Author Topic: Ever measured your IQ?  (Read 10939 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Ever measured your IQ?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »
I'm a red-blooded 'Merican evangelical born again from South Texas soooooo 30?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »
well all your exgirlfriends thinks you are a pig so....  ;D
:D

i really tested in the 70s, and i tried hard.oh well.

i read that humour is directly related to inteligence, so i cant be that dumb.

maybe its related like the funnier,the dumber, but dont think so.

arent all iq tests a trick from scientology to sucker in the naive?youre smart come join us ;D
n

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 11:35:18 AM »
high 120s after taking the test hungover and sleep deprived.

all drugs - TPPIIP

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
I tried to measure my iq but i only have a yard stick....
sept 10th APF

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »
F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
I had my IQ tested in high school and was offered a scholarship to cranbrook.  I grow dumber by the year.
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »
Getbig iz knone fer itz hibrough sofistikaded humer.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »
I would pay for Wiggs & Anabolichalos IQ tests  :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
Pretty sure most academics could not give a flip. The only people who care about their IQ are those that are ephemeral.  ;)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
I scored a 42 on the wonderlic. Closest I've taken to an IQ test.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »
This was several years ago mind you, i'm more prone to get around 50-70 on any IQ-test these days, due to mental regression and my brain devolving back to a shapeless amoebic mass due to events in life Cheesy

^

:D ;D

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »
Getbig iz knone fer itz hibrough sofistikaded humer.

Hummer?
®

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
If Alex is 146 I'm 192.  ::)

Obviously the "IQ" (oh brother  ::)) test is useless.
so how do you measure it
a

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »
Pretty sure most academics could not give a flip. The only people who care about their IQ are those that are ephemeral.  ;)

...[But] I took the test, scored high, and became a member of Mensa.
     It was not on the whole, a happy experience.  I met a number of wonderful Mensans, but there were other Mensans who were brain-proud and aggressive about their IQs, who, one got the impression, would like, on being introduced, to be able to say, ’I’m Joe Doakes, and my IQ is 172,’ or, perhaps, have the figure tattooed on their forehead.  They were, as I had been in my youth, forcing their intelligence on unwilling victims.  In general, too, they felt underappreciated and undersuccessful.  As a result, they had soured on the Universe and tended to be disagreeable.

What’s more, they were constantly jousting with each other, testing their intelligence on each other, and that sort of thing becomes wearing after awhile.

Furthermore, I became uncomfortably aware that Mensans, however high their paper IQ might be, were likely to be as irrational as anyone else.  Many of them believed themselves to be part of a ‘superior’ group that ought to rule the world, and despised non-Mensans as inferiors.  Naturally, they tended to be right-wing conservatives, and I generally feel terribly out of sympathy with such views.

Worse yet, there were groups among them, I found out eventually, who accepted astrology and many other pseudoscientific beliefs, and who formed ‘SIGs’ (‘special interest groups’) devoted to different varieties of intellectual trash.  Where was the credit of being associated with that sort of thing, even tangentially?

... I stayed on in Mensa for years, getting more and more tired of it. ... Eventually, after both Marvin and Margot [two of the New York Mensans he acknowledged as "delightful and intelligent"] had died, I did resign.

- Isaac Asimov, I. ASIMOV: A MEMOIR

What Is Intelligence, Anyway?

By Isaac Asimov
What is intelligence, anyway?

When I was in the army, I received the kind of aptitude test that all soldiers took and, against a normal of 100, scored 160. No one at the base had ever seen a figure like that, and for two hours they made a big fuss over me.

(It didn't mean anything. The next day I was still a buck private with KP - kitchen police - as my highest duty.)

All my life I've been registering scores like that, so that I have the complacent feeling that I'm highly intelligent, and I expect other people to think so too.

Actually, though, don't such scores simply mean that I am very good at answering the type of academic questions that are considered worthy of answers by people who make up the intelligence tests - people with intellectual bents similar to mine?

For instance, I had an auto-repair man once, who, on these intelligence tests, could not possibly have scored more than 80, by my estimate. I always took it for granted that I was far more intelligent than he was.

Yet, when anything went wrong with my car I hastened to him with it, watched him anxiously as he explored its vitals, and listened to his pronouncements as though they were divine oracles - and he always fixed my car.

Well, then, suppose my auto-repair man devised questions for an intelligence test.

Or suppose a carpenter did, or a farmer, or, indeed, almost anyone but an academician. By every one of those tests, I'd prove myself a moron, and I'd be a moron, too.

In a world where I could not use my academic training and my verbal talents but had to do something intricate or hard, working with my hands, I would do poorly.

My intelligence, then, is not absolute but is a function of the society I live in and of the fact that a small subsection of that society has managed to foist itself on the rest as an arbiter of such matters.

Consider my auto-repair man, again.

He had a habit of telling me jokes whenever he saw me.

One time he raised his head from under the automobile hood to say: "Doc, a deaf-and-mute guy went into a hardware store to ask for some nails. He put two fingers together on the counter and made hammering motions with the other hand.

"The clerk brought him a hammer. He shook his head and pointed to the two fingers he was hammering. The clerk brought him nails. He picked out the sizes he wanted, and left. Well, doc, the next guy who came in was a blind man. He wanted scissors. How do you suppose he asked for them?"

Indulgently, I lifted by right hand and made scissoring motions with my first two fingers.

Whereupon my auto-repair man laughed raucously and said, "Why, you dumb jerk, He used his voice and asked for them."

Then he said smugly, "I've been trying that on all my customers today." "Did you catch many?" I asked. "Quite a few," he said, "but I knew for sure I'd catch you."

"Why is that?" I asked. "Because you're so goddamned educated, doc, I knew you couldn't be very smart."

And I have an uneasy feeling he had something there.

~ ~ ~

Autobiography by Dr. Isaac Asimov (1920–1992):
It's Been a Good Life

Richard Feynman had an IQ of ' only ' 125 and wasn't a fan of psychometric testing either and his intelligence far exceeded what the number suggests. These tests are useless for all intents-and-purposes 

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »
Even with an alleged IQ of 146, not interested reading all this shit ^^^^^^^^^
®

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
it's getbig, everyone has a score in the 130s here...

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »

Actually no. Read that thread again. there are some honest posters on here. Where do you stand?
®

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »

Not me.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2013, 08:53:28 PM »
intelligence is how an animal known as man use his brain to dominate the competition instead of using his fists, physical strength. "Intelligence" is just a tool to dominate and adapt, survive, a strategy of survival just like everything else that exists.

Intelligence is used to kill instead of being killed. Just like fists, guns, hammers stones and sticks. Intelligence is developed by weak humans in order to compensate for their lack of physical strength.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »
intelligence is how an animal known as man use his brain to dominate the competition instead of using his fists, physical strength. "Intelligence" is just a tool to dominate and adapt, survive, a strategy of survival just like everything else that exists.

Intelligence is used to kill instead of being killed. Just like fists, guns, hammers stones and sticks.

Wrong. It's evolutionary anti-entropy with the ultimate goal to shape the Universe in a predictable model and system. Terraforma is the next step in our evolution. 

Fix your camera kid.

®

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »
No, but I've been told I have an above average penis.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2013, 02:06:31 AM »
No, but I've been told I have an above average penis.

How's your ground game?

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2013, 03:39:33 AM »

Intelligence is used to kill instead of being killed. Just like fists, guns, hammers stones and sticks. Intelligence is developed by weak humans in order to compensate for their lack of physical strength.

MikMaq

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
;D
I will say with absolute confidence that i have a much higher than average IQ.
It's called an ego bias. Everyone believes there better than average but statistically half of us aren't over 100.

Richard Feynman had an IQ of ' only ' 125 and wasn't a fan of psychometric testing either and his intelligence far exceeded what the number suggests. These tests are useless for all intents-and-purposes 
I'm pretty sure that was when he was like 12 or 13, I don't think he was ever testable. His genius I believe was from synatesia

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2013, 03:54:23 AM »
Not to brag but I bet I have the highest on this website.
A