Author Topic: Pretty white girl shot and killed by dumbass redneck 'friend'  (Read 4253 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Pretty white girl shot and killed by dumbass redneck 'friend'
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2013/12/09/noblesville-man-arrested-in-shooting-of-girl-16/3915037/

Two years after Aubrey Peters was hailed as a hero for helping save two children who fell through ice on Morse Reservoir, grieving teens gathered near that scene Monday night to remember the teenage girl who died this past weekend in what is believed to be an accidental shooting.

Hundreds gathered on the shoreline of Morse Beach Park in Noblesville at a candlelight vigil to remember Peters, 16, who died Sunday after a man shot her with a handgun he thought would be empty, court documents say.

Jacob Travis McDaniel, 20, Noblesville, was charged Monday afternoon with reckless homicide in the death of Peters.

Students from Noblesville and nearby high schools paid tribute to Peters, who was a junior at Noblesville High School, by releasing balloons beneath a tree so their tethers would tangle in branches and become suspended in the freezing air.

Joe Hodson, Peters' boyfriend, was surrounded by friends as he walked away from a row of candles along the water. He used his finger to write a message in the snow: "JH + AP forever."

Peters' tragic death shook many of the students who braved 20-degree temperatures for the impromptu vigil. Those who knew Peters spoke of her positive energy, her nonjudgmental personality and her willingness to help those she didn't know.

In 2010, that giving nature was on display when Peters helped save two girls who fell into ice-covered Morse Reservoir. Others at the vigil described her talent for art, particularly portrait drawings.

Hodson, an Indiana University freshman, said the world was cheated by Peters' death.

"Aubrey gave her all into everything. As her boyfriend, I know that.

"This should not have happened to her. She did not deserve to die. ... She is the kind of person meant to change the world, not die at the age of 16 due to some negligence with a handgun."

McDaniel appeared Monday in Hamilton Superior Court, where he also was charged with pointing a firearm. According to a probable cause affidavit, McDaniel, Peters and two other men were in McDaniel's house in the 8200 block of River Run Place about 11:20p.m. Sunday when the shooting occurred.

According to the affidavit, McDaniel was showing Peters and the two other men a shotgun and a handgun. Dajuan Williams, one of the men, told police that "McDaniel tried to get Aubrey to hold the gun, but she didn't want to."

At that point, Williams told police, McDaniel ejected the magazine from the gun, pointed the weapon at Peters, took the safety off and pulled the trigger.

McDaniel apparently thought the gun was empty, the affidavit said, but when he pulled the trigger, a round fired.

"Aubrey clutched her chest and said, 'What just happened?'" the affidavit said. Williams told police that while he attempted to help Peters, McDaniel gave the men a story to tell police.

"McDaniel then stated, 'The story is the gun fell off the table and went off,'" the affidavit said.

Police arrived shortly after the shooting, and officers tried unsuccessfully to revive Peters until medics arrived, said Noblesville Police Lt. Bruce Barnes. Peters was taken to St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

After interviewing witnesses, police arrested McDaniel, Barnes said.

McDaniel's bond was set at $15,000. A pretrial hearing was set for Feb. 21. The reckless homicide charge is a Class C felony punishable by two to eight years in prison. Pointing a firearm is a Class D felony punishable by six months to three years in prison.

The apparently accidental fatal shooting was the second in as many days in the Indianapolis area. On Saturday, a 3-year-old boy in a Northside home pulled a loaded gun off a kitchen counter and shot himself in the head, police said.

Marion County prosecutor's officials said Monday they didn't know whether charges would be filed in that case.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Pretty white girl shot and killed by dumbass redneck 'friend'
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »

No racist...because 'stupid' is not a race (yet).

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
At a house with three other men "looking at guns"  ???

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
U.S.A. ! 

U.S.A. !

U.S.A. !

(You fucking idiots and your gun culture.)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »
Always assume a gun is LOADED

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
He should get more than 8 years for this. Poor girl. And how he tried to lie and get the other dudes to cover for him, wtf, did anybody's parents teach them to take responsibility for their actions?

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
U.S.A. ! 

U.S.A. !

U.S.A. !

(You fucking idiots and your gun culture.)
yes because guns kill people right..... wrong dumbass people kill people, stupid people kill people.  I can't stand you fucking morons that scream about our gun culture.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »

Damn right.  What a bonehead.  He was probably trying to show off and get out of the friend zone.
A

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
He should get more than 8 years for this. Poor girl. And how he tried to lie and get the other dudes to cover for him, wtf, did anybody's parents teach them to take responsibility for their actions?

How does a fuckstick like this obtain firearms in the first place?  He couldn't just point the gun at the TV and pull the trigger?  What a worthless fucking piece of shit.

If he dies, he dies.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »
yes because guns kill people right..... wrong dumbass people kill people, stupid people kill people.  I can't stand you fucking morons that scream about our gun culture.
Stupid people WITH GUNS kill people. ::) You yahoos will never learn.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
"Gun culture" the new phrase for the koolaid drinkers...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »

LOL at the possibility of an unloaded gun.  Impossible.  It's like a getbigger without a ten inch cock or supermodel wife.  Just doesn't happen.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »

and with any other weapon they might have on them. Bitch.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »
Don't tread on me.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »
No racist...because 'stupid' is not a race (yet).
If you were so concerned with not being racist you wouldn't have mentioned the victims race in the OP. Typical 'no offense but...' post.  I could give a shit about racism or being PC but at least own up to your obvious intentions....Either you are racist, or simply wanted attention by bringing race into the issue unnecessarily.  Bitch.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »

Let me guess, when Euros and Asians comment on our "gun culture", there it will be
"Stupid people with Knives kill people"?

Or how about "Stupid people with Sticks kill people"?

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 01:12:06 AM »
Yes that's why in the UK it has become illegal to carry a knive. You can't have the highest gun crime AND the highest number of incarcerated criminals in THE WORLD and still say there's no problem. Guns do not make you safer.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »
Yes that's why in the UK it has become illegal to carry a knive. You can't have the highest gun crime AND the highest number of incarcerated criminals in THE WORLD and still say there's no problem. Guns do not make you safer.

Does every one else in the world walk around in fear, worried constantly about how "safe" various laws have made things for them? 

The safety issue isn't my primary concern with guns. 
I'd be "safer" if cars were illegal, but I like driving to work instead of walking.  I grew up "plinking" with a .22 and some of my favorite memories are shooting my .410 as a kid.  I enjoy hunting today and look at the safety issue in the same manner I do with vehicle safety while driving to work
Y