Author Topic: Rick Santorum: Nelson Mandela Fought 'Great Injustice,' Just Like Republicans Ar  (Read 1057 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Look, I think Santorum is top 3 for the 2016 nomination.  He WILL outlast the dorks like Christie and Rubio, wet behind the ears.  BUT he needs to not take the low road (like Obama did) and try to cash in on Mandela. 

Rick Santorum: Nelson Mandela Fought 'Great Injustice,' Just Like Republicans Are Battling Obamacare

During an appearance on Fox News Thursday night, former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) discussed the death of Nelson Mandela, saying the former South African president fought "great injustice" just like Republicans who are battling Obamacare.

"Nelson Mandela stood up against a great injustice and was willing to pay a huge price for that. That's the reason he's mourned today, because of that struggle that he performed," Santorum said. "But you're right, I mean, what he was advocating for was not necessarily the right answer, but he was fighting against some great injustice, and I would make the argument that we have a great injustice going on right now in this country with an ever-increasing size of government that is taking over and controlling people's lives, and Obamacare is front and center in that."

The statement, pointed out by Slate's Dave Weigel in a tweet Friday morning, came after Fox News host Bill O'Reilly claimed Mandela "was a great man, but he was a communist."

"I would never attack Nelson Mandela," O'Reilly said next.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Frothy still trying to make waves with his insignificant ass.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Fucking please, this myth of Mandela is fucking ridiculous. He was a communist and a terrorist, hell even amnesty international wouldn't defend him because of all the shit he did. Fucking unbelievable people choose to turn in to martyrs..........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Fucking please, this myth of Mandela is fucking ridiculous. He was a communist and a terrorist, hell even amnesty international wouldn't defend him because of all the shit he did. Fucking unbelievable people choose to turn in to martyrs..........

I'm glad he was a terrorist....he was fighting against Apartheid and the grip that whitey had on the Motherland was so tight that he did what he had to do....and he won.

Guess who else led a group of marauders to blew up buildings and killed people???...George Washington.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Look, I think Santorum is top 3 for the 2016 nomination.  He WILL outlast the dorks like Christie and Rubio, wet behind the ears.  BUT he needs to not take the low road (like Obama did) and try to cash in on Mandela. 

Rick Santorum: Nelson Mandela Fought 'Great Injustice,' Just Like Republicans Are Battling Obamacare

During an appearance on Fox News Thursday night, former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) discussed the death of Nelson Mandela, saying the former South African president fought "great injustice" just like Republicans who are battling Obamacare.

"Nelson Mandela stood up against a great injustice and was willing to pay a huge price for that. That's the reason he's mourned today, because of that struggle that he performed," Santorum said. "But you're right, I mean, what he was advocating for was not necessarily the right answer, but he was fighting against some great injustice, and I would make the argument that we have a great injustice going on right now in this country with an ever-increasing size of government that is taking over and controlling people's lives, and Obamacare is front and center in that."

The statement, pointed out by Slate's Dave Weigel in a tweet Friday morning, came after Fox News host Bill O'Reilly claimed Mandela "was a great man, but he was a communist."

"I would never attack Nelson Mandela," O'Reilly said next.

what are you smoking tonight

Purge_WTF

Santorum doesn't have a snowflake's chance.

I'm a flaming Protestant, and his anti-contraceptive stances irk me. That, and the fact that he has all the charisma of a moon rock.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

I'm glad he was a terrorist....he was fighting against Apartheid and the grip that whitey had on the Motherland was so tight that he did what he had to do....and he won.

Guess who else led a group of marauders to blew up buildings and killed people???...George Washington.

Oh look goodrum doesn't know what he's talking about................... .........again
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Rick Santorum?  He's an imbecile.  Realistically, it matters not who inevitably gets into office, considering the whole system has been hijacked and is corrupt.  It's like changing Captains on the Titanic after the ship is already taking on water. 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V

So the means always justify the end, do they? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Nelson Mandela and his wife were murderous terrorists and all around pieces of shit.

South Africa's doing well these days...LOL.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Youre speaking to a flaming libtard..."the ends justify the means" is their mantra

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
What I find extremely disturbing is the fact that my "spidey sense" is tingling.

Call it women's intuition or whatever you want, ...it's the same feeling in the pit of my gut that I got on election night 2008 when the President stepped up to the podium. He had a look of dis - ease about him that told me in his heart he was very troubled. He did not have the look of a man happy & excited about being elected and about delivering his campaign promises to the people. It struck me as a look of dread, ...as if, he was acknowledging the axe had fallen,

Now when I view his statements on the death of Mandela, I get the same feeling.

I wonder what he was thinking? Was he thinking about the ramifications for freedom all over the planet wherever apartheid is state policy? Was he thinking about the fact that Mandela's life and everything he stood for will be put under the microscope, ...and many of the things he stood for that have been successfully censored by American media could come flooding out... What was he thinking?

While I'll grant him that this was not an occasion for happiness & celebration, his troubled expression did not come across to me as one of sombre mourning, ...it struck me as pained & conflicted for entirely other reasons.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
do you talk just to hear yourself fucking talk?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
People on this board who are criticizing Mandela would likely have done many of the same things (or worse) if they were faced with an oppressive occupying force in this country
He started out committed to non-violence (ala Ghandi) but then switched to violence when he decided it wasn't working
There is an abundance of blood on both sides   

How many of the same people condemning Mandela a terrorist (which he was) are also the same violence loving gun nuts who fantasize about violence and civil war in this country

tonymctones

• Getbig V
People on this board who are criticizing Mandela would likely have done many of the same things (or worse) if they were faced with an oppressive occupying force in this country
He started out committed to non-violence (ala Ghandi) but then switched to violence when he decided it wasn't working

How many of the same people condemning Mandela a terrorist (which he was) are also the same violence loving gun nuts who fantasize about violence and civil war in this country

you praise this guy for fighting against an oppressive govt and then rant and rave about how we dont need guns?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Yep, ...and how many would have even attempted let alone exhausted the non-violent approach first?

It's also part of the reason Martin Luther King was able to achieve the results he did, ...because everyone knew that waiting in the wings was a more militant Nation of Islam.

Authorities preferred an army of peaceful, non-violent church goers, to an army of angry empowered militant muslims filled with hatred for whitey, and ready to use any means necessary.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
you praise this guy for fighting against an oppressive govt and then rant and rave about how we dont need guns?

I've never said "you don't need guns"

remember our agreement?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I've never said "you don't need guns"

remember our agreement?

are you not ok with banning all guns?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
are you not ok with banning all guns?

for fucks sake I've never said any such thing

how many times are you going to do this same bullshit

tonymctones

• Getbig V
for fucks sake I've never said any such thing

how many times are you going to do this same bullshit
LMFAO ok so youre ok with limiting our guns to muskets then?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I wish Glock made a musket.  That'd be badass

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LMFAO ok so youre ok with limiting our guns to muskets then?

you've gone back on your word more than once

I'm not wasting any more time

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Quote from: LurkerNoMore
Good luck with that. He overcompensates by trying to string buzz words together in an attempt to sound witty and knowledgeable which in reality leaves any argument or stance of his with a bigger gap in it than there was before.

Particularly amusing is his habit of trying to reverse your statement back in the form of a rhetorical question in the hopes that you will make his argument for him.  Since he isn't exactly sure of what he is trying to say or how to convey it. 

that is a great quote,fits tonymctones   a tee   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
you've gone back on your word more than once

I'm not wasting any more time

hahahah do you agree you have stated you were ok with limiting guns to muskets?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

If it wasn't for terrorism, we'd still be under British rule
A