Author Topic: How long will the world's oil last?  (Read 6385 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: How long will the world's oil last?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Thing about the gaping holes left when we pump out the oil.  Parts of the world are going to collapse inwards.
We can only hope!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »
We can only hope!
Why they hate us ?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
Thing about the gaping holes left when we pump out the oil.  Parts of the world are going to collapse inwards.

And as Professor Emeritus Wiggs would state if he were here, these gaping holes you speak of are in fact, BLACK Holes.   ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Why put the use of natural law into our service when we can make everyone dependent of that primitive mean of energy and exploit it to maximum effect?

yessir. good post.
b

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »
Doesn't matter. Combustion vehicles are the past.

fuck you, stay away from my internal combustion engine

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
ROFLMAO, ok.

I worked for BP oil in corporate research. There was a concern that oil (as in easy to extract oil) would run out in the 90's. That's why BP ran the world's largest solar cell research project at the time. I was part of it. They also funded Nuclear Fusion using the inertial confinement method. I was there.

Over time the data and models were coming in that  showed we weren't running out as had been thought. So these renewable energy projects ultimately were canned.  The "Peak Oil Theory" really is just a theory. We can't accurately predict the future on anything. Who could see the oil shale boom that we are now in the middle of?

What ultimately will spell the demise of oil is the combination of environmental and geopolitical factors. I'm just fine with that. Oil is messy, leads to very nasty wars, and is better suited as a petrochemical feedstock for things like medicines, plastics and advanced materials.

And ultimately, Synthol and anabolics, of course, lol. (Bodybuilding related)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
And as Professor Emeritus Wiggs would state if he were here, these gaping holes you speak of are in fact, BLACK Holes.   ;D
Hahahaha
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
Oil will not be a problem for 100s of years with a projected population of 9.5 billion

Since alternative technologies are coming on line already, mostly because of the price of oil is going up due to environmental taxes and laws, oil will never be an issue, but phased out, with 100 years still remaining in the ground.

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »
According to some the oil won't run out because it's not what we were told it is.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/on-energy/2011/09/14/abiotic-oil-a-theory-worth-exploring

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
According to some the oil won't run out because it's not what we were told it is.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/on-energy/2011/09/14/abiotic-oil-a-theory-worth-exploring
well abiotic doesnt mean we cant use up all before enough recovers-ise remade again.

who cares, we could still live like 150 years ago all good.

would be good for the ftties to be forced to cut bit wood for heating.
n

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
I worked for BP oil in corporate research. There was a concern that oil (as in easy to extract oil) would run out in the 90's. That's why BP ran the world's largest solar cell research project at the time. I was part of it. They also funded Nuclear Fusion using the inertial confinement method. I was there.

Over time the data and models were coming in that  showed we weren't running out as had been thought. So these renewable energy projects ultimately were canned.  The "Peak Oil Theory" really is just a theory. We can't accurately predict the future on anything. Who could see the oil shale boom that we are now in the middle of?

What ultimately will spell the demise of oil is the combination of environmental and geopolitical factors. I'm just fine with that. Oil is messy, leads to very nasty wars, and is better suited as a petrochemical feedstock for things like medicines, plastics and advanced materials.

And ultimately, Synthol and anabolics, of course, lol. (Bodybuilding related)

What do you know about the oil companies paying off the auto industry to kill the electric car in the 90's?

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »
well abiotic doesnt mean we cant use up all before enough recovers-ise remade again.

who cares, we could still live like 150 years ago all good.

would be good for the ftties to be forced to cut bit wood for heating.

This is also true. To be dependent on oil only serves the best interests of a few and it's past time we come up with better sources and tell the oil companies to go fuck themselves. We will still need oil, just not for fuel but for biceps peaks and lubrication.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:57 PM »
This is also true. To be dependent on oil only serves the best interests of a few and it's past time we come up with better sources and tell the oil companies to go fuck themselves. We will still need oil, just not for fuel but for biceps peaks and lubrication.
actualy i dont mean a better replacement, maybe there will be one some day.

but i wouldnt mind going back to the old standards,lol, jjust to see many fatties struggle with that enviroment.

;D

n