Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201041 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #300 on: December 10, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
This was just posted by his brother.  I feel bad for his family and he has thousands of posts on both his FB pages.

Dennis Springer
3 hours ago
I'd like to share the information for my brother Derek Anthony. Visitation will be Wednesday, 12/11 and Thursday, 12/12 between the hours of 2-4pm and 7-9:30 pm at Lindenhurst Funeral Home, Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY. Funeral mass will be Friday, 12/13 at 9:45am at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church on Wellwood Avenue in Lindenhurst. My family asks that perhaps in lieu of flowers a donation be made to the National Kidney Foundation. Thank you. — with Michele Springer and 3 others.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #301 on: December 10, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »
Holy shit, those Mafia funerals are huge.
O

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #302 on: December 10, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »
Sure? Lol denial much. You do realize you can CHECK the join date right? Don't make me bitch slap you punk. I'll talk to whoever whenever. Your post count means less to me then ball cheese.
Nick laying the smack down true Getbigger, from South Philly!

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
PIP Derek
$

davej1963

• Getbig II
« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »

Derek with his family in better days.

Doesn't look like the tough guy mob type family tho. ???

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Derek Anthony has died (not a joke)
« Reply #305 on: December 10, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »
nah this is dangerous thinking imo.

this is the "handling side effects well" bs lie.

maybe theres pros who just react so phenomenaly well to gear that they do not need megadoses.

i realy dont like the idea behind that logic.genetics being how much abuse one can take.it sounds like something not so smart ppl would say ,to me.

btw dont mean you in particular or at all with this, just general

Exactly...Guys who drink hard, use coke, eat anadrol like candy and use everything else and eat like shit are the last guys going anywhere near a doctor. Sure they will yell at the top of their lungs that their doctor gave them a clean bill of health or shit like that but they are liars in denial. Nobody is living that reckless and getting proper tests done on their system. There's a couple of guys in my gym who are on a boatload of gear etc. Don't work, no health insurance and barely have a penny to their name. Every once in awhile, I'll over hear them saying how their doctor can't believe how healthy they and all their test always come back great. These fukcing turds don't have the money to get checked out as often as they say they are. They are simply lying and living in a delusion much like Lee Priest...lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
I wonder if his doctors knew what that shit in his muscles was and why they didn't force him to stop pumping that poison in his body.

Most doctors will look at someone like TA as severely mentally ill. In fact, they look at a lot of society that way...But these types of people are good for business...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »

Wow

looks nothing like the mouth, tats, bronx, mafia, gangster, etc

:(

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #308 on: December 10, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
http://lindenhurstfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1745287/Springer-Derek/service-details.php

BTW....if any of you intend to visit....please be respectful and for pete's sake, don't light up a cigarette.  I'm sure the embalmer is going to do an excellent job but you never know these days.....
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: December 10, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
http://lindenhurstfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1745287/Springer-Derek/service-details.php

BTW....if any of you intend to visit....please be respectful and for pete's sake, don't light up a cigarette.  I'm sure the embalmer is going to do an excellent job but you never know these days.....

You shoulda just PMed this to Basile.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2013, 03:29:10 PM »
chemo put the final nail in the couffen

chemo is too much of a gamble your better off cutting yourself open and removing the cancer and getting off the heme-iron
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2013, 03:30:52 PM »
Most doctors will look at someone like TA as severely mentally ill. In fact, they look at a lot of society that way...But these types of people are good for business...

Like I've said before....lets not pretend that this was a good guy.  Even Keith didn't threaten to kill my family...just made fun of me which is why I was more respectful towards him when he died.

Derek Anthony was pretty much "EVERYTHING" that is wrong with bodybuilding....megadosi ng steroids, slin, GH, synthol, nubain, G4P, neurotic, caring nothing more than for amassing worthless possessions and trinkets...hats, jewelry, cars, etc maxxing every credit card out possible and never paying taxes leaving his family with a ton of debt and on top of that.....running up the tab for taxpayers and people who actually work for a living just to stay alive.

That's Derek Springer.....a joke and pathetic human being who never apologized for his actions to anyone....even threatening Ron Harris and his family just last week.    The only thing good that ever happened was that at least his family helped him out in his final days and is going to give him a proper burial which is quite frankly more than he deserves.

The one good thing that's going to come out of his expiration is that some people will hopefully think twice before shooting themselves up with every fucking thing in the world or they'll end up like Derek.....and he suffered mercilessly for over 2 years gasping for every breath in severe pain and agony and at the end.  I will honestly say that even someone like him didn't deserve it, but he caused it and even death row inmates died better than he did.  I wish that he took mine and John Romano's advice but he just didn't.

To all of you abusing....STOP THAT FUCKING SHIT.  Get right, get a job, and live vicariously.

A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
chemo put the final nail in the couffen

chemo is too much of a gamble your better off cutting yourself open and removing the cancer and getting off the heme-iron

Would not have made a difference.  The body can always heal itself eventually but he simply did way too much damage to come back. 
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »
This is why I am on Goodrum's side most times seems everyone that messes with him goes down is Basile next?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
This is why I am on Goodrum's side most times seems everyone that messes with him goes down is Basile next?
i helped revive bas-ill in his sleep on several occasions , it is in my "arrangement" to not let the man die
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
i helped revive bas-ill in his sleep on several occasions , it is in my "arrangement" to not let the man die
I have seen this he will not listen.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »
-Sad news. My condolances to Derek's family and friends.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
Springer?

What happened to being Italian?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »
I have seen this he will not listen.
We also watch over the great father figure "Primemuscle" once a month we make sure to visit him while he is sleeping so he will actually recover everytime
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2013, 04:17:25 PM »
Prime-muscle is due for his mandatory heme-iron extraction of peace
A

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
This was just posted by his brother.  I feel bad for his family and he has thousands of posts on both his FB pages.

Dennis Springer
3 hours ago
I'd like to share the information for my brother Derek Anthony. Visitation will be Wednesday, 12/11 and Thursday, 12/12 between the hours of 2-4pm and 7-9:30 pm at Lindenhurst Funeral Home, Wellwood Avenue, Lindenhurst, NY. Funeral mass will be Friday, 12/13 at 9:45am at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church on Wellwood Avenue in Lindenhurst. My family asks that perhaps in lieu of flowers a donation be made to the National Kidney Foundation. Thank you. — with Michele Springer and 3 others.
will the casket be open?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
Prime-muscle is due for his mandatory heme-iron extraction of peace
He is in Idaho writing a 560 page book.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
big dude

davej1963

• Getbig II
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »
A classic......thanks for the laughs DA

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »
I had the opportunity to speak with Derek on various occasions throughout the years, mainly at the NY Pro, Night of Champions and a few other IFBB events.

The kid was certainly very animated and had many ideas about expanding his own brand and the sport of bodybuilding. He had much "life" in him.

He wasn't always correct in many of his ways, but I suppose that's part of being human and we're all at fault for making various mistakes of our own. There are many things I never quite understood about Derek, mainly his being a nice Jewish boy that became infatuated with the idea of Sicilians and the "Mob" mentality, but to each their own. He also family and friends which cared for him dearly and in person seemed to be relatively approachable by others. He did have his issues with Vince Goodrum, issues which I never agreed with or supported, but that can happen with anyone. It would have been nice if both had the opportunity to make peace, but again, that's life.

I feel bad in his passing, because I think that death is a much too cruel of a sentence for anyone. I want everyone to live a fulfilling life with various opportunities to achieve their own level of happiness. A life cut short, due to stupid mistakes, is truly sad. So much potential is lost in the passing of any human being.

Rhetoric aside, I thought he was entertaining on the forums and had much revolving gossip that would surface from his many antics.

Any time a "real" person from these forums passes, I feel sad. I feel sad, because it is a real entity that we have come to enjoy by way of poking fun of them, interacting with them and following up on their interesting lives. It might seem like selfish motives, but the truth of the matter is that Derek was as much of a GetBigger as any of us.

May he rest in peace.

"1"