Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201136 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #525 on: December 16, 2013, 06:53:27 AM »
Dave squad mira is having a blast at the expense of Derek at the muscle week board..
seems sarcasm  hasnt forgotten their last encountered  ;D

Just saw that...  ;D

I like that board. wish they had more traffic.
®

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #526 on: December 16, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »
repeated calling someone a cotton picker is bigoted abuse

I agree. If I was a real cotton picker, and someone associated me with Vince G., I'd be pissed off too.

Seriously insulting.
$

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #527 on: December 16, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »
Derek Springer/Anthony

Wonder if posting the private message of a deceased person is a big no-no... Anyway, Derek really hated that Springer name, wanted to be called Lettereli.

HEY DIP SHIT MY REAL NAME IS LEGALLY DEREK ANTHONY LETTERELI ON MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE THANK YOU   I THINK I KNOW MY FUCKING NAME YOU ASSHOLE

Billy Guns

« Reply #528 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
Wonder if posting the private message of a deceased person is a big no-no... Anyway, Derek really hated that Springer name, wanted to be called Lettereli.

In defense of Derek whom is gone to a better place now....I totally get why he never wanted his name out there...between doing webcam and carrying a internet bad ass attitude he was protecting his identity and his family

You all need to let Derek RIP not bash him after his final day its truly sad anyone attacking him now

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #529 on: December 16, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
In defense of Derek whom is gone to a better place now....I totally get why he never wanted his name out there...between doing webcam and carrying a internet bad ass attitude he was protecting his identity and his family

You all need to let Derek RIP not bash him after his final day its truly sad anyone attacking him now
Oh yeah?  What place would that be?  ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »

He's not posting on Getbig. Some would say that is a better place.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2013, 05:54:55 PM »
He's not posting on Getbig. Some would say that is a better place.
:D

Billy Guns

« Reply #532 on: December 16, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »

We are born into this HELL of a world full of lies deceit and betrayal.....He is resting in a place that nobody or nothing can harm him....Regardless of how you feel about the internet drama I grew up with Derek Springer and he was a good guy and fun to be around.....I dont know why his life went down the road it did to take him too soon to his resting place but I will forever remember him for the good times

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
We are born into this HELL of a world full of lies deceit and betrayal.....He is resting in a place that nobody or nothing can harm him....Regardless of how you feel about the internet drama I grew up with Derek Springer and he was a good guy and fun to be around.....I dont know why his life went down the road it did to take him too soon to his resting place but I will forever remember him for the good times

Bro, when you gonna give us an update on the back-piece?

O

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #534 on: December 16, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »
Bro, when you gonna give us an update on the back-piece?

x2
#

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: December 16, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »

Remembering the good times is what you should do. It is healthy to focus on positive experiences and let any negative feelings fade with time. Too bad so many here seem to want to focus on Derek's negative side. It serves no one well.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #536 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
between doing webcam and carrying a internet bad ass attitude he was protecting his identity and his family

Were you an avid follower of his webcam work, Billy?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #537 on: December 16, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »

Derek knew there would be haters and this is what he thought about them!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #538 on: December 17, 2013, 12:00:32 AM »

He may call us losers, but he has lost to life..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #539 on: December 17, 2013, 01:12:54 AM »

What is your point in posting this?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #540 on: December 17, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
What is your point in posting this?

Isn't it obvious? I want to let Derek have a say about the assholes posting crap about him here.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2013, 01:25:19 AM »
Isn't it obvious? I want to let Derek have a say about the assholes posting crap about him here.

I can be dense sometimes, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.  ::) If there is humor in the afterlife, Derek is probably having a good laugh about now.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2013, 02:58:42 AM »
Derek Springer/Anthony

Derek was always an interesting character on Getbig and elsewhere in the bodybuilding community. The dude was both crazy and fearless. He did and said what he pleased and took the consequences. So he lived his dream and for many years everything seemed sweet. He didn't take shit from anyone and handed the same out by the shovel full. He never backed away from a confrontation and agreed to meet various internet tough guys to sort things out. Yes, when you are outspoken like Derek you make some enemies....but many supporters, too, because bodybuilding is an asskissing cult where insecure blokes lift weights and do whatever it takes to win titles, etc. Derek was on some radio shows and was such an interesting character that people were entertained when he let loose with all manner of obscenities. The confrontation with Goodrum was a classic. Those two seemed to  hate each other as only Venom Vince can both instigate and sustain. Instead of fighting when they met at the Olympia several years ago, Derek took pity on Goodrum and spit on him instead of punching him. That putdown will remain forever on Goodrum's forehead! In the end, no one won because Derek didn't really live long enough to make his words have validity. He told Goodrum he would rather be himself than what Goodrum was. Those were strong words. So Melvin retorted that Derek would soon be dead and that was an accurate prediction.

When I remember how Derek conducted himself on Getbig I really wonder why so many seemed to dislike and even hate him. Derek knew this and even posted a video to all the haters who live in their mom's basement. He singlehandedly dispatched the Godfather from Getbig and that showed good detective work. Well, maybe he had some help. The point is Derek feared no man and he survived on the forums no matter what anyone said about him. The plain truth is very few on Getbig post as themselves. We all knew who Freakycalves was. Derek had a past where he posed for men for money. The flotsam equated that with gay4pay. Derek denied it was any such thing. Who knows and who cares? It was many years ago. The trouble is whatever was done in the past can linger forever if you are a controversial person on the net. I always found Derek to be outrageously funny. He did know how to have a good laugh and he could laugh at himself. I found him to be a likable bloke.

Let's talk about Derek's physique. The guy sure looked good in the past. Before he died we really couldn't tell because he became an illustrated man with all those tattoos. Why some guys cover a nice build with tattoos is a mystery to me but as Lee Priest said he just likes them. People accused Derek of using oil to increase the dimensions of his muscles. Perhaps he did. He admitted this year that he had made several mistakes and some of them impacted on his health. The flotsam felt Derek was crazy to the end because he tried to sustain the size of his muscles. The sideshow that was Derek ground to a crawl this year when he had to be hospitalized for serious problems. Once cancer was found in his liver things looked bad. He then had to postpone any kidney transplant and Derek never survived to get that gift. What a shame.

I suppose we can look at Derek's life and consider him foolish. Well, the cult known as Getbig embraces taking shortcuts to the buff look. Derek just took more risks and sustained them much longer than was healthy. We saw how he valued his family and in the end Derek was just another guy who lifted weights to look better. I don't think anyone should blame him for his short life. He took risks and knew there were side effects. Derek more or less died for us bitches! Rest in peace, Derek Springer.

Vince, you're probably wondering why nobody has commented on this.

Nobody has read it.

I'm going to translate for you, though - as I have.

Getbig Brethren,

Vince would once again, like you to know that he has his real name on here and has been the victim of some abuse by "anonymous" agents of satan - and that you're all scallywags and cowards and whatnot.

Vince is so disappointed with this ongoing phenomena, that he has chosen to align himself with someone who deliberately came to this board to drum up support for his heterosexual website, on which he charged money to homosexuals to stare at his body, as he posed for heterosexual webcam sessions.   

Vince doesn't really know what happened when Derek first arrived (in fact, few were here and even fewer would remember), but I assure you Vince, the adversity you might have suffered, here is entirely different to that of Derek - who was most definitely coming here to suck in homosexual lurkers to his website.  At one point, he felt it pertinent to post the email address of one of his customers, whom he believed to be also a getbig hater.

Now, it's probably a bit rich to wish death on those who attempt to exploit this board for commercial interests - but when they employ shockjock tactics on the thunderdome, they're probably going to cop a bit of abuse in the bargain.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2013, 04:03:20 AM »
is he dead or not?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
is he dead or not?

Still waiting for confirmation.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #545 on: December 17, 2013, 06:08:52 AM »
is he dead or not?

I think he's kidney with us...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #546 on: December 17, 2013, 07:48:08 AM »
is he dead or not?

funeral pics or it didn't happen.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #547 on: December 17, 2013, 08:22:35 AM »
funeral pics or it didn't happen.

Nasser lying dead, bruised and bloated on a table after operation made to look like morgue pic or it didn't happen

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: December 17, 2013, 08:37:25 AM »
There is no documented proof that Nasser is dead. There is no death certificate  , Egyptian or US. 
O

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #549 on: December 17, 2013, 08:38:43 AM »
There is no documented proof that Nasser is dead. There is no death certificate  , Egyptian or US. 

Yes, I know.  Nasser is living in Tahiti, smashing fitness whores, and loving life.  I choose to remember him this way.  That beautiful man with glasses.   :'(