdos" are starting to not show up.... then what's left..
®

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »
Point is even the same "500 weirdos" are starting to not show up.... then what's left..

Hard to say, maybe organizations should organize less shows or merge with other ones in case they're small ones.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »
in brazil bbing is stronger than ever, many local shows getting sold out and the rio de janeiro edition of the ASC this year was simply the biggest event here bar none, something totally unseen previously.

and no, there wasnt any synthol related class, lol

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »

I see, you prefer man in thongs.  would it make any difference if physique competitors wear thongs?

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »
i really dont see bb, mens bikini or even strength sports holding any interest for most males under 30.most are obsessed with video games.any interest in mma or pro sports,tv wrestling is strickly vicarious  in nature with very little chance of wanting to be fit or strong like who they watch.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
I see, you prefer man in thongs.  would it make any difference if physique competitors wear thongs?

´refer´? lol
No, it wouldn't make much difference, it's also their girly catwalk posing, their fake toothpaste smiles and most important: most of them walk on toothpicks... creepy FAGGS

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 12:32:24 AM »
Santoja is attending WADA seminars, looks like he is pushing Classic more than other categories.