Author Topic: Steve Nash may not play again  (Read 7263 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Steve Nash may not play again
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:03:21 PM »
Nash says his career is over.  :(

Steve Nash Acknowledges He May Not Play Again

Steve Nash‘s tenure with the Lakers hasn’t gone nearly as he expected it to, but recently he batted down a rumor that the nerve root irritation in his back was prompting him to consider retirement. Now Nash says he isn’t ruling out the possibility that his career is over, as Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News observes.

“I might not be able to play anymore,” Nash said. “I might have to yo-yo it. I might be able to play the rest of the way. Honestly right now, I’m trying to see if I can play the rest of the way.”

Nash has been taking his rehab at a slow pace in an effort not to have to “yo-yo” back and forth between the active and inactive lists. A setback in his recovery could mean trouble, but he knows that if he is going to play again, he’ll have to take a risk and “dance with the devil” sooner or later.

The two-time MVP called his recent troubles “a horrible 18 months for me,” as Medina notes, though his problems started just a little more than 13 months ago, when he fractured his leg in a game against the Blazers. Nash has said that he hasn’t felt the same since that injury, and he also suffered from back and hamstring problems last season, when he missed a combined 34 regular season and playoff games.

If Nash decides to quit, and NBA doctors were to rule him medically unable to play, the Lakers could be allowed to wipe the more than $19MM remaining on his contract from their books. Still, that’s a longshot even if Nash doesn’t return. The more likely scenario if Nash retires would involve the Lakers waiving him and using the Stretch Provision to defray his cost. Nash has repeatedly expressed a desire to play out his contract, which runs through next season, and it doesn’t sound like he’s ready to give up on that yet, even if he realizes he might have to at some point.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Nash
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »
Sucks.  I feel bad for the guy.  He' a great player and he deserved to have a better ending to his career.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
  Exactly... he deserved better than that    :(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Nash says his career is over.  :(

He's had his neck fused, multiple back and I think hip replacements and about 7654932 knee replacements. It's a miracle that he can even stand, let alone wrestle these days (can't say the same thing for Hogan).

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
He was a great player. All the best to him in his life.

He had nothing left anyhow...he tried..I salute you Nash.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
He's had his neck fused, multiple back and I think hip replacements and about 7654932 knee replacements. It's a miracle that he can even stand, let alone wrestle these days (can't say the same thing for Hogan).

:D

chess315

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:10 PM »
thought you meant kevin nash i was hoping to hear some crazy story but another few minutes of my life down the drain

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Steve Nash may not play again
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
19 million to sit on the bench.  He's already worth 80 million.  So you can't feel bad for him there.

But I do feel bad for him on another front :(  His wife cheated on him, got preggo from his teammate - and Nash found out when the baby was born.  Richardson was quickly traded to the Magic.

STEVE NASH
BABY NEWS

In the midst of the Steve Nash baby daddy drama, his ex-wife Alejandra Nash said in an interview given weeks after the baby was born that baby Matteo was planned.

Phoenix Suns star Steve Nash announced plans to divorce his wife of five years just one day after the birth of their third child, surprising many fans. Rumors shortly followed saying that Nash had suspected his wife of five years to be cheating on him -- and those rumors were confirmed once the baby was born.

She had allegedly been cheating with Suns teammate Jason Richardson -- who was quickly traded to Orlando in December.

Nash has only made one statement on the matter, which he released to Life & Style magazine shortly after announcing his divorce:

"This is a bittersweet moment for my wife and I; after five years, we are now in the process of dissolving our marriage. This will be my only statement on this."

Alejandra has kept quiet since the Jason Richardson rumors started, but we found an interview she gave to Arizona Foothills magazine shortly after the birth of their child in which she talks about baby Matteo and poses for pictures with her newborn baby and twin girls (see photo above).

When asked about the challenge of having a newborn in the house, along with their twin girls, Alejandra said: "The toughest part is after six years getting back to diapers! You forget how much work it is to have a newborn! But having two girls we really wanted a son. We planned Matteo for an entire year, and we are both so excited to have him in our lives. The best part is to see the girls love their baby brother and try to be good big sisters."

Alejandra, who was born in Paraguay, doesn't talk much about Nash, only saying, "I wish him the best," while confessing that their relationship "has its ups and downs like every other marriage."

What does the future hold for the former Mrs. Steve Nash? She says she is keeping it positive. "Future looks good. But I am learning that the journey is the important thing to focus on. Being present every moment, so I try not to think too much about the future."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
19 million to sit on the bench.  He's already worth 80 million.  So you can't feel bad for him there.

But I do feel bad for him on another front :(  His wife cheated on him, got preggo from his teammate - and Nash found out when the baby was born.  Richardson was quickly traded to the Magic.

STEVE NASH
BABY NEWS

In the midst of the Steve Nash baby daddy drama, his ex-wife Alejandra Nash said in an interview given weeks after the baby was born that baby Matteo was planned.

Phoenix Suns star Steve Nash announced plans to divorce his wife of five years just one day after the birth of their third child, surprising many fans. Rumors shortly followed saying that Nash had suspected his wife of five years to be cheating on him -- and those rumors were confirmed once the baby was born.

She had allegedly been cheating with Suns teammate Jason Richardson -- who was quickly traded to Orlando in December.

Nash has only made one statement on the matter, which he released to Life & Style magazine shortly after announcing his divorce:

"This is a bittersweet moment for my wife and I; after five years, we are now in the process of dissolving our marriage. This will be my only statement on this."

Alejandra has kept quiet since the Jason Richardson rumors started, but we found an interview she gave to Arizona Foothills magazine shortly after the birth of their child in which she talks about baby Matteo and poses for pictures with her newborn baby and twin girls (see photo above).

When asked about the challenge of having a newborn in the house, along with their twin girls, Alejandra said: "The toughest part is after six years getting back to diapers! You forget how much work it is to have a newborn! But having two girls we really wanted a son. We planned Matteo for an entire year, and we are both so excited to have him in our lives. The best part is to see the girls love their baby brother and try to be good big sisters."

Alejandra, who was born in Paraguay, doesn't talk much about Nash, only saying, "I wish him the best," while confessing that their relationship "has its ups and downs like every other marriage."

What does the future hold for the former Mrs. Steve Nash? She says she is keeping it positive. "Future looks good. But I am learning that the journey is the important thing to focus on. Being present every moment, so I try not to think too much about the future."

Ouch! But then Nash is noted for his assists rather than his scoring.    :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »
Ouch! But then Nash is noted for his assists rather than his scoring.    :-\

zing!

It must have been awkward in the delivery room.  Dude is super excited to see his new son... and it is very clearly not his child.  What would make a wife do something so terrible to the dude?  At least give him some kinda heads up.  "Um, this might be awkward today..."

Also, JRich did nothing but tap that ass, and he got traded for it.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
even though I'm a lakers fan (bigger clippers fan though), I can't stand Nash.

I have no respect for a grown man "flopping"... it's despicable.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 12:52:31 AM »
even though I'm a lakers fan (bigger clippers fan though), I can't stand Nash.

I have no respect for a grown man "flopping"... it's despicable.

Wait up son.  Did you just say that you are a Clippers fan that doesn't like flopping?  Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are two of the floppingest mofos in the history of the NBA.  lol.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 01:03:12 AM »
Wait up son.  Did you just say that you are a Clippers fan that doesn't like flopping?  Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are two of the floppingest mofos in the history of the NBA.  lol.

well, i'm a clippers fan because I used to know Donald Sterling and my ex used to work for him.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »
well, i'm a clippers fan because I used to know Donald Sterling and my ex used to work for him.

Is it true that he hates black people like they say?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »
Is it true that he hates black people like they say?

haha.. well, I wouldn't say 'hate', but he... hell.. how do I say it..... he doesn't view them as 'equals'.

he loves to be around Asian girls though... but he's not a creepy dude. I know quite a few Asian girls who've worked for him and he's never hit on them or done anything inappropriate. almost his entire office was staffed with Asian girls, and while sitting at a table with him at a charity gala, there were 12 seats, 3 of us were men (two of us were old jewish men.. guess which I was. lol), 8 were young, perfectly beautiful viet and Chinese girls, one was his wife.(who didn't mind at all)... and the other two tables he had were about 85% Asian girls, the rest jewish girls.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 01:58:06 AM »
haha.. well, I wouldn't say 'hate', but he... hell.. how do I say it..... he doesn't view them as 'equals'.

he loves to be around Asian girls though... but he's not a creepy dude. I know quite a few Asian girls who've worked for him and he's never hit on them or done anything inappropriate. almost his entire office was staffed with Asian girls, and while sitting at a table with him at a charity gala, there were 12 seats, 3 of us were men (two of us were old jewish men.. guess which I was. lol), 8 were young, perfectly beautiful viet and Chinese girls, one was his wife.(who didn't mind at all)... and the other two tables he had were about 85% Asian girls, the rest jewish girls.

Lol.  It thought so.

Nothing wrong with the Asian girl thing.  I've been thinking about looking for a hot Japanese girl lately myself.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 02:53:03 AM »
Lol.  It thought so.

Nothing wrong with the Asian girl thing.  I've been thinking about looking for a hot Japanese girl lately myself.

nah.. find a nice viet girl of Chinese decent. a good girl.. not an 'americanized' hoochie... preferably Buddhist, with a masters degree :)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:26 AM »
Steve Nash career was over 3yrs ago....I'm not exactly sure what he was still doing on the court

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 06:27:57 AM »

STEVE NASH
BABY NEWS

Fuck, that's a cold bitch! Feel bad for Steve! Oh well, it least he's got his money and his daughters!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:04 AM »
Fuck, that's a cold bitch! Feel bad for Steve! Oh well, it least he's got his money and his daughters!

yeah... what a way to ruin what should be the best day of a dude's life.  Humiliating in front of his family.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:57 AM »
These bitches not only cheat but they let the guy do them raw no pulling out.  Fucking whores.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »
These bitches not only cheat but they let the guy do them raw no pulling out.  Fucking whores.

Word.

Do you guys think it's true that Delonte West fucked Lebron's mom?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
His wife has that "I'm unfaithful" look to her.