Author Topic: Paul Demayo...  (Read 17596 times)

onelife72

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Paul Demayo...
« on: January 06, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »

hi people,
    Exucuse my ignorance on the matter but can someone tell me what was Paul Demayo's cause of
death and if there are any pics of him prior to passing???

thanks,
 Onelife72

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Re: Paul Demayo...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
think he over dosed or some shit

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 01:49:51 PM »
    hi people,
    Excuse my ignorance on the matter but can someone tell me what was Paul Demayo's cause of
death and if there are any pics of him prior to passing???

Paul DeMayo, nicknamed "Quadzilla", died of an apparent drug overdose on June 2 of last year in Boston.  He reached the pro ranks in 1994 but stopped competing in 1995.

This was published in the Boston Globe on June 5, 2005:

"Paul E. DeMayo: Of Medford, formerly of Malden, June 2, 2005 suddenly at age 37. Beloved son of Paul & Marion (Drane) DeMayo. Loving brother of Michael DeMayo & his wife Heidi of Peabody, Donald DeMayo & his wife Dina of Stow and Diane DeMayo of Saugus. Cherished uncle of William, Eric & Avrie DeMayo."

I read in print (I'll have to look for the article . . . but it's less than a year old, obviously, so that shouldn't be too difficult) that Paul DeMayo had had been addicted to Heroin for some time.  He and a friend "copped" some drugs together that night and then went their seperate ways.  Paul went home to his parents’ house, where he lived.  Both he and his friend died that night . . . so the assumption was that the drugs they bought were unusually potent.  His father found him dead in his bedroom the next morning.

Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon for a batch of super-potent Heroin to show up . . . sometimes all over the same metropolitan area at the same time (you'll even occasionally hear a public health announcement on the news trying to warn addicts in a particular city that this is the case) . . . This high potency Heroin results in a lot of deaths because addicts all over the city will inject the drug using the amount they would normally take, believing it to be a "regular" fix . . .  but this high concentration "junk" causes this "normal" size dose to actually be two or three times more potent than what they think they're taking . . . thus resulting in the slowing of the breathing and heartbeat down to the point of death.  That's what was assumed happened to Paul and his friend in the account that I read.

- Joel

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »
ultimately his heart stopped , thats how we all die !!!!

Sad realy -- R.I.P PAUL

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 02:40:37 PM »
wow no wonder he was called quadzilla
bodybuildersreality.com

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »
he could have been a legend, but he died a smackhead. If he got it right he would have been remembered for the right things
Scouser on Tour

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »
That quad flair is ureal

onelife72

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
thank you all.

-onelife

BigIronMike25

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 10:45:55 AM »
he could have been a legend, but he died a smackhead. If he got it right he would have been remembered for the right things

this is very true, but damn the guy's dead, take it easy!!!  like the ramblin freak would say "mourn the man, not the bodybuilder"...  RIP Paul

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 11:30:26 AM »
u could have goggled it... goggle rules  ;D
pump'em dump'em

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »

RIP

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
`

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 01:11:27 PM »
`,

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »
,`,

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »

if he hadnt become a smackhead he wud still be alive today!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 11:55:57 AM »
Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon for a batch of super-potent Heroin to show up . . . sometimes all over the same metropolitan area at the same time (you'll even occasionally hear a public health announcement on the news trying to warn addicts in a particular city that this is the case) . . . This high potency Heroin results in a lot of deaths because addicts all over the city will inject the drug using the amount they would normally take, believing it to be a "regular" fix . . .  but this high concentration "junk" causes this "normal" size dose to actually be two or three times more potent than what they think they're taking . . . thus resulting in the slowing of the breathing and heartbeat down to the point of death.  That's what was assumed happened to Paul and his friend in the account that I read.
- Joel

Sometimes it makes you wonder if this "bad sh$t" is put into circulation to kill off some of the heroin junkies.

I met Paul at the Southern States back in 95, was a real nice guy, very cordial....maybe I caught him on a good day.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
looked incredable...its a shame.
bodybuildersreality.com

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 08:04:14 AM »
May he rest in peace

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 10:34:16 AM »
He said his wife ruined his life and that's why he became a junkie.
It's the typical bright and sunny June 7 day in Southern California. But, writing this column is anything but cheery. You see, they buried Paul DeMayo this morning in Malden, Massachusetts, way before it was time to go. The man known as "Quadzilla", the 1994 NPC Nationals champion, was only 37 years old.

Jay Cutler, who was told of the tragedy by a friend from the Boston area, phoned me Thursday evening, June 2, to share the sad news. Jay was told that DeMayo's father, Paul Sr., found his son lifeless in his bedroom that day, dead from an alleged drug overdose.

Rumors of Paul's addiction to pain killers was wide spread; according to an official in the Medical Examiner's office, autopsy results were only available to next of kin. But, she did allow the fact that test results were not completed at that point and wouldn't be for 16 weeks.

Ironically, DeMayo had left me a message just seven days earlier. We hadn't talked in a couple of years, but who could mistake that inimitable, Bostonian accent. "Hey L.T., you there? It's Quadzilla. I can't believe the guy that gave me my nickname isn't picking up the phone. I can't talk long... I'll call you back." That call never came.
Here's the rest of the story.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lonnie7.htm

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 01:21:41 PM »
He said his wife ruined his life and that's why he became a junkie.
It's the typical bright and sunny June 7 day in Southern California. But, writing this column is anything but cheery. You see, they buried Paul DeMayo this morning in Malden, Massachusetts, way before it was time to go. The man known as "Quadzilla", the 1994 NPC Nationals champion, was only 37 years old.

Jay Cutler, who was told of the tragedy by a friend from the Boston area, phoned me Thursday evening, June 2, to share the sad news. Jay was told that DeMayo's father, Paul Sr., found his son lifeless in his bedroom that day, dead from an alleged drug overdose.

Rumors of Paul's addiction to pain killers was wide spread; according to an official in the Medical Examiner's office, autopsy results were only available to next of kin. But, she did allow the fact that test results were not completed at that point and wouldn't be for 16 weeks.

Ironically, DeMayo had left me a message just seven days earlier. We hadn't talked in a couple of years, but who could mistake that inimitable, Bostonian accent. "Hey L.T., you there? It's Quadzilla. I can't believe the guy that gave me my nickname isn't picking up the phone. I can't talk long... I'll call you back." That call never came.
Here's the rest of the story.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lonnie7.htm

interesting...thank you.
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 01:21:37 PM »
I used to live in Malden

Bad place to live if youre like drugs

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
Paul liked drugs... did he live there?? :-X :-X :-X :'( :'(
L

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 07:50:55 PM »
any truth to the rumor his career went downhill because he refused the gay for pay crowd? not strirring up shit, but rumor had it in 93 or 94 that he turned down an npc judge and was told
he'd be blackballed. someone out there has to have better info than mine
forget what you know

body88

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 10:27:48 AM »
Paul liked drugs... did he live there?? :-X :-X :-X :'( :'(

Born and raised   :(

body88

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »
No one is bustin his balls you cock pirate... I knew the guy and it sucks he passed away...

Did you know him

ok then