Author Topic: EXPIRATION DATES  (Read 2030 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
EXPIRATION DATES
« on: January 05, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
I was told the only reason exp. dates are on gear is because the government requires it. I was told that gear is good for a while after the exp. date. Is this true? What is the timeline? Can expired stuff hurt you or is just less potent???

whitewidow

Re: EXPIRATION DATES
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »
I was told the only reason exp. dates are on gear is because the government requires it. I was told that gear is good for a while after the exp. date. Is this true? What is the timeline? Can expired stuff hurt you or is just less potent???

depends also how the gear is stored- if it stored in cool dry conditions- i believe sterile oils last up to 5-10 years. It wont hurt you- if anything it would be a slight bit less potent.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 02:41:05 PM »
Yes, that is correct.  The potency may be effected, but there should not be degradation to harmful compounds.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 02:59:51 PM »
Yes, that is correct.  The potency may be effected, but there should not be degradation to harmful compounds.
Your probably right, they more than likely wouldn't hurt you. But there is something disturbing to me about using anything that has an expired date. I would just assume throw it out,  take the loss, and get some new stuff.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

i got a whole raft of test enanthate amps that dont expire till feb 2008! 8)

i wonder when i shall use em ??

decisions decisions....

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »

The potency starts to tail off in increments after the expiration date.  There is no set % of dropoff, but it would be in your best interest to use up that gear within 6 months to a year after the date if you want a semblance of what the actual dosage is. 

After a year, it would be hard to predict just how much you are getting out of it.

i got a whole raft of test enanthate amps that dont expire till feb 2008! 8)

i wonder when i shall use em ??

decisions decisions....

Word.

Those Sustanon amps I bought in bulk expire in 2009.......

That's NICE.   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...