Author Topic: Mike Tyson did nt lift weights?  (Read 13994 times)

chess315

Re: Mike Tyson did nt lift weights?
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »
 Tyson genetic gifts aside would not have done that well at mma he is so athletic would win local fights easy but would have trouble with ncaa level type wrestlers just cannot seeing him having the patience and iq to deal with something like mma. Boxing carries over in fights but not a lot more then the ability to run a football or other athletic feats. Hell professional wrestlers have done better historically then boxers in mma. MMA requires a some what patient mind. So he can bench 315-400 every high level 200lb athlete can.

I could honestly see someone like john cena or Mariusz Pudzianowski beating him. I almost think if no wrestling/grappling background football is damn near a better first skill then boxing. Plus he would be 205 that takes away glory of the big heavy weight fight

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 04:58:48 AM »
You can have a muscular physique from doing other exercises than lifting weights.
this

try a session of boxing a sack at high pace intervalls and see how your arms and shoulders feels after.

also he self admittedly did steroids.

chess315

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 05:11:23 AM »
this

try a session of boxing a sack at high pace intervalls and see how your arms and shoulders feels after.

also he self admittedly did steroids.
elite trainers from young age had every advantage a athlete can have.

MikMaq

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 05:30:55 AM »
High test during puberty.

One on right has higher test

This is total bunk the guy on the left is easily a half foot taller than the guy on the right. Tall people have long heads, it's a fact.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
You can have a muscular physique from doing other exercises than lifting weights.

Exactly. I haven't lifted weights seriously for over a year now since deciding to train MMA solely everynight. Ive lost a few lbs of course but I still look like I lift, purely from the grappling and other bodyweight exercises. Add that together with Mike Tyson havin way better genetics than me, and it isn't that hard to believe his build is mainly from boxing training.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »
Tyson genetic gifts aside would not have done that well at mma he is so athletic would win local fights easy but would have trouble with ncaa level type wrestlers just cannot seeing him having the patience and iq to deal with something like mma. Boxing carries over in fights but not a lot more then the ability to run a football or other athletic feats. Hell professional wrestlers have done better historically then boxers in mma. MMA requires a some what patient mind. So he can bench 315-400 every high level 200lb athlete can.

I could honestly see someone like john cena or Mariusz Pudzianowski beating him. I almost think if no wrestling/grappling background football is damn near a better first skill then boxing. Plus he would be 205 that takes away glory of the big heavy weight fight

Pro wrestling is fake.  ;D

I somehow doubt John Cena or very many other people on earth would last very long in a real confrontation with Mike Tyson. I'd bet money that just about any NCAA wrestler or MMA "cagefighter" would shit their pants and probably run away from a young Mike Tyson. I remember a world champion kickboxer in the 90's laughingly tell a reporter who asked him that Tyson would definitely destroy him in a fight, no contest.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
Years ago he said he and Holyfield had an unspoken contest of who had the better physique. They both brought in bodybuilders and lifters to train them. If he or anyone is saying he didn't lift back then, they are just trying to re-write history.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
Mike was a true genetic freak at 12 or 13 years old.  Teddy Atlas or one of the guys in Catskill said that Mike had never lifted weights before they got him.  They had him bench and he was putting up grown ass man weight but he was essentially a kid.  Obviously later on in his career he lifted but I really don't credit that for his physique.  The dude was pretty much built that way and then when you add in the boxing workouts that's what you end up with.  Plus he's short so he looked bigger in photo than he really was.

This makes sense, but 5'10 isn't short.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
This makes sense, but 5'10 isn't short.

it's very short for a HW boxer

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 03:21:01 PM »
Pro wrestling is fake.  ;D

I somehow doubt John Cena or very many other people on earth would last very long in a real confrontation with Mike Tyson. I'd bet money that just about any NCAA wrestler or MMA "cagefighter" would shit their pants and probably run away from a young Mike Tyson. I remember a world champion kickboxer in the 90's laughingly tell a reporter who asked him that Tyson would definitely destroy him in a fight, no contest.

I would never undersell John Cena in any type of athletic competition but even he would get killed by Tyson in his prime

it's very short for a HW boxer

I thought of that but he was talking about height in terms of a photo posted

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »
At the very least he lifted while he was in prison. He said as much. He was interviewed by John Madden when he was released when Madden asked what he did to pass the time Tyson said he read (Arthur Ashe and Chairman Mao) and lifted weights.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »
This is total bunk the guy on the left is easily a half foot taller than the guy on the right. Tall people have long heads, it's a fact.

vaginal births = tall heads, I thought?