Author Topic: Bench press records  (Read 3845 times)

Brooklyn lifter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Bench press records
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:16:30 PM »
Does anybody know what is the RAW pound for pound bench press record??

One thing that really bother me is that in official powerlifting events, they use those plates that nobody (at least the casual fan like me) knows how much each weights. With the traditional plates, if a guy is doing 5 plates on the bench, we all know he is benching 495.

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
Re: Bench press records
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 04:18:42 PM »
i think it wa sin the high 6's by kazmeier   anthony clark did 741 reverse grip  not sure if he wore a suit for tha tor not

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
The raw world record right now is 715, it is held by Scot Mendelson. He weighed in at around 300 pounds and smoked it pretty easily in a santioned contest.
 I am pretty sure that Clarks weight was done in a shirt and Kaz has hit like 665 raw. But  right now Scot is the man and he aint some fat outta shape slob either, he looks like a offseason bodybuilder.

Wolfy!!!!!

Brooklyn lifter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »
Gentleman i was more referring to the pound for pound title. Most times of bodyweight benched (ie tow, three or even times). I know pocket hercules clean and jerk 3 times his bodyweight.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 03:02:24 AM »
i dont know about the bench but i think that Wade Hooper has the squat record, lb for lb.
Scouser on Tour

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »
My record is 135 lbs. man I am really proud of myself

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 10:47:24 AM »
Gentleman i was more referring to the pound for pound title. Most times of bodyweight benched (ie tow, three or even times). I know pocket hercules clean and jerk 3 times his bodyweight.

http://www.powermagonline.com/latest-news/records.asp

Marcus Schick set the record early in 2005 WITH equipment (650,4 lbs@165lbs), regardless federation. I know you were interested in the raw record but..

As a side note, it can be noted that when Marcus Schick decided to compete in the IPF (single ply shirts and drug testing) world benchpress championships later on the same year, he lifted 485 lbs@148lbs.

Schick got 4th place.

650 to 485 lbs.

And then some people say that the double ply that is used in WPO have no effect...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Brooklyn lifter

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 01:20:17 PM »
I always belive a sports can be more popular if the average guy can relate to it. Why and when did they start using the equipment in the first place???? Personally i am more impress with a raw 600 bench then a shirted 900.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 01:29:06 PM »

A friend I know used to compete about 20+ years ago....

he would weigh between 125-138 & his best bench was 425

No wraps, belt, no shirt no gear.

His dead lift & squat were equally as impressive.

His records all have been beat now.....but some of his lifts were incredible knowing that it was all done raw & clean.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »
A friend I know used to compete about 20+ years ago....

he would weigh between 125-138 & his best bench was 425

No wraps, belt, no shirt no gear.

His dead lift & squat were equally as impressive.

His records all have been beat now.....but some of his lifts were incredible knowing that it was all done raw & clean.
yeah, ok knny. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »
yeah, ok knny. ::)

Oh yeah...I would lie about a friend I know.

It's not like I was talking about myself.

::)

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 01:55:46 PM »
The raw world record right now is 715, it is held by Scot Mendelson. He weighed in at around 300 pounds and smoked it pretty easily in a santioned contest.
 I am pretty sure that Clarks weight was done in a shirt and Kaz has hit like 665 raw. But  right now Scot is the man and he aint some fat outta shape slob either, he looks like a offseason bodybuilder.

Wolfy!!!!!

I heard Glen Chabot (who has benched close to 700 raw) was back in training and has put up 745 RAW! He has also doubled 600 raw on inclines.  Good physique as well.

Bossa

• Getbig IV

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »
no offense but how the fuck are we supposed to know how much weight that is, that could be 5 plates for all i know.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »
no offense but how the f**k are we supposed to know how much weight that is, that could be 5 plates for all i know.

The links are from www.irongame.com  I don't think they have any interest in using smoke and mirrors to promote lifters, they have all kinds of clips of diff lifters, strongen and all that.  I'd trust it.  I know he did surpass Kaz's old 666 raw bench record in an official competition.  He tore his pec, was training to become a wrestler and now is rumoured to be back.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2006, 02:13:01 PM »
The links are from www.irongame.com  I don't think they have any interest in using smoke and mirrors to promote lifters, they have all kinds of clips of diff lifters, strongen and all that.  I'd trust it.  I know he did surpass Kaz's old 666 raw bench record in an official competition.  He tore his pec, was training to become a wrestler and now is rumoured to be back.
i don't know maybe i'm skeptical but that looked way too easy to be 675, i'm doubting it.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 02:19:20 PM »
i don't know maybe i'm skeptical but that looked way too easy to be 675, i'm doubting it.

I know, its ridiculous...but he didn't have a legal pause on the chest.  Anyways here is an old link with a brief history:

http://www.heavysports.com/emag/curtdennis/glenchabot.html

another article:
http://www.criticalbench.com/Glen-Chabot.htm

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Some damn strong lifters out there. :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
Some damn strong lifters out there. :o

Your not so weak yourself, stud.
No doubt about it...

Dtank76

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 10:17:29 PM »
dont know the world record, but i know of a natural powerlifter that benches 397 at 148lbs

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
My record is 135 lbs. man I am really proud of myself
Were you wearing a suit?
G

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »
I was off roids for almost 10 years and still did a 505 incline in a t-shirt.  Not sure if that is still drug free though.  My highest bench was 585 in a t-shirt and that was with my feet off the ground.  I was on 1cc a day of test cyp 200mg and that's it.  Never wore a bench shirt in my life and in fact never saw one till I moved to Hawaii in 89' There are crazy benchers in Hawaii.  I think there are 3 or 4 who bench 3x their bodyweight.  Plenty who bench over 500.  Even a girl who does 400+ at 170 lbs.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:41 PM »
I was off roids for almost 10 years and still did a 505 incline in a t-shirt.  Not sure if that is still drug free though.  My highest bench was 585 in a t-shirt and that was with my feet off the ground.  I was on 1cc a day of test cyp 200mg and that's it.  Never wore a bench shirt in my life and in fact never saw one till I moved to Hawaii in 89' There are crazy benchers in Hawaii.  I think there are 3 or 4 who bench 3x their bodyweight.  Plenty who bench over 500.  Even a girl who does 400+ at 170 lbs.
You forgot to mention that she uses a shirt when she benches 400+.
What about those 500+ benchers? Are those also with shirts?

As empty as paradise

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 11:32:11 PM »

hey Keith, is that Paula Suzuki you are talking about?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »
hey Keith, is that Paula Suzuki you are talking about?
Yes, he usually namedrops her every three months or so.
As empty as paradise