Author Topic: Bashir resigns  (Read 2014 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bashir resigns
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/martin-bashir-resigns-from-msnbc/

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Bashir resigns
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »
Good

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
Good decision.  Surprised MSNBC did the right thing. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:10:13 PM »
That entire station is unwatchable

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
It took this long.... ::)
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
I'm glad he is gone.  I don't much care for Palin but Bashir's comments were unacceptable.  It doesnt surprise me how many on the left are attempting to justify his comments.  
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »
He will be replaced with either jesse jackson or bill ayers :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
I'm glad he is gone.  I don't much care for Palin but Bashir's comments were unacceptable.  It doesnt surprise me how many on the left are attempting to justify his comments.   

How many?   Five liberals support it?   Five thousand?   Five million?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »

I think it would be harder to find a liberal who doesn't support Bashir.   I think his behavior is unprofessional and I would feel the same if he were on fox, which I don't even watch.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »

Your crew - enjoy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/martin-bashir-resigns-msnbc_n_4385884.html

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Poor Marty.
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 02:28:50 PM »
Thought this was about Al-Assad.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
Your crew - enjoy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/martin-bashir-resigns-msnbc_n_4385884.html

240 acting like libtards don't support what Bashir said about Palin. They certainly do have a war on consevartive women.

Just look at some of these comments.

dannyeshe
 How pathetic that he had to leave. I didn't have a problem with what he said and still don't. Palin is a sad little person who deserves nothing. It was words. Maybe if he had really done it then we could say he went over the line.   

tsi123   
  29 Fans
 Only mistake Bashir made was apologizing to this c*#t.

Celeste399
  282 Fans
 This is too bad. I always thought he was a classy fellow so I don't know why he said what he said. But today it seems that many on TV are very partisan and it's not doing them any good.

johndpieper
Martin, you're a good man, and I did not find your comment too off color because I know the history you were trying to convey.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 08:12:18 PM »
Anyone know of a YouTube clip with the infamous remark in context?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »
Thought this was about Al-Assad.

Israel ain't so lucky these days. lol
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »
240 acting like libtards don't support what Bashir said about Palin. They certainly do have a war on consevartive women.

Do we know who wrote these comments?  How do we know it wasn't written by idiots on the "right" trying to garner pity?  This way, they can blame "the left"?

I'm hearing all those on "the left" approve this disgusting comment by the idiot Bashir.  Who?  Which prominent liberals?  Choose any position on any issue and surely you can find some actual people who support/disapprove it.  Why can't anyone list the name of 5 or 10 prominent liberals that support Bashir/agree with him on this?

If we're limiting it to a few crass comments from anonymous commenters on a website, it's a little tough to blame either party.  I can find 10 people from the "right" that hate obama.  Why can't anyone find ten people from the "left" that support bashir here?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
I'm sure all our right wing friends who agree that Bashir should resign for exercising his free speech must certainly feel the same way as this guy

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 03:28:59 PM »
I'm sure all our right wing friends who agree that Bashir should resign for exercising his free speech must certainly feel the same way as this guy

Why?  Quote Bashir, then quote "this guy", then we'll discuss.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Why?  Quote Bashir, then quote "this guy", then we'll discuss.

they both made statements that certain people found to be offensive

you probably have no problem with that the duck dude said an I have no problem with what Bashir said

I think they should both be allowed to say whatever they want and people can either agree with them or not

The problem is that their respective employers had a problem with that they said

My point is that if anyone found Bashir comments offensive and felt he should resign (which he obviously did rather than being fired) then they should have no issue when the same thing happens to someone else who happens to make offensive statements even if they personally don't find them to be offensive

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »

you probably have no problem with that the duck dude said an I have no problem with what Bashir said

I think they should both be allowed to say whatever they want and people can either agree with them or not

The problem is that their respective employers had a problem with that they said

My point is that if anyone found Bashir comments offensive and felt he should resign (which he obviously did rather than being fired) then they should have no issue when the same thing happens to someone else who happens to make offensive statements even if they personally don't find them to be offensive

Quote Bashir, then quote "this guy", then we'll discuss.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
One mistake and everybody is crying? ::)

If he did this all the time I could understand people's bitterness but once?

He apologized and moved on. Too bad nobody else can seem to do the same.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »
Quote Bashir, then quote "this guy", then we'll discuss.

no need

their quotes don't matter ....as  I've pointed out already

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »
interesting point you make, straw man...

People measure just how much of the 1st amendment should be applied based upon how offensive they find the statement to be.  Just hearing a getbigger say "let's compare the statements" shows this.

In reality, as ugly as it is, ANY statement should be protected - or condemned.  The Founding Fathers didn't write the 1st amendment to protect kinda offensive things, but not totally offensive things. 

Duck dude has just as much right as Bashir to say what they want.  Yes, they have to deal with consequences from their employers, and that's totally realistic.  No sane person will argue a company doesn't have this right.  And yes, there are people that say some MUCH worse things, and yes, it's protected too.  Let's face it, bashir is disgusting, and some people found Duck dude to be offensive or whatever... but it's all under the same umbrella of 1st amendment.

There is no "let's compare and see which is worse".   They're both protected, regardless of offensiveness of content.  People make some HIGHLY offensive sacreligious or racial things that are WAY worse than either of these, and it's protected too, no matter how vile.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »

Well let's see if there is a difference between Robertson and Bashir's respective situations shall we?  
Robertson expresses his personal beliefs about life, sexuality, religion, etc. and GETS FIRED IN ONE DAY BY THE CHANNEL HIS SHOW AIRS ON.

Bashir says someone should shit in Palin's mouth on air.  He stays at his job on air for weeks longer.  Goes on vacation and HE RESIGNS.  No mention of employer firing him. 

Wow they really threw the book at him huh?   ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
he's not fired.
suspended.

w