Author Topic: Broner vs Maidana  (Read 10700 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Broner vs Maidana
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »
;D

I like that about Maidana. He knew damn well that he had practically fucked Broner in the ass throughout the entire fight and then wanted to drive the point home with a little of his own medicine.

Good guy. I think Maidana has heart.

"1"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2013, 11:56:44 AM »
I like that about Maidana. He knew damn well that he had practically fucked Broner in the ass throughout the entire fight and then wanted to drive the point home with a little of his own medicine.

Good guy. I think Maidana has heart.

"1"

Yes he does .

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »
I have been a fan and student of boxing for 25 years.

Broner had zero footwork, and was putting his hands in places that ultimately led to Roy Jones Jr.'s demise (only at that age, RJJ had sufficient speed/skill to make fighters miss).

Maidana throws some unorthodox punches, and when fighting an unorthodox fighter, you MUST stick to the fundamentals, as the basics are there for a reason, they protect YOU, and they ultimately expose the flaws in your opponent.

Broner even holds his mouth open, which will further expose him to a knockout/broken jaw.  I saw zero fundamentals from a young fighter.  He has merely gotten by on his speed/ability prior to this fight, and he got simply outclassed and exposed for not having sufficient power.

I don't know what to make of Broner, honestly.  He is in an identity crisis.  If you plan on not throwing many punches, you better be a very good counter puncher when in trouble (he didn't), and if you are going to rely on speed, you should throw a lot of punches to keep your opponent honest, and score points with the judges.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2013, 05:47:36 PM »

Broner had zero footwork, and was putting his hands in places that ultimately led to Roy Jones Jr.'s demise (only at that age, RJJ had sufficient speed/skill to make fighters miss).

Maidana throws some unorthodox punches, and when fighting an unorthodox fighter, you MUST stick to the fundamentals, as the basics are there for a reason, they protect YOU, and they ultimately expose the flaws in your opponent.

Broner even holds his mouth open, which will further expose him to a knockout/broken jaw.  I saw zero fundamentals from a young fighter.  He has merely gotten by on his speed/ability prior to this fight, and he got simply outclassed and exposed for not having sufficient power.

I don't know what to make of Broner, honestly.  He is in an identity crisis.  If you plan on not throwing many punches, you better be a very good counter puncher when in trouble (he didn't), and if you are going to rely on speed, you should throw a lot of punches to keep your opponent honest, and score points with the judges.

this...
he just stands there... doesnt move and punch..... overrated.... got smashed
choice is an illusion

g.m

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »
 ;D the O R A N G U TA N got his ass whooped!!! wow ..really got thrown off his high horse he was riding on. the 2 oversized dudes helping him walk and holding his hands on the way to the locker room is epic. damn baboon got worked!

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »

Broner even holds his mouth open, which will further expose him to a knockout/broken jaw.  I saw zero fundamentals from a young fighter.  He has merely gotten by on his speed/ability prior to this fight, and he got simply outclassed and exposed for not having sufficient power.

I don't know what to make of Broner, honestly.  He is in an identity crisis.  If you plan on not throwing many punches, you better be a very good counter puncher when in trouble (he didn't), and if you are going to rely on speed, you should throw a lot of punches to keep your opponent honest, and score points with the judges.

Exactly! I haven't followed Broner's career much, but his coaches probably allowed him to get away with not perfecting the basics. His natural athleticism, accompanied with loud mouth and overconfidence allowed him to get away with doing so with lesser skilled opponents; so why stop it?. Back in the day my varsity football coaches did it all the time with our wanna-be-Michael Vick quarterback, along with our defensive backs who lacked proper footwork.

As a result, many of them left their respective colleges during their sophomore years due to no playing time, and being bested by others with proper fundamentals, and equal athletic ability...

...wannabe-Mike Vick never made it past high school. ;D

whitewidow

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2013, 03:30:13 AM »

He's a bit flat-footed, so he needs a punch to stay with 147 fighters.  Where is it going to come from?  He can beat the cans of the division like Paulie.

135 and 140 has plenty of sweet fights.  

If he stays in 147, he will rack up loses like Berto.

Yuriorkis Gamboa
Danny Garcia
Amir Khan
Lucas Matthysse

4 good fights for money between 135-140 but i think half of these guys would beat him.

I can't see him as a PPV star at 147 and that's the reason he is there, trying to cash in on FMW.  

Half the guys at 140 lb's are on juice and same with 147lb welterweights lots of them are juicing. fuck vada they are getting zero clients. berto got busted by vada and so did one other guy,Marquez got away with juicing for the 4th manny fight. marquez noticably looked way worse when he fought bradley. braley beat Marquez no question about it yet marquez cried like a bitch. same with Rios cried like a bitch when manny beat him up stupid

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:07 AM »
Exactly! I haven't followed Broner's career much, but his coaches probably allowed him to get away with not perfecting the basics. His natural athleticism, accompanied with loud mouth and overconfidence allowed him to get away with doing so with lesser skilled opponents; so why stop it?. Back in the day my varsity football coaches did it all the time with our wanna-be-Michael Vick quarterback, along with our defensive backs who lacked proper footwork.

As a result, many of them left their respective colleges during their sophomore years due to no playing time, and being bested by others with proper fundamentals, and equal athletic ability...

...wannabe-Mike Vick never made it past high school. ;D

Same with basketball.

Prior to becoming Getbig's U.S. version of Cleanest Natural, I was a serious basketball player.  In 10th grade, my tennis coach told me I had to stop playing both sports due to tournament schedule.

I knew some athletic freaks that could make people look like morons when they played one on one.  BUT!!!!  Basketball is not a one on one sport.  Even in high school games against what really were scrub teams they looked awesome, but you don't play scrubs in Division I college sports.

Not to take anything away from Allen Iverson's career, but had he learned some semblance of fundamentals, he would still be in the league when he lost a half step. 

BUT!!!  Losing that step exposed all of the flaws that anyone that knew anything about hoops already knew existed (plus, officials would let him get away with palming, which allowed for his crossover).  I could go on and on, but I have made my point.

It is like being an artist.  You don't go painting an abstract like a Dali with your first canvas, you have to know how to paint a bowl of fruit before you go outside the box.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »
what a let down this boner is

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
This is a site for loses baby.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
UFC lol
T

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
 :D ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
maidanas a beast watched him first hand destroy an old morales at the mgm few years back but the way he sets up and loops that right hand makes it hard to defend against when on the inside even more dangerous on the break, Broner needed to stick and move, on the inside Maidanas like a prime Castillo, I still think his fight with Mayweather was Floyds toughest, and could have gone either way.  

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »
maidanas a beast watched him first hand destroy an old morales at the mgm few years back but the way he sets up and loops that right hand makes it hard to defend against when on the inside even more dangerous on the break, Broner needed to stick and move, on the inside Maidanas like a prime Castillo, I still think his fight with Mayweather was Floyds toughest, and could have gone either way.  

Maidana's right hand gets alot of attention but it was his left that got Boner into all sorts of trouble.

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »
Can you all not see ....BRONER IS $HIT always has been  ::)

nuff siad

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »
Broner looked panic stricken and seriously embarrassed in that fight.

Maybe that`ll teach him not to believe his own hype.

whitewidow

« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »
I saw the fight on showtime just the other day and damn broner got beat down badly! Maidana is way tougher then he looks. Brandon Rios says he sparred maidana and beat his ass, But who knows if that is true garcia seemed to think Brandon beat him but Brandon did say it was a bad-ass sparing session,maidana probably didn't give it half the effort Rios gave it.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
Broner looked panic stricken and seriously embarrassed in that fight.

Maybe that`ll teach him not to believe his own hype.