Author Topic: Shawn Ray and Chick "Deaths in BBing due to bad genetics and social media"  (Read 3372 times)

ether

• Getbig IV
Shawn Ray and Chick speculating on the cause of the dearth of dead BBers.
One common theme is bad genetics and the overreliance on drugs to get you there (i.e. drugs are the finishing touch for the best)
and social media (i.e. GB reporting on all of these dead people so they seem like more than there actually is).

::)

In denial much ?

Orb

• Getbig II
  • BANNED
LOL. Call a spade a spade. Or get them on here so the boards can flame away.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
Correlation vs. Causation

" Smoking causes lung cancer. That's hardly a controversial statement anymore. But how do you know that people that get addicted to smoking don't have a genetic difference that predisposes them for lung cancer? You'd have to do an experiment to control for that or come up with a clear medical explanation of the carcinogenic effects of smoking. Of course that can be done, and no one is going to take the genetic argument seriously.

But it does raise a serious question about how to use correlation measurements to draw inferences about things effecting each other. In the example of smoking and cancer, you can define a variable $S$ which equals the number of cigarettes an individual smokes a day, and a variable $L$ which is whether they contracted lung cancer or not. If you measure the correlation coefficient defined in the last section, eqn. 1.63 between these two quantities, $R(S,L)$, I'm sure you'll find it's quite positive. But then you've shown that these two quantities are correlated not that one causes the other. "

http://www.statistics-help-online.com/node50.html
I

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
interesting take on things

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
SHAWN RAY yes was short came up in prime era ,,but at 20/21 yrs old had build and polish of a pro at 87 nationals and won overall over massive phill hill,,,legend..chic too to his credit had great build in his jrnationals/nationals/usa tries in his 20's as well ..today forget it ,handful of good builds in today's lineups..

tom joad

• Getbig V
didn't Chick himself make a comment on Getbig along the lines of he's lucky he uses steroids because it helped him with his detection of, or battle with, prostate cancer?  :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
didn't Chick himself make a comment on Getbig along the lines of he's lucky he uses steroids because it helped him with his detection of, or battle with, prostate cancer?  :-\
really??

tom joad

• Getbig V
really??

search under topic "Regarding myself and cancer" ... about halfway thru the thread, "Chick" and "slate" start debating each other about this.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
I dont give a shit about his arrogant self.

Orb

• Getbig II
  • BANNED
search under topic "Regarding myself and cancer" ... about halfway thru the thread, "Chick" and "slate" start debating each other about this.

He needs out of his contract so he can post here again

galeniko

• Getbig V
Shawn Ray and Chick speculating on the cause of the dearth of dead BBers.
One common theme is bad genetics and the overreliance on drugs to get you there (i.e. drugs are the finishing touch for the best)
and social media (i.e. GB reporting on all of these dead people so they seem like more than there actually is).

::)

In denial much ?
no, the over realiance on drugs to get there is a very very good point.

this IS bad genetics.

remember, bodyb uilders side effects fromt he drugs dont hurt(barring gyno), they finish you sudenly.

"i get away with huge dosages and feel fine"

yeah sure.

ofc the social media thing is bs.

but yeah its not anymore "it was the diuretics".

drug abuse,the insulin issuse, the gh, those wreck havoc,its enough to read a few scintif books on the matter to understand.

n

Orb

• Getbig II
  • BANNED
Love to hear how in the world social media plays a role in this case

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Hopefully these two Santa Clauses are joking.....Seriously

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
no, the over realiance on drugs to get there is a very very good point.

this IS bad genetics.

remember, bodyb uilders side effects fromt he drugs dont hurt(barring gyno), they finish you sudenly.

"i get away with huge dosages and feel fine"

yeah sure.

ofc the social media thing is bs.

but yeah its not anymore "it was the diuretics".

drug abuse,the insulin issuse, the gh, those wreck havoc,its enough to read a few scintif books on the matter to understand.

UR RIGHT ,,,instead of building a solid build and muscle 'real muscle'like 70/90's ,,they found a way to make it 'all drugs'no matter what and dosages and compounds'to improve weak bodyparts,,,lee haney had semi weakfish arms ,but he compensated with a massive torso and shape and dramatic v taper,not some spongy site injected hard but lack of good separation build.

thebrink

• Getbig V
UR RIGHT ,,,instead of building a solid build and muscle 'real muscle'like 70/90's ,,they found a way to make it 'all drugs'no matter what and dosages and compounds'to improve weak bodyparts,,,lee haney had semi weakfish arms ,but he compensated with a massive torso and shape and dramatic v taper,not some spongy site injected hard but lack of good separation build.

qft

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Ray looks like a dude who's battling diabetes...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Bodybuilders are always going to justify their massive dosages and say they are taking "moderate" and that nothing is going to happen to them

ether

• Getbig IV
90's era BBers are living on borrowed time
Current era pros won't make it past 50

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Denial of peace  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Morons

Agent69

• Getbig III
synthol...infections.... .over eating 100s of grams of protein everyday for years and years and abusing all the different bbing drugs for years...

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Only dead if you want them to be.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Only dead if you want them to be.
likes ^^^^

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

If Chick said this, then I agree with him. Had I not been on TRT, my prostate cancer might not have been detected in the early stages as it was. Prostate cancer doesn't hurt. Unless you are getting regular PSA tests, you might never know you had it before it metastasized and left you with a more likely death sentence.