Author Topic: 2015 Bodybuilding Dead Pool  (Read 8754 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Bodybuilding (as we know it) Dead pool --> 2015.
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37:30 AM »
Awesome post. I have to find my"Pumping Iron" book second edition; the one they re-released after Arnold's 1980 escapade. In the last chapter of the book Butlers quote Arnold saying "Nowadays, the art is gone, just midget technicians, obsessing and saying 'look how shredded is my serratus anterior' and other things like that."

Quoting Butler, "As he sits in by the pool working on books and his mail order business, Arnold seemed disillusioned with bodybuilding, ready to move on to greater and better things. Movies most likely, but his mind and body is not into bodybuilding anymore".

The rest is history.  ;D
True it got old to him just a means to a end.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 01:09:02 AM »
I give bodybuilding another 2 years before its starts dramatically declining. I haven't been at a show in a while but the last time it was, the venue was pretty pathetic.

Like Bob Chick used to say, It's only g... no, not that one. When he said you always see the same 3000 ppl show up year after at the big expos, same 500 at smaller shows.

Now sponsors are dropping. The new generation of 20 something has not interest in it. Even supplement companies steering away from it.

I would love to see a more classic look being promoted; much like you see vintage car shows, but I doubt it'll happen; it's the nature of the beast, always push the envelope until you croak.

What's your take?
everything you wrote here is the exact opposite of what is going on at bodybuilding shows. The venues are jammed packed, in fact in a few shows the audience was full so we shut the doors and sent 100's of people who traveled from far away home because there was no more room.

I just staged a show where I had a 1 hour break from pre judging to finals, in fact I did not get out of the there till 1230 past mid night due to 300 competitors and we are talking a regional show only.

It is crazier then ever, balconies are getting packed, 50 000 dollars in ticket sales. have no clue where you have been but the records are being broken, all of them for audience and entries, this year was the biggest year for bodybuilding of all time.

Of course this not just due to bodybuilding, you have to thank mens physique and bikini but nevertheless the mens divisions in entries are breaking records as well.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »
everything you wrote here is the exact opposite of what is going on at bodybuilding shows. The venues are jammed packed, in fact in a few shows the audience was full so we shut the doors and sent 100's of people who traveled from far away home because there was no more room.

I just staged a show where I had a 1 hour break from pre judging to finals, in fact I did not get out of the there till 1230 past mid night due to 300 competitors and we are talking a regional show only.

It is crazier then ever, balconies are getting packed, 50 000 dollars in ticket sales. have no clue where you have been but the records are being broken, all of them for audience and entries, this year was the biggest year for bodybuilding of all time.

Of course this not just due to bodybuilding, you have to thank mens physique and bikini but nevertheless the mens divisions in entries are breaking records as well.

He's been on the Interwebz which is just like being there

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »
He's been on the Interwebz which is just like being there
:D true but I live at these shows since I work with promoters and the number being pulled in nowadays are through the roof.

Numbers do not lie, bodybuilding is at its biggest ever in every aspect. We just think its dead because the 90's were more excited to us with Nasser, Yates, Wheeler, Levrone and Dillet, to us that was golden days and now it seems boring but numbers show that it is bigger now

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 04:32:23 AM »
This whole scene started declining a long time ago.  I remember being in high school reading muscle mags and seeing the black and white spreads of huge nasser and jp fux, shit was unreal and inspiring to me at the time.  I remember showing my dad some pics out of my mags and him laughing his ass off at frank sepe during his huge days rocking this gay ass earring flashing a smug cocky smile.  It took a while for my naivete to wear off and realize just how gay it all was.  I still cringe thinking about buying these magazines with oily muscle men on the cover.  Kids these days don't envy that shit.  Thanks to the internet, they know it is all drugs, it isn't some big secret anymore.  Still, I look back on that time with a degree of nostalgia.  

Amen to that.
In the 90's, i was so naive.
My main concern was to eat every three hour to avoid catabolism, and not training too much to avoid overtraining. At the end i was just fat.
And i remember my parent looking at me like a weirdo because of these oily bber magazine.

asstropin

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

Well i'm glad to read this; I wish the "sport" the best but that's not what I hear here on the west coast. Lots of show canceled, lots of shows with "family and friends"...
®

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 01:57:34 AM »

My main concern was to eat every three hour to avoid catabolism, and not training too much to avoid overtraining. At the end i was just fat..

u must be doing something wrong then... I eat every 2 hours and train no longer than 45-60 minutes and I lost lots of fat..

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 03:21:21 AM »
u must be doing something wrong then... I eat every 2 hours and train no longer than 45-60 minutes and I lost lots of fat..
he is not natural

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2013, 03:28:13 AM »

Serious question: How are your teeth?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »
Well i'm glad to read this; I wish the "sport" the best but that's not what I hear here on the west coast. Lots of show canceled, lots of shows with "family and friends"...
ya that happens, some areas go dead for a while while others boom, the east coast is booming

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »
it s ok to be impressed by strong looking men when you re a little naive kid with no father figure. To be impressed by the same shit when you re in your 30s means you re a fag. All kids who had decent fathers have been told that this is an homosexual activity.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »
it s ok to be impressed by strong looking men when you re a little naive kid with no father figure. To be impressed by the same shit when you re in your 30s means you re a fag. All kids who had decent fathers have been told that this is an homosexual activity.

Go sit on a lamp bulb until it pops in and squeeze your anus as hard as you can.
®

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
Alex is back, guest posting enabled...?

WTF??

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »
Alex is back, guest posting enabled...?

WTF??

Zare Zhere Zings Mr Blaster?
®

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
This is a future, aesthetically pleasant bodies (minus board shorts but that will change soon). This is growing and is more acceptable by general public. Freak shows are past, there is no money in there, you will see more and more people interested in physique competitions. And to be honest those competition should be separated from bodybuilding competitions (might happen soon). Anyway this is my take on it.

this shit is gay as fuck and even worse than bodybuilding

in the end, it doesn't matter if the physiques are bloated or streamlined: stepping onto a stage to show off your body is inherently pathetic