Author Topic: Jacoby to Yankees  (Read 2862 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
Re: Jacoby to Yankees
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:16:58 PM »
Gonna be hard to sign him and keep Cano while chasing Beltran and david Price. It would be a huge cap penalty.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
 Status of Arod? Ban?

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:19:34 PM »
Status of Arod? Ban?

A Rod will be back by middle of next season. The evidence against him is slim.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »
They always sign these free agents to contracts that are far too long.  They used to have a well developed farm system and the aforementioned strategic change has been their undoing.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
Big deal  ::) . Middle of the pack organization for the foreseeable future.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
a bit shocked :o...i was expecting something but again after last yr they had no choice but to dip into pockets deep and get some players.mccann was a given but this.i dontlike the injury bug tho thats plagued these 2 and then tex season ,but now with all in minus granderson/cano stillnice lineup,jeter/gardner/ellsbury/soriano/mc cann /arod?ibanez is free agent again i would grab him..

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:04:33 PM »
I think Hal is getting ready to take the $189 soft cap and wipe his ass with it. Kuroda close to returning and yanks eyeing Tanaka along with Pineda in the pipeline.

Interesting that they gave Ellsbury $20m per but have not locked up their home grown silver slugger. Granted, his initial asking price was absurd, but if you're going to splurge $150m on Ellsbury..they need to pay Cano already.

Also interesting that they now have lost their first and second picks in next years draft signing these two. Farm's already putrid as is.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »
Jacoby will be missed.....

but not for 7 years at 20 plus millions each ....

Only the yankees 

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
Gonna be hard to sign him and keep Cano while chasing Beltran and david Price. It would be a huge cap penalty.

Cano is better than Ellsbury plus doesn't get hurt as much, but the Yankees rather take a chance and overpay for a lifelong Red Sox player than on one of their own. Watch Cano sign with Seattle tomorrow 25mil 8 yrs ..

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »
Massive overpay for Jacoby. But at 30 years old his body really doesn't have much mileage on it because of the games missed over the past 3 seasons. 2011 shows what he is capable of and he should get his numbers up hitting at Yankee Stadium...He could easily be a 20-25 HR guy year after year hitting there with 40 -50 stolen bases and 100 runs scored for the next 5 years. But maybe that's being too optimistic...He's a real quit guy and will fit in well with the Yankees system and he'll look good in pinstripes.no homo

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 03:58:06 AM »
Jacoby will be missed.....

but not for 7 years at 20 plus millions each ....

Only the yankees  

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Only the Yankees?  I forgot how it was the Yankees that gave ridiculous money to Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez and John Lackey.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »
Not really a fan of Ellsbury at that price, but I can't look at this move in isolation to judge it.

If the Yankees re-sign Cano and grab Tanaka, then they've had an insane off season.

If Ellsbury costs them Cano or Tanaka, then it's a horrible move.

I think 2nd's comments are pretty spot on.

As usual RAB gives the best insight:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/12/heyman-yankees-close-to-deal-with-jacoby-ellsbury-97240/
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 05:01:22 AM »
Kid needs to find a new number...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 05:52:54 AM »
Kid needs to find a new number...

46 probably.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 06:31:59 AM »
I JUST HATE 5 YRS ABOVE CONTRACTS,,,THAT ASSHOLE BORAS MADE THEM ENVOGUE,,I KNOW BACK IN DAY WINFIELD HAD 10 YR DEAL BUT WAS FOR PEANUTS LITERALLY THEN.THIS GUY IS A MAJOR TALENT'ELLSBURY'I LIKE HIM BUT I LIKE CANO TOO AND KURODA..ON PAPER THIS COULD HAVE THE MAKINGS FOR A GOOD RUN BUT...THE EAST IS STOCKED ALL AROUND NOW EVEN THE 'JAYS'

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »
Not really a fan of Ellsbury at that price, but I can't look at this move in isolation to judge it.

If the Yankees re-sign Cano and grab Tanaka, then they've had an insane off season.

If Ellsbury costs them Cano or Tanaka, then it's a horrible move.

I think 2nd's comments are pretty spot on.

As usual RAB gives the best insight:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/12/heyman-yankees-close-to-deal-with-jacoby-ellsbury-97240/

Do you think there's any truth to a theory that the owners are not letting Jay Z into their "boys club" so to speak? It must be a tough pill to shallow for a lot of these old timers having to deal with a guy like Jay Z and his team...It's a little odd that the Ellsbury signing happened so quick. Cano dumping Scott Boras may come back to bite him in the ass...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »
Do you think there's any truth to a theory that the owners are not letting Jay Z into their "boys club" so to speak? It must be a tough pill to shallow for a lot of these old timers having to deal with a guy like Jay Z and his team...It's a little odd that the Ellsbury signing happened so quick. Cano dumping Scott Boras may come back to bite him in the ass...

I don't think Jay Z has anything to do with the Yankees stance, truthfully.  I just think the Yankees aren't going to pay what they're asking for, regardless of agent.  He's being offered an AAV of 25M, that's elite level pay, which is fine because he's elite level talent.

The problem with Jay Z is that he's using Cano to  make a name, and can't appear to cave in.  That's  the thing that could land Cano in Washington, which is a good fit for him, or Seattle, which is a shitfest of a team.
Y