Author Topic: 2015 Ford Mustang Leaked Before Dec 5th  (Read 8757 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 2015 Ford Mustang Leaked Before Dec 5th
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
I don't care for the new pics.  The front looks straight off of a Fusion and the rear is even worse. 
It doesn't look like a "muscle" car, more like they are trying to go for a European sports car look.
Either way I'm sure it will be damn fast for the price
I'm reading that they benchmarked the 911 and M3...so, they are not going for "muscle". J Mays had said that they intentially designed the car without scoops and intakes, and gave a more rounded, sleek look. This is a global car after all. An American in a Euro suit so to speak.

Orb

• Getbig II
  • BANNED
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »
Datsun B210 straight out of N Korea.

Collector edition

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
I'm reading that they benchmarked the 911 and M3...so, they are not going for "muscle". J Mays had said that they intentially designed the car without scoops and intakes, and gave a more rounded, sleek look. This is a global car after all. An American in a Euro suit so to speak.

It will be interesting to see how that strategy plays out. I'm just not sure the non-American market is ever going to be interested in these type cars enough for it to make good business sense, especially when doing so really risks alienating the American market. At least they finally put an independent rear suspension in it which the world market insist on it having.

I really like the current Mustang (and I'm not a Ford fan by any means), I think I'd get a '14 over this new one if I were in the market for a Mustang.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »
It will be interesting to see how that strategy plays out. I'm just not sure the non-American market is ever going to be interested in these type cars enough for it to make good business sense, especially when doing so really risks alienating the American market. At least they finally put an independent rear suspension in it which the world market insist on it having.

I really like the current Mustang (and I'm not a Ford fan by any means), I think I'd get a '14 over this new one if I were in the market for a Mustang.
Well, they have to sell in other markets, or they are Dead...
We'll see how the family does...

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »

it will Grow on you.....lol.....I'm a Big Fan of the current mustang, but I have to see this new one in the street before I pass final judgment......I read in a car magazine that Camaro is been Kicking mustangs balls deep in the sales numbers

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
Well, they have to sell in other markets, or they are Dead...
We'll see how the family does...

Damn, that picture says it all.
They need to rename it the Fustang.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2013, 06:50:03 AM »
That is one bad a@@ Ford Musion

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 05:13:40 AM »

it will Grow on you.....lol.....I'm a Big Fan of the current mustang, but I have to see this new one in the street before I pass final judgment......I read in a car magazine that Camaro is been Kicking mustangs balls deep in the sales numbers

Year-to-Date by a small margin, but Mustang outsold Slowmaro in November.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »
Looks like the Fusion.

Good observation. The line(robots) building the Mustang is the same line that is building the Fusion. The bodysides are "slightly" different on the Mustang so they have their own cells which "marry" into the same line as the Fusion, and even that is more about productivity rather than being radically different. Obviously, there are a few cosmetic differences beyond that, but the same robots that weld/assemble the Fusion also make the Mustang, the weld paths change a bit obviously though. Until the official debut of the Mustang, security watched us closely while we programmed them, even confiscated some guys phones who were suspected of taking pics. After they go through paint its a different story maybe, but the body itself was hard to distinguish from a Fusion.
E

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:59 PM »
looks like absolute shit,sorry
n

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 09:31:56 PM »
looks like absolute shit,sorry

It's still considered a niche product, despite the international re-introduction. The aluminum F-150 could make or break their year imo.
E

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:15 PM »
I was pretty unimpressed with the Mustang reveal.  I was expecting/hoping they would move away from the retro look or at least have enough differences to be considered an actual styling revamp.  The changes look more like a mid-generation refresh than an actual new generation.  So I figured okay, maybe they'll compensate the lack of styling improvement with performance, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I heard the 2015 GT will have the exact same 420 or so horsepower as the current?

Perhaps my Mustang expectations were too high - after seeing the how improved the new Corvette is I may have gotten spoiled into assuming that the new Mustang will have a similar degree of improvement over the old outgoing model.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »
Did they say if the "new" mustang will come in a GT500 variant?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:26 PM »
I was pretty unimpressed with the Mustang reveal.  I was expecting/hoping they would move away from the retro look or at least have enough differences to be considered an actual styling revamp.  The changes look more like a mid-generation refresh than an actual new generation.  So I figured okay, maybe they'll compensate the lack of styling improvement with performance, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I heard the 2015 GT will have the exact same 420 or so horsepower as the current?

Perhaps my Mustang expectations were too high - after seeing the how improved the new Corvette is I may have gotten spoiled into assuming that the new Mustang will have a similar degree of improvement over the old outgoing model.

They said 420 plus for the Coyote V8.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 12:15:55 AM »
Did they say if the "new" mustang will come in a GT500 variant?

Later on yes plus boss variants as well

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 09:04:06 AM »

Later on yes plus boss variants as well

Hopefully they also introduce some type of auto transmission in their hipo versions.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 09:36:41 AM »
this Bad Boy is gonna win the 24 hour Le mans

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »
Collector edition

1977 Datsun 810 was my first car.  I came up with $250 and my dad matched it so I could buy it.   :D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 03:39:16 PM »

x2 - once they get the mechanic issues sorted out, which is normal this early in their run.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 03:46:04 PM »

I got Audi or Porsche winning. I know you meant it's class. I think the Viper might disagree with you...and there is always Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2014, 05:40:11 AM »
I got Audi or Porsche winning. I know you meant it's class. I think the Viper might disagree with you...and there is always Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren.

I want this new Vette to do really good on the track......damn Audi and Porcha.. ;D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2014, 05:42:35 AM »

I want this new Vette to do really good on the track......damn Audi and Porcha.. ;D ;D
Me too, but it's going to have teething problems,as evident at Daytona.