Author Topic: Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?  (Read 12522 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
Been doing a lot of thinking as of late...taking  inventory and going through articles regarding aspartame. Bodybuilders that "overload" with diet coke/pepsi vs. bodybuilders who refresh their bodies with natural spring/filtered water. We all know that bodybuilders fill up and slake there thirst and hunger with diet soda.  

Is there a link? Seriously, this needs to be investigated.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »
Been doing a lot of thinking as of late...taking  inventory and going through articles regarding aspartame. Bodybuilders that "overload" with diet coke/pepsi vs. bodybuilders who refresh their bodies with natural spring/filtered water. We all know that bodybuilders fill up and slake there thirst and hunger with diet soda.  

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

I am not sure how rampant drinking of diet drinks is among bodybuilders, but diet drinks when consumed in large quantities seem to be as unhealthy as anything that is consumed to excess.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
Brilliant suggestion, Clouseau, let's focus on the diet coke.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:22:41 PM »
Nah. It's just regular abuse, stupidity and the inability to reinvent themselves as 'normal' people that doesn't look 'huge' all the time. We've all seen these helpless people down the gym,  Stuck in an endless loop, never growing up.

I really won't be surprised if Ronnie is next.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:38:50 PM »
I've witnessed two bodybuilders drink almost a case (24 count) of diet coke in one day.

Results of the most thorough study of Aspartame ever done on the link to cancer in humans, show that as little as one diet soda daily may increase the risk for leukemia in men and women, and for multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma in men

The combined results of this new study showed that just one 12-fl oz. can (355 ml) of diet soda daily leads to:

- 42 percent higher leukemia risk in men and women (pooled analysis)
- 102 percent higher multiple myeloma risk (in men only)
- 31 percent higher non-Hodgkin lymphoma risk (in men only)

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 11:41:19 PM »
 shit    every thing kills us

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:44:58 PM »
I just put down my double big gulp of diet Pepsi to think about this

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »
damn it i still got half gallon of pepsi max to finish
T

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10408440701516184

Regarding the study, aspartame is by far the least dangerous substance what they are using. It is true that aspartame is very very dangerous, in the foil hat articles about it, but in the scientific point of view and by the studies, that isn't quite true  ;D

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:34 AM »
Alot of bodybuilding supplements (whey proteins,pre workouts etc)have either aspartame or sucralose in them both of which are registered as a toxin by the body.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 12:40:35 AM »
The Food and Drug Administration warned Americans for years about the dangers of aspartame

In truth, for 16 years, no FDA Commissioner would allow aspartame on the market and all comments were that aspartame had never been proven safe. At the time, Donald Rumsfeld, CEO of Searle - the manufacturer of aspartame - had no concern that aspartame could not be proven safe. As mentioned in the United Press International investigation of aspartame and the congressional record, Rumsfeld said he would call in his markers and get it approved anyway.

You see, back in 1980, Rumsfeld was on the Ronald Reagan transition team and the day after Reagan become President of the United States - he appointed an FDA Commissioner who would approve aspartame (without question) - that man was Arthur Hull Hayes. Hayes over turned the Board of Inquiry, on July 15, l981, and allowed aspartame to be sold to the American people.

You should also know that Hayes went on to work for the PR Agency of the manufacturer (Searle) at what some say was $1,000.00 a day, and has refused to talk to the press ever since. So, again, safety had nothing to do with the approval of aspartame, just a political ploy by Rumsfeld, and he made a lot of money at the expense of human life.

Eating (or drinking) artificial sweeteners will make you sick and fat

A 14-year study of 66,118 women - backed by many other studies in the past - revealed that drinking diet beverages are worse than sugar-sweetened drinks. This most recent study, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, has some serious health warnings, such as:

1. Diet sodas put you at greater risk for diabetes versus sugar-sweetened sodas.

2. Women that drink (1) 12-ounce diet soda had a 33 percent increased risk of type-2 diabetes, and if they drink (1) 20-ounce soda then the risk is increased by 66 percent.

3. Drinking diet sodas will slow down the metabolism - preventing us from burning calories.

4. Diet sodas actually make you more hungry and crave more sugary foods like, pasta and bread.

5. In addition, population studies reveal that diet soda drinkers increase their risk for obesity by 200 percent!

Don't be fooled by false propaganda and marketing ploys. Aspartame affects brain tissue; destroys nerve cell integrity; creates lesions or holes where cell death occurred plus much more. Get informed about the dangers of artificial sweeteners - before it's too late.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
The Food and Drug Administration warned Americans for years about the dangers of aspartame

In truth, for 16 years, no FDA Commissioner would allow aspartame on the market and all comments were that aspartame had never been proven safe. At the time, Donald Rumsfeld, CEO of Searle - the manufacturer of aspartame - had no concern that aspartame could not be proven safe. As mentioned in the United Press International investigation of aspartame and the congressional record, Rumsfeld said he would call in his markers and get it approved anyway.

You see, back in 1980, Rumsfeld was on the Ronald Reagan transition team and the day after Reagan become President of the United States - he appointed an FDA Commissioner who would approve aspartame (without question) - that man was Arthur Hull Hayes. Hayes over turned the Board of Inquiry, on July 15, l981, and allowed aspartame to be sold to the American people.

You should also know that Hayes went on to work for the PR Agency of the manufacturer (Searle) at what some say was $1,000.00 a day, and has refused to talk to the press ever since. So, again, safety had nothing to do with the approval of aspartame, just a political ploy by Rumsfeld, and he made a lot of money at the expense of human life.

Eating (or drinking) artificial sweeteners will make you sick and fat

A 14-year study of 66,118 women - backed by many other studies in the past - revealed that drinking diet beverages are worse than sugar-sweetened drinks. This most recent study, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, has some serious health warnings, such as:

1. Diet sodas put you at greater risk for diabetes versus sugar-sweetened sodas.

2. Women that drink (1) 12-ounce diet soda had a 33 percent increased risk of type-2 diabetes, and if they drink (1) 20-ounce soda then the risk is increased by 66 percent.

3. Drinking diet sodas will slow down the metabolism - preventing us from burning calories.

4. Diet sodas actually make you more hungry and crave more sugary foods like, pasta and bread.

5. In addition, population studies reveal that diet soda drinkers increase their risk for obesity by 200 percent!

Don't be fooled by false propaganda and marketing ploys. Aspartame affects brain tissue; destroys nerve cell integrity; creates lesions or holes where cell death occurred plus much more. Get informed about the dangers of artificial sweeteners - before it's too late.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!

You have found one of the foil hat idiots main argument against all things in this universe. How? Well, if I say to you that common sugar had never been proven safe, I am just as right that these morons you quoted. If I say that salt or oranges had never been proven safe, I am also right, so will you understand my point? There is no way in this earth to prove everything safe, so they have to settle to study things which seem to be clear risk. It is quite hard to find scientific evidence for those claims in your quote, so how truthful they really are? Never think about that, have you?

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
You have found one of the foil hat idiots main argument against all things in this universe. How? Well, if I say to you that common sugar had never been proven safe, I am just as right that these morons you quoted. If I say that salt or oranges had never been proven safe, I am also right, so will you understand my point? There is no way in this earth to prove everything safe, so they have to settle to study things which seem to be clear risk. It is quite hard to find scientific evidence for those claims in your quote, so how truthful they really are? Never think about that, have you?

I never argued your point as I enjoy a delicious, crisp diet soda. I've been drinking Diet Pepsi since it was called Pepsi Free. My only problem is that these bodybuilders are "filling" up on this stuff. I was close to a bodybuilder who recently passed and watched him drink almost a case at a picnic. I understand drugs but this aspartame stuff does need closer examination. I'm not looking to argue...just food for thought. Everyone jumps on the drug train but these guys are also ingesting some serious quantities of food and beverage that may OR may not be healthy. Too many Kidney problems in bodybuilding...I think we found "ONE" of the causes!!!!!

This is written in response to the article entitled, "Diet Soda, Aspartame Shown To Destroy Kidney Function", which may be found at: http://naturalsociety.com/aspartame-alert-diet-soda-destroys-kidney-function

Aspartame ravages every organ in the body. A 1000 page medical text, "Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic" by world expert, H. J. Roberts., M.D. gives the mechanism by which it triggers or precipitates disease, http://www.sunsentpress.com Also, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills" goes into aspartame and MSG, by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., http://www.russellblaylockmd.com

The Ramazzini Studies have proven kidney cancer. http://rense.com/general68/tiz.htm and http://rense.com/general77/lowdoses.htm No way to get around it, aspartame is a multipotential carcinogen and should be removed from the market because it violates the Delaney Amendment which forbids adding anything in food that causes cancer. In original studies aspartame produced brain tumors and brain cancer, and more. FDA senior scientist, Dr. Adrian Gross, told the Senate in 1985 the FDA should not have been able to set an allowable daily dose because of the cancer. He said "If the FDA violates its own laws who is left to protect the public?"

Even a recent Harvard Study confirms the work of Dr. Morando Soffritti with aspartame causing leukemia and lymphoma and more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037772_aspartame_leukemia_lymphoma.html

As to safe sweeteners you have "Just Like Sugar" which is on http://www.justlikesugarinc.com

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »
shit    every thing kills us

No, nothing kills unless done in moderation. Even taking pure poison in relative moderation terms won't kill you. It's the stupid dickheads that don't understand the word 'moderation' or are mentally incompetent to realise what they're doing to themselves that give things a bad name. Steroid use is completely safe if used sensibly. However, you give dumb people a powerful tool such as the ability to alter your body's very biology and hormones and carnage insue. Derek Anthony is a perfect example. He didn't have the mental capacity to live long. If not steroids, he would've found another way to kill himself. Nasser didn't have the mental capacity to become just another fat bald Arab with a big stomach and zero definition. He had to keep injecting and abusing. It's a shame to have lost a man with such obvious intellect to a mental illness.

Kovacs is another example.

Do everything in moderation and you'll live a long, happy and healthy life.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 02:54:21 AM »
No, nothing kills unless done in moderation. Even taking pure poison in relative moderation terms won't kill you. It's the stupid dickheads that don't understand the word 'moderation' or are mentally incompetent to realise what they're doing to themselves that give things a bad name. Steroid use is completely safe if used sensibly. However, you give dumb people a powerful tool such as the ability to alter your body's very biology and hormones and carnage insue. Derek Anthony is a perfect example. He didn't have the mental capacity to live long. If not steroids, he would've found another way to kill himself. Nasser didn't have the mental capacity to become just another fat bald Arab with a big stomach and zero definition. He had to keep injecting and abusing. It's a shame to have lost a man with such obvious intellect to a mental illness.

Kovacs is another example.

Do everything in moderation and you'll live a long, happy and healthy life.

Agreed. I believe that many bodybuilders do have some problem with body dysmorphic disorder. BUT...you'd have to sit down and interview them to truly grasp what they feel. Competitions....further exacerbate the problem. And its instilled so far into their brains that when they are retired from competitions...they still remain "on" to a certain degree (majority-not all)
Another trend is women wanting abs. Instagram is loaded with these girls posting "inspiration" pics of female fitness contestants with rock hard abs. Why all of the sudden now? This is a trend that has happened in the last few years. Of course nothing wrong with being fit and toned, but some of these women want harder abs then men. What's causing this?

STAY POSITIVE!!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 03:06:51 AM »
The problem is probably that damn heme-iron.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 04:09:51 AM »
The problem is probably that damn heme-iron.
Yes Falcon will address this I am sure.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
Alot of bodybuilding supplements (whey proteins,pre workouts etc)have either aspartame or sucralose in them both of which are registered as a toxin by the body.
Both are nasty nasty stuff.  Better off with natural foods.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 04:39:56 AM »
"Could Aspartame Be The Cause Of Bodybuilding Deaths?"

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »
http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10408440701516184

Regarding the study, aspartame is by far the least dangerous substance what they are using. It is true that aspartame is very very dangerous, in the foil hat articles about it, but in the scientific point of view and by the studies, that isn't quite true  ;D

Who do.you think  funds the "scientific studies" asswipe? There never seems to be any negative studies on substances brought about by big companies..not even prescription drugs, until they start killing.people like lipitor and viox

Take your head out of the sand sheep bitch

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 06:08:18 AM »
Read an article last week about someone with crippling stomach pains,then a friend noticed all the bottles of diet coke in the fridge and mentioned aspartame,so they told them to get rid.Within days the pain was gone.I`ve had a lot of stomach problems now for a couple of years so decided to do the same,throw out anything with aspartame in it,and i feel much better for doing it.The article said it converts into formic acid in the body,thats the same poison that ants inject into you,and this leads to numerous problems.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:42 AM »
Read an article last week about someone with crippling stomach pains,then a friend noticed all the bottles of diet coke in the fridge and mentioned aspartame,so they told them to get rid.Within days the pain was gone.I`ve had a lot of stomach problems now for a couple of years so decided to do the same,throw out anything with aspartame in it,and i feel much better for doing it.The article said it converts into formic acid in the body,thats the same poison that ants inject into you,and this leads to numerous problems.

Yes and asparatame is literally the fecal matter of bio-engineered bacteria. But let the gmo and science heroes eat what they want  8) aint gunna be me with the health problems, and when they go.into the doctor he will say " yes it is caused by too much cholesterol" or "tests have revealed you are gluten sensitive or genetic predisposition" or some other vomit provoking excuse. Doc's are some of the most blind medical idiot dumbasses but they are bred this way in medical school

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »
I USED to drink diet soda, now I mostly drink green tea iced tea (home made)....  DELICIOUS!!!

Try it guys, you'll FEEL better!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
I USED to drink diet soda, now I mostly drink green tea iced tea (home made)....  DELICIOUS!!!

Try it guys, you'll FEEL better!

I have heard this can cause kidney rocks take care friend.