Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 200995 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #425 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »
he was in some aspects what many want to be but never have the balls to do so.

and looked very good in his prime.

he died young, but maybe he lived more than many who get to age 80 ever will.

sure, was not right in the head and all, but lived the life,some aspects

I am a lot closer to 80 than he was. My guess is that I have lived a lot more then he had the opportunity to do in his short life. But you have one thing right, I never looked as good as he did for that minute in his prime. This seems like a pretty poor trade off.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #426 on: December 12, 2013, 01:49:47 AM »
derek anthony, thank you. thank you for spitting on someone's chest, NOT their face and thank you for destroying Squadfather on Getbig !

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #427 on: December 12, 2013, 04:40:05 AM »
V

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #428 on: December 12, 2013, 05:12:15 AM »
I haven't watched that video in a while.

It's amusing as hell and pretty well spoken.

I mean, if you compare him to say.. err cswol, he does a decent job of stating his case.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: December 12, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
I am going to remember the best about Derek not the worst.

such as, please enlighten us?

Very disrespectful to talk this way about someone who has just died. Derek made mistakes in life as we all do but you are just evil.

so everyone that dies deserves our respect for dying? People die every day, and guess what..not all of them were "good people"

so vulgar things that he said and the way he acted was a "mistake"?

you are actually insulting him, let me explain...he lived his life the a certain way, the way he wanted. He was a grown and made decisions accordingly, by all accounts he was a girl on purpose until the final days. And now you are saying that was all a mistake and he didn't mean to live his life that way....huh? come again?
I

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: December 12, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »
Derek Anthony was a good bodybuilder, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the gym... and bodybuilding. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men. These young men gave their lives. And so would Derek. Derek, who loved bodybuilding. Good night, sweet prince.
   The Dude Abides...

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #431 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:11 AM »
I very carefully read thru most of the posts xfactor posted.Wanted to get a clearer sense of what killed DA.

DA mentioned that he was CONSTANTLY on stimulants, this will keep blood pressure elevated.

My guess is he also banged many rails of coke, this will also elevate BP.

Combine ALOT OF SPEED with CRAZY high doses of anabolics........

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #432 on: December 12, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »
Do we know for sure about his rec drug use?

I mean guys like Zyzz has vids of himself clearly tweaking off of blow. I haven't seen any DA vids yet like that.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #433 on: December 12, 2013, 11:58:55 AM »

DA
talked to much shit..
Everything he said became realty within 2 years that video was made  :-\

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #434 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:03 PM »
Very disrespectful to talk this way about someone who has just died. Derek made mistakes in life as we all do but you are just evil.

We're not talking about anybody, because the putative object in question doesn't exist. That's what it is to die, silly. We're committing a victimless crime.

Now, the gurgling in my stomach indicates a serious case of mudbutt is on the horizon. Where's that bloated oilbag hitherto referred to as Derek for me to take a dump on?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: December 12, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »

Now, the gurgling in my stomach indicates a serious case of mudbutt is on the horizon. Where's that bloated oilbag hitherto referred to as Derek for me to take a dump on?

Shakespearean eloquence. But much too soon.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #436 on: December 12, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
nah, knew this one gonna be misunderstood.

thats why i said "some aspects".

its few, but theyre there.ofc the vast majority of his actions was plain retarded.

theres oemthing valueable to learn from guys like him and to an extent, zyzz.

ie, what not to overdo,how things can go wrong etc.

Aight, i take it back :-)

Billy Guns

« Reply #437 on: December 12, 2013, 06:55:01 PM »
It's at great sorrow I am even here posting....I got word of Derek passing......Many may or may not know we grew up together since elementary school....I was always into bodybuilding as a kid but when I saw Derek start his journey in the 10th grade and went from a 130lb kid to a 190lb man by the senior year I very much looked up to him based on his physique at that time....even teachers and coaches were looking up to him for advice on training

Many years later I ran into derek in a local powerhouse gym and saw how he exploded into a 240 lb monster from the 130lb kid I grew up with.....I spent a few days catching up with derek and getting focused on the gym but I fell off due to my studies and a goal of a career first. I always kept up with him since we lived only blocks apart.

Many people dont know the Derek I grew up with back in JR High he was the class clown and a fun loving funny ass mother fucker always kept people laughing....he strived to be a baseball player but after a major injury in high school that no longer was possible....so I saw he went the modeling and bodybuilding route and did very well for himself as a amatuer better than many others we all know this is a fact

I later in life reunited with Derek when I met Dave Palumbo and started working with MD........I know many felt derek was a low life scumbag but for him the image fit well and he made a living off of it nobody can deny that.....I never agreed with his image cause I knew the Real Derek from growing up but it worked for him to make money to live off of.

After many years have gone by I truly do feel bad for Derek and the entire Springer family they are good people and I cannot imagine the pain a parent feels having to bury their son but I can tell you aside from all the internet stuff yall may know of derek or what his history was in the industry he truly cared about his loved ones and although he faced many challenges within himself in his life he lived his life HIS WAY and BY HIS RULES not by a LAW made by a corrupt politician or by another mans way he did it his way and on his last day I know he make have wished he could change some choices but He passed knowing he lived it the way he wanted

RIP MY BROTHER!!!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: December 12, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »
It's at great sorrow I am even here posting....I got word of Derek passing......Many may or may not know we grew up together since elementary school....I was always into bodybuilding as a kid but when I saw Derek start his journey in the 10th grade and went from a 130lb kid to a 190lb man by the senior year I very much looked up to him based on his physique at that time....even teachers and coaches were looking up to him for advice on training

Many years later I ran into derek in a local powerhouse gym and saw how he exploded into a 240 lb monster from the 130lb kid I grew up with.....I spent a few days catching up with derek and getting focused on the gym but I fell off due to my studies and a goal of a career first. I always kept up with him since we lived only blocks apart.

Many people dont know the Derek I grew up with back in JR High he was the class clown and a fun loving funny ass mother fucker always kept people laughing....he strived to be a baseball player but after a major injury in high school that no longer was possible....so I saw he went the modeling and bodybuilding route and did very well for himself as a amatuer better than many others we all know this is a fact

I later in life reunited with Derek when I met Dave Palumbo and started working with MD........I know many felt derek was a low life scumbag but for him the image fit well and he made a living off of it nobody can deny that.....I never agreed with his image cause I knew the Real Derek from growing up but it worked for him to make money to live off of.

After many years have gone by I truly do feel bad for Derek and the entire Springer family they are good people and I cannot imagine the pain a parent feels having to bury their son but I can tell you aside from all the internet stuff yall may know of derek or what his history was in the industry he truly cared about his loved ones and although he faced many challenges within himself in his life he lived his life HIS WAY and BY HIS RULES not by a LAW made by a corrupt politician or by another mans way he did it his way and on his last day I know he make have wished he could change some choices but He passed knowing he lived it the way he wanted

RIP MY BROTHER!!!

Respect your post, Billy, and sorry for your loss, but I don't think most are buying this online image shit. One, he wasn't that smart, and he had zero ability to control his emotions, so he wasn't acting. And two, even after the often mentioned moral awakening that preceded his death, the guy threatened Ron Harris and his family. Everyone saw the message. Derek was Derek online, maybe just less of an asshole to close friends in real life. I am sad that he suffered and died so young, as I would be for anyone, but let's not pretend the guy was something other than what he was.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #439 on: December 12, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
such as, please enlighten us?

so everyone that dies deserves our respect for dying? People die every day, and guess what..not all of them were "good people"

so vulgar things that he said and the way he acted was a "mistake"?

you are actually insulting him, let me explain...he lived his life the a certain way, the way he wanted. He was a grown and made decisions accordingly, by all accounts he was a girl on purpose until the final days. And now you are saying that was all a mistake and he didn't mean to live his life that way....huh? come again?

Everyone that dies deserves respect (and compassion too) at the point of death.  Whether or not he or she was a "good person".  You are not approving or disapproving the way the person lived his or her life.  When you respect the dead, you are doing so out of respect for the human experience of death and the end of a life.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #440 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
P.I.P.
Mr. AZ 2003

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #441 on: December 12, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
IS cswole still alive?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #442 on: December 12, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
  I hope so

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2013, 12:27:21 AM »
Everyone that dies deserves respect (and compassion too) at the point of death.  Whether or not he or she was a "good person".  You are not approving or disapproving the way the person lived his or her life.  When you respect the dead, you are doing so out of respect for the human experience of death and the end of a life.

perfectly said

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »
Shakespearean eloquence. But much too soon.

More like Mickey Spillane.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2013, 04:50:42 AM »

Ted Bundy...respect. ::)
N

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2013, 05:06:17 AM »
If a person deserves respect - they deserve it when they are alive.

When they are dead, the concept of deserving respect is moot (depending on beliefs and such).

The concept of a message board on the internet respecting somebody is something akin to "delusions of grandeur".   On a message board, you give respect if the person wasn't overly a cnut, because actually, your respect is worthless and therefore, not really worth obsessing over.  They will never know of your text based respect.  You are making an empty gesture. 

I give respect to Derek because I can kind of see that he was of limited intellect and most of the vile stuff he wrote was his misguided idea of trying to be visceral, in the face of superior opponents.

But there's no way I would begrudge the voodoo master from his moment in the sun.

Derek wrote vile things to people and if they took them literally, there's no coming back from that - no respect in living or death.  That I choose to shrug it off is my prerogative, not other people's.

I actually really enjoyed Derek's getbig hate video - I like him more after remembering that.  I think he's bang on.  I was here when he arrived and he got nothing but hate and he gave it back (which as the more pragmatic on this board will agree - is the double standard we live by - we'll be dicks, if you're a dick back, you're a fool).

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #447 on: December 13, 2013, 05:22:03 AM »

"You guys are just a bunch of jealous punks with no lives"....

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #448 on: December 13, 2013, 06:08:02 AM »
But much too soon.

Well, that's just like, your opinion, MAN.

As if there's some objectively correct span of time one must wait before announcing that you're going to take a dump on a dead guy.  ::)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: December 13, 2013, 06:35:09 AM »
Well, that's just like, your opinion, MAN.

:)