Author Topic: The power of the mind  (Read 1205 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
The power of the mind
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:14:12 AM »
A guy I kinda know was in the gym this morning lifting some serious heavy shit easily. I had nt seen him lift like that before. He had amazing intensity. I asked him what gives he said his daughter was killed in a car crash last week so hes trying to work out some of the grief. Power of the mind. If we could harness it we d be unstoppable.

beverast

• Getbig III
Re: The power of the mind
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 04:17:05 AM »
So what you're saying is that I'm only a loved one's death away from a new PR?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Well yeh

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »
Well yeh
brilliant. Best gimmick on any site EVER

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »
thats a good fake story bro
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »
A guy I kinda know was in the gym this morning lifting some serious heavy shit easily. I had nt seen him lift like that before. He had amazing intensity. I asked him what gives he said his daughter was killed in a car crash last week so hes trying to work out some of the grief. Power of the mind. If we could harness it we d be unstoppable.

i have a neighbour i dont like. i could use a good workout tomorrow. coincidence? i think not.
b

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:11 PM »
First time I pulled a 500 dead was after I broke up with my last gf.

Was stuck at 465 for WEEKS!!  8)

Anger strength is real.

dustin

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
When I hit my heaviest lifts, it was all to make other people around me feel insecure and bad about themselves.

I hate idiots looking at me in the gym. Then you throw up some heavy ass weights and watch as their egos shrink. Still looking, weaklings? Nope, looking at the ground like I thought. Feels good, man. 8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
When I hit my heaviest lifts, it was all to make other people around me feel insecure and bad about themselves.

I hate idiots looking at me in the gym. Then you throw up some heavy ass weights and watch as their egos shrink. Still looking, weaklings? Nope, looking at the ground like I thought. Feels good, man. 8)

in all fairness they gaze upon me with wonder- how could God have made a man so handsome and muscular? instead of alienating them with feats of strength, i train lightly in their presence. instead of resenting me for my perfection, they appreciate me for my thoughtfulness. typically this results in 'the bro nod' when i am done my sets.
b

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 08:36:44 AM »
in all fairness they gaze upon me with wonder- how could God have made a man so handsome and muscular? instead of alienating them with feats of strength, i train lightly in their presence. instead of resenting me for my perfection, they appreciate me for my thoughtfulness. typically this results in 'the bro nod' when i am done my sets.

;D

good to have you back  8)
T

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
Mind is a powefull thing.
In our street a little 110lb young mother punched her way through a double glazed window and clawed her way through leaving her fingers needing surgically reattached and skin on her arm hanging to get her 4 year old son out of the burning house.
Inspirational stuff

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:37 AM »
with my mind i can become mr olympiaa

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
Classic
a