Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 200861 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #575 on: December 18, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Why's that? Death is a perfectly natural process, and we'll all look something like the above in the near (relatively speaking) future.

Get over it.

Not me. I will look like this.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #576 on: December 18, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

Me too, young man.  Me too.  ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »
The Scott is a brilliant poster.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #578 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:45 PM »
Non sequitur?  Not really, but ok.   Isn't that like saying the "n" word instead of the real deal?  Everyone knows what you mean and if God is offended at a trite thing such as the letter "o", well, then He's no God.  That is the way of men who seek to control men for their sake and in the name of their desires, not that of God.  They strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.  I knew what you meant but questioned why you did not just say as much.  Now I know.  Your choice, sir.

And I have no religion, instead I have faith in Christ Jesus.  I may not always live it and I admit as much because to not do so would be to lie.  As for your take on my "hate"?  Hah!  I don't know the deceased enough to "hate" him, but from what he showed the world I can and do despise him for the life he chose to live.   Perhaps you didn't pay attention to my words?  Read them again and know this.

None of us know this man's final choice(s).  We know only how he lived his life.  Poorly.

"Hate" and "despise" are virtually synonyms.  Despise whom you want.  If that is what floats your boat.

I think it is pretty sad.  For you.  

If you would like to read about Judaism's view on using G-d's name, I am sure you can use Google to satisfy your curiosity.  It has nothing to do with His being "offended".  

Anyway, that itself has nothing to do with the exchanges we have had concerning Derek Anthony, may he rest in peace.

If you want to "despise" the deceased and withhold the love and forgiveness that Christianity teaches, that is your privilege.  

Interesting that you are a Christian.  I guess you don't read the New Testament very much.  But you say yourself that you "may not always live it."  I think that is true of everyone, including Derek Anthony. Only G-d is perfect. 

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
 ;D

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #580 on: December 19, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »

Good rear lat spread there.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #581 on: December 19, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »

"Ashes to ashes" from Bowie was a good song, nevertheless..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #582 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
He made his bed over.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: December 19, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
He made his bed over.

He made his bed; over.

Just to be clear, pretty much everyone makes their own bed.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: December 19, 2013, 04:41:49 PM »
He made his bed; over.

Just to be clear, pretty much everyone makes their own bed.

Yes, but here is truth for any that would listen -

Where you make you bed is just as important as who makes it.  And never forget that it's never too late to change your sheets.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: December 19, 2013, 04:51:57 PM »

"Hate" and "despise" are virtually synonyms.  Despise whom you want.  If that is what floats your boat.

I think it is pretty sad.  For you. 

If you would like to read about Judaism's view on using G-d's name, I am sure you can use Google to satisfy your curiosity.  It has nothing to do with His being "offended". 

Anyway, that itself has nothing to do with the exchanges we have had concerning Derek Anthony, may he rest in peace.

If you want to "despise" the deceased and withhold the love and forgiveness that Christianity teaches, that is your privilege. 

Interesting that you are a Christian.  I guess you don't read the New Testament very much.  But you say yourself that you "may not always live it."  I think that is true of everyone, including Derek Anthony. Only G-d is perfect. 

"I AM THAT I AM.  TELL THEM, I AM SENT YOU".

The self-evident One.  YAHWEH.

You "guess" at nothing and fail at mockery, and those being more than self-evident by your own pathetic attempts to belittle the truth of my words. 

Regardless, be well.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2013, 09:06:20 PM »
You know, Getbiggers are usually morality challenged when it comes to what they post about others. However, when they see something they don't approve of they bag that person mercilessly. And so Derek Anthony gets bagged even after he is dead. Whatever for? As Zorba the Greek said, it doesn't matter if someone is good or bad we are all food for worms after we are dead. That should be the attitude here. Those who were close to young Derek will miss him. Others could care less. That will be true for all of us. In the end, no one is really better than anyone else. We are all just individuals having a go at this miracle called life. Derek lived his dream and good for him.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: December 19, 2013, 10:10:34 PM »
You know, Getbiggers are usually morality challenged when it comes to what they post about others. However, when they see something they don't approve of they bag that person mercilessly. And so Derek Anthony gets bagged even after he is dead. Whatever for? As Zorba the Greek said, it doesn't matter if someone is good or bad we are all food for worms after we are dead. That should be the attitude here. Those who were close to young Derek will miss him. Others could care less. That will be true for all of us. In the end, no one is really better than anyone else. We are all just individuals having a go at this miracle called life. Derek lived his dream and good for him.

X2

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »

Very well said indeed.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #589 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »

x1978 Mr Canada
®

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #590 on: December 19, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »

Lived his dream? Pumping endless amount of drugs into his body, going through many physical ailments, while continue to stick drugs into his body, G4P, threatening peoples families, and who knows what else he did. What an odd dream to have for life.  :-\ :-\
X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #591 on: December 19, 2013, 11:52:24 PM »

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »

I could interpret Zorba's words to reinforce an essential pointlessness of possessing any morality, in life.

I could interpret Zorba's words to indicate that Derek is wormfood and is not particularly in need of any sense of moderated speech on his character.

What you posted is essentially faux politically correct nonsense - it is a tradition to not speak ill of the dead and nothing more.  That I have not is my choice - but I do not begrudge any who have, as I recognise that with this being a smaller corner of the internet and the internet being effectively full of upsetting material for his family, already - there is less emphasis on it being particularly negative to add to that.

I repeat to you, Vince, you do not remember how Derek came - I do, he came here to advertise his member website for homosexuals to watch him pose on camera.  Why is it surprising that he encountered resistance to using getbig as commercial platform for this?  Are you really surprised that someone who did that (and received quite vehement hate) became disliked?  Again, I couldn't care less, myself - I'm just saying - don't act like this guy has "suffered" like you.  He was a parasite on the bodybuilding industry when he came here and if you think that's anything like people being mean to you, because you happen to be old - you're wrong.  If someone came to your gym and put up signs that said "calling all fags, come look at me posing on camera for money", you'd be pretty quick smart setting him on his way.  That's how Derek appeared here.  It is important for people to remember this, because some people actually think that Derek didn't start this stuff.  He did - and that's why Ron hasn't done shit to remove this thread. 

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #593 on: December 20, 2013, 07:38:54 AM »
What you posted is essentially faux politically correct nonsense - it is a tradition to not speak ill of the dead and nothing more.

For some people that may be true.  Like you.

Go ahead and pick and choose what constitutes common decency if you like, and call it "faux politically correct nonsense". 

Everyone has clobbered the guy for all his depredations ad nauseum.  But even so, he paid the ultimate penalty.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
You know what is really sad? I used to think bodybuilding was great and defended it to everyone when I was young and even when I attended university. Since being on Getbig my attitude has changed and I can see the link with schmoes. Look at the silly posing briefs the men wear and how many show their glutes off. We wouldn't have done that in the old days. So the dream was to one day be like the real he-men champions found in the muscle magazines. Win a big title and be somebody. Well, the unvarnished truth is somewhat different. There was hapless Derek Springer doing what was necessary to get huge muscles. He was one of the unlucky ones who lost most of his hair. Then he sustained various agents to keep his big muscles and ended up on dialysis then found he had liver cancer. One or two tattoos weren't enough so he went overboard there just like he did with his muscles. We can only imagine the sad choices sustained over perhaps a decade to be this big guy. The price now was too high. We can feel smug about our being more sensible but the process is an extreme one in a tiny cult. Derek posed for blokes who put money in his trunks. That is exactly what most of us could never imagine doing. Yet similar things are said to be done by many top guys to live the musclehead lifestyle. Derek had to change his name to protect his family because he was a controversial character and put himself out there to make money any way he could. Oh, dear, what a life and how sad now that he is gone. I have 4 children and all are older than Derek. So his family must be devastated by what he did to himself. Plastic trophies and titles mean very little. Guys who won Mr Universe in the past are mostly forgotten. We used to know every Mr America winner and every Mr Universe holder. The whole scene resembles a sideshow. The sad truth is that some guys so badly need to be big that they would do something similar if they could do it all over again. We lost the Mentzer brothers before either was 50 and now Derek is gone at 33. He joins Luke Wood as blokes who died in their early thirties for the sport they loved.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2013, 08:53:37 AM »
You know what is really sad? I used to think bodybuilding was great and defended it to everyone when I was young and even when I attended university. Since being on Getbig my attitude has changed and I can see the link with schmoes. Look at the silly posing briefs the men wear and how many show their glutes off. We wouldn't have done that in the old days. So the dream was to one day be like the real he-men champions found in the muscle magazines. Win a big title and be somebody. Well, the unvarnished truth is somewhat different. There was hapless Derek Springer doing what was necessary to get huge muscles. He was one of the unlucky ones who lost most of his hair. Then he sustained various agents to keep his big muscles and ended up on dialysis then found he had liver cancer. One or two tattoos weren't enough so he went overboard there just like he did with his muscles. We can only imagine the sad choices sustained over perhaps a decade to be this big guy. The price now was too high. We can feel smug about our being more sensible but the process is an extreme one in a tiny cult. Derek posed for blokes who put money in his trunks. That is exactly what most of us could never imagine doing. Yet similar things are said to be done by many top guys to live the musclehead lifestyle. Derek had to change his name to protect his family because he was a controversial character and put himself out there to make money any way he could. Oh, dear, what a life and how sad now that he is gone. I have 4 children and all are older than Derek. So his family must be devastated by what he did to himself. Plastic trophies and titles mean very little. Guys who won Mr Universe in the past are mostly forgotten. We used to know every Mr America winner and every Mr Universe holder. The whole scene resembles a sideshow. The sad truth is that some guys so badly need to be big that they would do something similar if they could do it all over again. We lost the Mentzer brothers before either was 50 and now Derek is gone at 33. He joins Luke Wood as blokes who died in their early thirties for the sport they loved.

Great post.  Will you write my obituary when I die (probably sooner than you think)?  I am a couple years older than Derek and I have not done the shameful things he specifically did, but I have done plenty of shameful, hurtful, and just plain wrong things in my life.  It is sad to think what will be said about me when I am gone?  Will anyone even care truly and miss me?  Honestly, I don't think so, not really at least.  DA was a very troubled, flawed, ill man.  He is gone now.  People need to give him a sliver of respect just for the fact that he did have a family and I would never want my family to read or hear all the bad things that people could say about me when i am dead. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »
RIP

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
For some people that may be true.  Like you.

Go ahead and pick and choose what constitutes common decency if you like, and call it "faux politically correct nonsense". 

Everyone has clobbered the guy for all his depredations ad nauseum.  But even so, he paid the ultimate penalty.

There are a large amount of people judging others for their conduct - yet some of these people have been extremely unkind to Derek in the past - the difference being, they draw an imaginary line of completion of doing so, the moment Derek died. 

It is faux political correct nonsense.  The same bullshit invaded Nasser / Kovacs threads.  Those times, even more ridiculous.  People attempting to stop others from debating / researching steroid related deaths because of some sort of strange sentimentality whereby when a person dies, we're not permitted to drill down to the cause, immediately.  We must wait a few weeks to investigate ::)

This is a little website on the internet, not real life.  Fuck that mindset.  It is nonsense.

The burden of proof remains in the laps of those who are attempting to change others behaviour and what these specimens continually forget to acknowledge is - this isn't real life.   Nobody, here would be saying this stuff to the family.  Not a single person, here - not even Goodrum.  Common decency is a moot point.  This is the internet.

.. to which you counter "what if they (the family) do look at the internet"?

.. to which I counter, Derek already has quite the body of work of him acting the fool, without this thread.  It's a pointless task to try to now stem the flow.  I can find a picture of his dick within a minute ::)

It's not my style to bash Derek, because he's dead - it wasn't my style to bash Derek when he was alive, either.  But I'm not like Vince Basile - I DO understand how other people see this and I don't see it as particularly invalid.  It's not something I would do, but it is essentially harmless to continue to call a spade a spade, on this board (although I was forced to clarify how Derek came here, because people (Vince) are forgetting he came here to further his agenda of being an industry parasite).

People need to give him a sliver of respect just for the fact that he did have a family and I would never want my family to read or hear all the bad things that people could say about me when i am dead. 

If you don't want your family to read or hear bad things about you, here are some tips for when you are alive:

- Don't pose for naked pictures
- Don't run a webcam website
- Don't threaten people with all manner of ridiculous things (death, etc)
- Don't pump substances into yourself like a fool

Because, regardless of what happens in a RIP thread, none of that stuff above is going anywhere, from google. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
This is a little website on the internet, not real life.

Common decency is a moot point.  This is the internet.

This doesn't excuse all manner of negative or hurtful posts. Actually, it is a cop-out statement.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »

If you don't want your family to read or hear bad things about you, here are some tips for when you are alive:

- Don't pose for naked pictures
- Don't run a webcam website
- Don't threaten people with all manner of ridiculous things (death, etc)
- Don't pump substances into yourself like a fool

Because, regardless of what happens in a RIP thread, none of that stuff above is going anywhere, from google. 

This is wise advice.