Author Topic: Ronald Reagan discussing homosexuals  (Read 1864 times)

BignJacked

Ronald Reagan discussing homosexuals
« on: December 07, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
No civil rights legislation for LGBT individuals passed during Reagan's tenure. On the 1980 campaign trail, he spoke of the gay civil rights movement:My criticism is that [the gay movement] isn’t just asking for civil rights; it’s asking for recognition and acceptance of an alternative lifestyle which I do not believe society can condone, nor can I.[86]

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Ronald Reagan discussing homosexuals
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:45:05 AM »
No civil rights legislation for LGBT individuals passed during Reagan's tenure. On the 1980 campaign trail, he spoke of the gay civil rights movement:My criticism is that [the gay movement] isn’t just asking for civil rights; it’s asking for recognition and acceptance of an alternative lifestyle which I do not believe society can condone, nor can I.[86]

He was/is right.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »
Oh what pandering on the part of politicians!  Ronald and Nancy Reagan had lots of homosexual friends/acquaintances in CA.  He did not really feel this way.  The political primary system that we have causes this kind of pandering.  I will bet any money he made this statement during primaries, not during general election campaign. 

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
Oh what pandering on the part of politicians!  Ronald and Nancy Reagan had lots of homosexual friends/acquaintances in CA.  He did not really feel this way.  The political primary system that we have causes this kind of pandering.  I will bet any money he made this statement during primaries, not during general election campaign. 
So Reagan was a fraud and a lying bastard?

BignJacked

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 07:13:15 AM »
Fuck off, queer.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
So Reagan was a fraud and a lying bastard?

Let me rethink and restate this.  No, you are right: Reagan generally said what he meant and meant what he said.  That was one reason he was a strong president.  In 1980, there was still the recollection of the radical protesters, e.g., the university protestors which Reagan felt so negatively about in the student community, and Harvey Milk, Stonewall, etc. in the gay community.  So Reagan probably felt negatively toward the more forceful advocates of gay rights.  What I was meaning to say was that I don't believe Reagan was personally homophobic at all, he had friends, he had been around it in his show business career, and he was familiar and comfortable.  And I still say he was more likely to make a statement like the above in the context of a primary campaign rather than in general election.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
Let me rethink and restate this.  No, you are right: Reagan generally said what he meant and meant what he said.  That was one reason he was a strong president.  In 1980, there was still the recollection of the radical protesters, e.g., the university protestors which Reagan felt so negatively about in the student community, and Harvey Milk, Stonewall, etc. in the gay community.  So Reagan probably felt negatively toward the more forceful advocates of gay rights.  What I was meaning to say was that I don't believe Reagan was personally homophobic at all, he had friends, he had been around it in his show business career, and he was familiar and comfortable.  And I still say he was more likely to make a statement like the above in the context of a primary campaign rather than in general election.

He was a fucking actor....of course he condoned and accepted Actor or he would have never gotten a lick of work....he made that speech for politics....no different than Clinton going back to Arkansas to make sure a guy was executed
A

BignJacked

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »

He was a fucking actor....of course he condoned and accepted Actor or he would have never gotten a lick of work....he made that speech for politics....no different than Clinton going back to Arkansas to make sure a guy was executed
l
Keep telling yourself Reagan would have secretly liked you underneath it all. The man despised f@ggots and would have let you die of AIDS with no remorse.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
I don't care who like the cawk or who likes the vag.  Really, it's everyone's own preference.  I could care less.  I'm 1000% more concerned with movie stars that drive around at 90 mph in a 45mph zone, to be honest.  Two dudes that are into dudes, or 2 girls that are into girls, doesn't endanger old ladies crossing the street.

BignJacked

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »
I don't care who like the cawk or who likes the vag.  Really, it's everyone's own preference.  I could care less.  I'm 1000% more concerned with movie stars that drive around at 90 mph in a 45mph zone, to be honest.  Two dudes that are into dudes, or 2 girls that are into girls, doesn't endanger old ladies crossing the street.
Who gives a fuck what a pussy like you thinks? You're an obama liberal. Fuck off

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
Nancy & Bonzo.  Just saying.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 10:21:55 AM »
It comes down to a matter of a personal belief on what is appropriate versus what the state should have the power to mandate.   Consenting adults should have the right to decide what they do together as long as it doesn't violate the freedom of another person. 
A

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Keep telling yourself Reagan would have secretly liked you enderneath it all. The man despised f@ggots and would have let you die of AIDS with no remorse.

amen to that

Reagan was the last great President. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 10:33:23 AM »
Did he died?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »

You're disgusting. You stick your pee pee in that cross-eyed homo's sphincter every night and then wipe his pooh off your knob head....you're gross