Author Topic: does beer make you lose hair  (Read 2098 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
does beer make you lose hair
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
it seemed so this morning as i was rubing my scalp vigorously i could get about 15-20 hairs to comeout total. ive been drinking latley and this is the first time ive done the scalp test, it maybe less tommorrow when i do this scalp test. im only having two beers. been haveing about 2 perday and ill have a few tablespoons of aluminum free baking soda  usually before beers

beer is good for just plowing through work an extra hour or so, on high high carbs beer is ideal it doesnt give you zits and crap it can still dry you out make your lips chapped in this cold easier, but everytime i eat a shitload of potatoes my skin regenerates. beer with high fat diet fucks up your system, you dont sober up you just become poisoned by the beer
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: does beer make you lose hair
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
Seems risky Johnny.

Anabol

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »
Whatever. If your dad is bald, you will be bald. Or you can make estrogen therapy and become shemale with full head of hair ! it's up to you   ;D

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:40:15 AM »
Whatever. If your dad is bald, you will be bald. Or you can make estrogen therapy and become shemale with full head of hair ! it's up to you   ;D

Not necessarily, plenty of guys I know with thinning or no hair and their fathers have plenty of hair, however, their uncles on their mothers side are all bald, so I believe that gene is passed down through your mom?

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »
Yes it does.

Testosterone increases in men after a low dose of alcohol.

Sarkola T, Eriksson CJ.

BACKGROUND Heavy acute alcohol drinking decreases blood testosterone in men due to an effect on the testicular level. An acute increase in blood testosterone levels after a low alcohol dose has, however, recently been reported in women. The objective of this investigation was to study the effect of a low alcohol dose on testosterone in men and further elucidate the mechanism behind the effect by using 4-methylpyrazole, an inhibitor of alcohol metabolism.METHODS A double-blind placebo-controlled interventional crossover trial in random order (n = 13).RESULTS After intake of alcohol (0.5 g/kg, 10% w/v), an acute increase in plasma testosterone (from 13.5 +/- 1.2 nmol/liter to 16.0 +/- 1.6 nmol/liter, mean +/- SEM; p < 0.05), a decrease in androstenedione (from 5.1 +/- 0.4 nmol/liter to 4.0 +/- 0.3 nmol/liter; p < 0.05), and an increase in the testosterone:androstenedione ratio (from 2.8 +/- 0.3 to 4.2 +/- 0.4; p < 0.01) were observed. The effects were not observed during pretreatment with 4-methylpyrazole (10-15 mg/kg orally), which inhibited the ethanol elimination rate by 37 +/- 3%.CONCLUSIONS Alcohol intake affects the androgen balance in men through an effect mediated by the alcohol-induced change in the redox state in the liver.

Anabol

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 01:28:46 AM »
So live natural. Drink few shots before gym !!!  :)

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 01:51:12 AM »
Dihydrotestosterone Falcon, dihydrotestosterone makes you lose hair.

It also makes your prostate block your urinary tract.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 02:11:56 AM »
Not necessarily, plenty of guys I know with thinning or no hair and their fathers have plenty of hair, however, their uncles on their mothers side are all bald, so I believe that gene is passed down through your mom?
This is true and dihydrotestosterone as stated from Novena already. My brother is bald.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »
Yesterday I had some kale chips, beans, grape juice and potatoes... Too much darn energy right now...

Who the heck needs stims...

chess315

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 11:05:51 AM »
  Beer in itself doesn't but if you stress your liver really hard it can cause you to lose your hair or lower you immune system for all sorts of things.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 11:08:12 AM »
hairloss is caused by an oversensitivity to DHT in the scalp, this is genetic

only solution is trying to lower DHT by using finasteride / dutasteride and pray for the best

no guarantees

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
From the pics I've seen you've had frontal thinning and recession for some time.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
From the pics I've seen you've had frontal thinning and recession for some time.
and you are only telling him NOW?

you sneaky bastard ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
Shizzo is bald

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
Shizzo is bald
at least he doesnt have dents in the cranium

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
it seemed so this morning as i was rubing my scalp vigorously i could get about 15-20 hairs to comeout total. ive been drinking latley and this is the first time ive done the scalp test, it maybe less tommorrow when i do this scalp test. im only having two beers. been haveing about 2 perday and ill have a few tablespoons of aluminum free baking soda  usually before beers

beer is good for just plowing through work an extra hour or so, on high high carbs beer is ideal it doesnt give you zits and crap it can still dry you out make your lips chapped in this cold easier, but everytime i eat a shitload of potatoes my skin regenerates. beer with high fat diet fucks up your system, you dont sober up you just become poisoned by the beer

do not bite the beer that feeds

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
Yes it does.

Testosterone increases in men after a low dose of alcohol.

Sarkola T, Eriksson CJ.

BACKGROUND Heavy acute alcohol drinking decreases blood testosterone in men due to an effect on the testicular level. An acute increase in blood testosterone levels after a low alcohol dose has, however, recently been reported in women. The objective of this investigation was to study the effect of a low alcohol dose on testosterone in men and further elucidate the mechanism behind the effect by using 4-methylpyrazole, an inhibitor of alcohol metabolism.METHODS A double-blind placebo-controlled interventional crossover trial in random order (n = 13).RESULTS After intake of alcohol (0.5 g/kg, 10% w/v), an acute increase in plasma testosterone (from 13.5 +/- 1.2 nmol/liter to 16.0 +/- 1.6 nmol/liter, mean +/- SEM; p < 0.05), a decrease in androstenedione (from 5.1 +/- 0.4 nmol/liter to 4.0 +/- 0.3 nmol/liter; p < 0.05), and an increase in the testosterone:androstenedione ratio (from 2.8 +/- 0.3 to 4.2 +/- 0.4; p < 0.01) were observed. The effects were not observed during pretreatment with 4-methylpyrazole (10-15 mg/kg orally), which inhibited the ethanol elimination rate by 37 +/- 3%.CONCLUSIONS Alcohol intake affects the androgen balance in men through an effect mediated by the alcohol-induced change in the redox state in the liver.
but this is assuming high test makes you loose hair, i beg to differ

heme-iron causes low test. in otherwords heme iron foods replaced with high carb plant foods would result in higher test (potatoes, rice, beans) this would keep in hair

people that get tanked on alcohol also lose hair
same with people that sit around too much lose hair

this is just my theories
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »
  Beer in itself doesn't but if you stress your liver really hard it can cause you to lose your hair or lower you immune system for all sorts of things.
i agree this is why i take precautions like being a vegetarian i dont want to stress my liver
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
i wish my hair line was lower i probably lost some hair line when young when i ate a ton of meat everyday around 16-23, im just glad i have thick afro-american hair
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
i wish my hair line was lower i probably lost some hair line when young when i ate a ton of meat everyday inearound 16-23, im just glad i have thick afro-american hair

It's just the odds, man.  You still have a ton of hair.  Every males hairline moves up as they get older even if they retrain their hair.  When you are young, you have a juvenile hairline which overtime becomes what is called a mature hairline.  For reference, the forehead placement of a male juvenile hairline is similar to a female hair line.  My hairline was so low my brother used to accuse me of being a Mexican.  Luckily it only receded a little as I matured.
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »
could always try foods/herbs for prevention. pumpkin seeds, saw palmetto, and green tea are DHT blocking foods/herbs.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 03:14:34 PM »
It's just the odds, man.  You still have a ton of hair.  Every males hairline moves up as they get older even if they retrain their hair.  When you are young, you have a juvenile hairline which overtime becomes what is called a mature hairline.  For reference, the forehead placement of a male juvenile hairline is similar to a female hair line.  My hairline was so low my brother used to accuse me of being a Mexican.  Luckily it only receded a little as I matured.
ive been posting on theboards for 20 years ive had a shitty hairline from day one on here even my old pics it looks recessed, i have done brilliantly by not losing any more
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »
ive been posting on theboards for 20 years ive had a shitty hairline from day one on here even my old pics it looks recessed, i have done brilliantly by not losing any more

But it's stopped dude which means you're not likely to see a huge loss.  You're golden,bro.  Don't sweat it.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
i feel once you drink more than the 3 beer mark your asking for trouble

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 03:18:15 PM »
But it's stopped dude which means you're not likely to see a huge loss.  You're golden,bro.  Don't sweat it.
i know but im worried about the beer, i want to up the beer to 3 a day but dont know if that will harm me you know
?
A