Author Topic: FLEX: The best magazine ever!  (Read 3542 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
FLEX: The best magazine ever!
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:36:27 AM »
u have 2 agree peeps that flex magazine rules.with awesome picture quality and less ads and nice traing articles flex is unmatched.....they give the best contest coverage of all.........FLEX OWNS MD
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
Re: FLEX:best magazine ever
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 03:01:48 AM »
Of course they do.

Especially the way the deny the drug issues and preach pro training styles for everyone.

You also have to love their unbiased views of the industry and they way they glady turn on people who only months before they were praising.

;D

Slick Vic

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 03:55:47 AM »
Flex is a good magazine. One of my peronal favorites.... along with Playboy.  ;D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 04:04:49 AM »
Its not even close.MD is light years ahead of FLEX in one trip to the bathroom.MD lasts at least 5 or 6 trips.Flex has better pictures but where is any usefull information?

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 04:39:04 AM »
Its not even close.MD is light years ahead of FLEX in one trip to the bathroom.MD lasts at least 5 or 6 trips.Flex has better pictures but where is any usefull information?
apart from Aceto's articles and the pics, the mag sucks donkey balls.  The contest coverage used to be great, but now, not so much.

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 08:31:49 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of bodybuilding rags, but I agree with most FLEX is best for contest coverage and training articles.  I like the real workout articles with black-and-white photos of the guys really training, like Coleman squatting 600 x 10 and springing a nosebleed in the last issue (Metroflex, baby!) and Jackson dumbbell-rowing 200 on the cover of the new one.   8)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 08:59:58 AM »
......FLEX OWNS MD

Their both Weider's American Media.  CEO David S. (as in small) Pecker ;D
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
Iv'e noticed lately that Flex is trying to be more Hardcore. For example the Federov interview with him training back in his russian slaughter house. It has improved tremendously in the last 6 months.

They are obviously trying to copy the winning formula for MD but without the honesty.(Avoiding the drug issue.)

Interesting to note on this thread that some people believe that Flex's contest coverage is better. I for one don't. MD has excellent photos which tend to include more candid shots. It also has well versed and accurate contest notes. Flex tends to have very small photos when covering contests.

Mind you, at least Flex dont have Julian Schmit writing the reports anymore. Greg Merritt is far better. 

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »
Peter Mc Gough is truly one of the good guys in this industry!  :
pain day

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 03:38:19 AM »
Iv'e noticed lately that Flex is trying to be more Hardcore. For example the Federov interview with him training back in his russian slaughter house. It has improved tremendously in the last 6 months.

They are obviously trying to copy the winning formula for MD but without the honesty.(Avoiding the drug issue.)

Interesting to note on this thread that some people believe that Flex's contest coverage is better. I for one don't. MD has excellent photos which tend to include more candid shots. It also has well versed and accurate contest notes. Flex tends to have very small photos when covering contests.

Mind you, at least Flex dont have Julian Schmit writing the reports anymore. Greg Merritt is far better. 
mate u r wrong.FLEX has definitely better photos and flex has some of the best contest coverage of all time..MD is full of ads.its like half of its pages r just crappy ads of no use.....MD IS A LOSERS MAGAZINE!!!!!!
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 07:26:28 AM »
u have 2 agree peeps that flex magazine rules.with awesome picture quality and less ads and nice traing articles flex is unmatched.....they give the best contest coverage of all.........FLEX OWNS MD

Let's face it:we purchase bodybuilding mags to watch freakishness. There is NOTHING that muscle magazines can teach us. FLEX has the same bullshit training articles of the other mags, but at least it dazzles and shock you with pictures of the top pros, unlike Muscular Development, Musclemag(ad for MuscleTech) and that Bill Phillips magazine(ad for EAS), who uses models for their pictorials. Since I'm not gay, I have no interest in looking at pretty dudes with six-packs. If I'm going to pay for useless information, at least I'm going to pay for useless information which comes with pictures of aliens(although it seems the aliens are on their bellies, ready to jump out ;D). ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 08:51:26 PM »

I thought Federov trained in a cemetery. If that's where he actually trains, how is FLEX's covering that copying MD?

No matter what FLEX does, MD and its fans will find something wrong with it. When FLEX was talking more about drugs, the guys at MD (Blechman and Romano, in particular) were ragging on FLEX for advocating drug use, even implying that bodybuilders were messing themselves up even dying to emulate then-Mr. Olympia, Dorian Yates.

This really picked up when Blechman's mag was in "Muscular Development-Fitness-Health"/"ALL-NATURAL Muscular Development" mode.

Now, Blechman and company bag on FLEX for avoiding the drug issue. This is funny, coming from from the same man who declared that no steroid-using bodybuilder would ever grace the pages of his magazine again.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: FLEX: The best magazine ever!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »
MD RULES !!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »
SWANK![/size]

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
   Just what kind of trips to the bathroom are we talking about ???
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
...all of you are DEAD WRONG when it comes to the MOST IMPORTANT fact about the magazines..INCORRECT INFORMATION regarding...WHERE FEDEROV TRAINS.  You see, it's simple...he follows a routine much like his Russian counterparts elsewhere in the world.  Leg day he trains in the cemetary, but ONLY the FIRST of the month, where he then trains legs on a bleak mountainside with only the simplest of rocks and tree trunks to use as equipment....the second and third leg days are as follows: the former, he trains in the local McDonalds Playarea as it's equipment is top notch compared to the slaughterhouse and it's never ending aroma of beef tallow really gets him to dig deep, deeper than most days of digging.  The last place he trains is, listen to me know and believe me later,  in a UNDERWATER VAT where he routinely holds his breath for SECONDS AT A TIME using anti-gravity RUBBER BANDS made from RUBBER that he manipulates somehow into muscle inducing trauma.  That's how he REALLY tore his pec, not that FLEX will ever admit that.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
I like it better than MD and MuscleMag.
(

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
I just got a 36 month subscription to FLEX!!!

It rocks!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 02:02:42 PM »
 you better off buying back issues. shown in order of quality.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »
then
F

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »
you better off buying back issues. shown in order of quality.
'Keep physically fit in the Kennedy tradition!?'  Working out with lead?    ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
altbalty
F