Author Topic: 35 percent of Republican women  (Read 1772 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
35 percent of Republican women
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
A new Washington Post/ABC News poll finds broad support for a potential 2016 presidential run by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, including a surprising amount of Republican women that say they would support her candidacy.

Overall, 57 percent of the poll's respondents said they would support a Clinton candidacy. That includes 35 percent of Republican women. To put that in perspective, President Barack Obama won just 6 percent of the overall Republican vote this year. Among all women, 66 percent would support Clinton's potential bid in 2016.

Original WP link:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/05/run-hillary-run-majority-want-a-clinton-2016-candidacy/?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Excerpt: Public impressions of Hillary Clinton are at an all-time high, with a large majority of Americans giving her positive reviews as the country’s secretary of state and most wanting her to be a presidential candidate in 2016, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.
Among all women, 66 percent say they would support Clinton as a candidate for president in 2016; it is 75 percent among those under 50 and 54 percent among those aged 50 and up. Forty-nine percent of men back a Clinton bid, regardless of what side of 50 they are on.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
Re: 35 percent of Republican women
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »
Of course they would, it`s vagina loyalty. Women stick together.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
what difference at this point does it make?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »
If you consider yourself a Republican and would vote for Hilary because she is a woman, you've abandoned your principles.
A

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »
what difference at this point does it make?

exactly

it was all lined up for her in 2008 and she still couldn't even win the nomination

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 04:18:09 AM »
If you consider yourself a proud American and would vote for Hilary because she is a woman, you've abandoned your principles.

Fixed. If you do or don't vote for someone because they're black/white/male/female, you should probably stay home on Voting Day.

As Scrubs said, Hillary will get the lions' share of the women's vote if she runs against a man.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »
If you consider yourself a Republican and would vote for Hilary because she is a woman, you've abandoned your principles.

Agreed. Same with the world's most influential feminist billionaire Oprah "I'm every woman!" Winfrey leaving Hillary hangin' in '08 to support a fellow black - a MAN of limited experience and qualifications.

Whoever gets the Repub nomination needs to have binders full of women supporting him for sure!
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
Hil grates on people..she is, in a phrase, an anoying bitch. THis will come down to who she debates, somebody who treats her like a "woman" or somebody who will go for her throat because her inept career record.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Hil grates on people..she is, in a phrase, an anoying bitch. THis will come down to who she debates, somebody who treats her like a "woman" or somebody who will go for her throat because her inept career record.

honestly - i think sarah palin is the ONLY one that could 'go at' hilary and be effective.   Christie will look like a bully.  Rubio will look like a sweaty confused college kids.  Jeb won't run.  everyone else will look like a dick.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

Republican principles are shit anyway so..

Can you name me one goood republican priciple?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
Republican principles are shit anyway so..

Can you name me one goood republican priciple?

Ive posted this before but Ill post it again because I think these principles are pretty good.

A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
Ive posted this before but Ill post it again because I think these principles are pretty good.

Lets start with the first one.

An enduring moral order

What is that? God?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »

An enduring moral order

What is that? God?

Some conservatives might interpret the line that way.  Others might consider the reference to mean a constitution. The Constitution of the United States is often referred to as an enduring document.  The constitution is certainly the document which all moral and legal authority is drawn.
A

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:20 AM »

An enduring moral order

What is that? God?

if you've ever claimed that someone is a "bad person" and believed that society has a responsibility to prevent that person from committing bad acts you believe in some kind of "enduring moral order"

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
Some conservatives might interpret the line that way.  Others might consider the reference to mean a constitution. The Constitution of the United States is often referred to as an enduring document.  The constitution is certainly the document which all moral and legal authority is drawn.

Thanks.

How about number 9?

Seems a little anti-freedom to me, whats your take?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Thanks.

How about number 9?

"prudent" restraints.  a true conservative believes government is necessary, but knows not to give it too much power.  they feel the same when it comes to corporate power.  that's why we have anti trust laws.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
honestly - i think sarah palin is the ONLY one that could 'go at' hilary and be effective.   

Troll.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:46 PM »
Thanks.

How about number 9?

He means small government and personal restraint on excessive behavior.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »
"prudent" restraints.  a true conservative believes government is necessary, but knows not to give it too much power.  they feel the same when it comes to corporate power.  that's why we have anti trust laws.

Thanks but what about the human passions part?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
He means small government and personal restraint on excessive behavior.

Excessive behaviour is hard to qualify and a principle easily abused.

But i get the point.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »

Excessive behaviour is hard to qualify and a principle easily abused.

But i get the point.

It's a self imposed moral standard.  Good judgement.  Not all of these necessarily are meant to be applied as laws as much as they are a code of personal conduct, a code of chivalry so to speak.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
Troll.

WTF?  LOL I'm being serious.  Palin could go at Hilary with venom and anger - and it'd work.

Christie does that, and he looks like a scary big fat jerk.
Rand does that, and he loses all semblance of charm and gentle control.
Cruz does that and he just looks like a chunky, goofy looking man, frustrated and never in control.
Rubio goes at her, and he looks like a little kid yelling because they're out of candy.

But Palin could do it and not appear sexist, not appear a bully - rather, she'd appear tough and focused and determined.

Face it... Cuomo got all aggressive at Hilary during a debate and it sunk him fast.  No male can do it.  Palin can though.  She doesn't have the IQ to spell 'Presidential' but she is a heck of an attack dog.  Get a peaceful calm voice as VP on the ticket and voila!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »
It's a self imposed moral standard.  Good judgement.  Not all of these necessarily are meant to be applied as laws as much as they are a code of personal conduct, a code of chivalry so to speak.

You area rare breed on this board Archer.

A conservative with intelligence and knowledge. A break from the Obama= Hitler, rightwing nuts on this board who scream a lot but doesnt have a clue.

I salute you, sir.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:08 AM »

You area rare breed on this board Archer.

A conservative with intelligence and knowledge. A break from the Obama= Hitler, rightwing nuts on this board who scream a lot but doesnt have a clue.

I salute you, sir.

Thank you, brother.  I'm a lot more moderate than I may appear.  Sometimes I'm playing devils advocate or the provocateur. 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:41 PM »
Thank you, brother.  I'm a lot more moderate than I may appear.  Sometimes I'm playing devils advocate or the provocateur. 

I know exactly what you mean. Its a valid way of starting a debate.

Hard to challenge people and their beliefs if we agree on everything already.