Author Topic: Only in Canada Folks... Only in Canada  (Read 11472 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Only in Canada Folks... Only in Canada
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:45 PM »
In addition to the best customer service imaginable, ...this is what you get when employees own the airline.

This could only happen in Canada!  :D

w

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: Only in Canada Folks... Only in Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
this happened in rudes city  :D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
a guy from here In Calgary won $40million in the lottery. he announced today that every cent is going to charity.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »
a guy from here In Calgary won $40million in the lottery. he announced today that every cent is going to charity.

Every time I hear that news story, I just can't keep from saying out loud "F-ing Moron!!!"

It turns out he's a retired CEO with an extremely generous pension, ...and what he has done is set up a family trust, and this trust will pick worthy charities to donate to.

I still think he's an idiot, ...and his pension will only last until some corporate raider does a hostile takeover, runs the company into the ground, pillages the pension funds, and declares bankruptciy. Hopefully, he'll be dead before that happens.
w

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »
Every time I hear that news story, I just can't keep from saying out loud "F-ing Moron!!!"

It turns out he's a retired CEO with an extremely generous pension, ...and what he has done is set up a family trust, and this trust will pick worthy charities to donate to.

I still think he's an idiot, ...and his pension will only last until some corporate raider does a hostile takeover, runs the company into the ground, pillages the pension funds, and declares bankruptciy. Hopefully, he'll be dead before that happens.

maybe he's holding back a ten percent admin fee for himself.  or like big charities, only 17% of the donations go to the actual needy.  that would leave him with about 33 mil.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
maybe he's holding back a ten percent admin fee for himself.  or like big charities, only 17% of the donations go to the actual needy.  that would leave him with about 33 mil.

He didn't found a charity, ...he founded a trust.
It doesn't receive donations from the public. It disperses donations to charities.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
Another "Only in Canada" moment has Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford & Council Speaker Francis Nunziata dancing with each other to Bob Marley's "One Love", only moments after being at each other's throat about an apology.

Anyway...one thing is for sure... Rob Ford does love his Reggae! :D

It was nice to see the Mayor and Michael shaking hands and finally making peace, ...but I love the way Michael looked at his hand afterward, as if just shaking hands with the mayor left something slimey on his own hand.

Ok... From the Huffington Post...

Rob Ford's Day At City Hall:
Two Apologies, A Joke About Getting Arrested, And A Dance Break

Alright, let's bring everyone up to speed about what's happening in Canada's biggest city.

On Tuesday morning, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was asked to apologize for suggesting, a day earlier, that members of city council were "corrupt." Though he retracted his remarks, Speaker Frances Nunziata said he needed to formally apologize.

"How about, 'I am so sorry,'" the mayor said sarcastically. "Is that as good as I apologize? Or, 'So sorry?' Which one do you want, Madam Speaker? Like, 'Super, super, super, super, super, super, super sorry? So sorry?'"

A little while later, Ford, who is currently under police investigation, pretended to be led from council chambers in handcuffs.

Incidently, the mayor's partner in crime, (figuratively) Giorgio Mammolitti seen in the above picture, subsequently got tossed out of council chambers. Oh what a circus, Toronto City Hall has become these days

A little while later, Ford apologized to Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale, saying he never meant to imply the journalist was a pedophile during a televised interview with Conrad Black.

Seems Toronto Star reporter wanted an apology from Ford, over his referring to him as a peophile in his interview with another media pariah Lord Conrad Black, who gave up his Canadian citizenship in order to accept the British title of Lord. The former media magnate saw himself raked through the mud by many of the newspapers he used to own

A little while later, Ford danced.

The mayor, Nunziata and a few others busted some moves Tuesday afternoon in what The Globe and Mail called a holiday dance break.

Around the same time, Dale confirmed that Ford's apology didn't go far enough because the mayor didn't retract anything and instead "blamed the media for its reasonable interpretation" of his remarks.

"His statement today didn't come close. I'm proceeding with a defamation lawsuit," Dale wrote on Twitter.

A little while later, Postmedia columnist Andrew Coyne tweeted the following:

"The mayor is a nine-year old. A 300-pound, crack-smoking, gangster-hanging, smut-talking, compulsive-lying, staff-bullying, nine- year old."

"It's like the plot of Big crossed with Scarface."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/17/rob-ford-dance-apology-arrest_n_4462004.html

Red bold are my own remarks.

For full raw footage, see: http://www.citynews.ca/2013/12/17/raw-video-mayor-ford-councillors-dance-at-city-hall/
w

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 10:27:26 PM »

Optimist. Haha.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 11:30:42 PM »

Optimist. Haha.

That is the optimistic approach.

Could you imagine how much he'd be kicking himself if that were to happen?

My friend's father retired at 53. He was an executive for Kodak, a company that had the highest paying dividend on the Nasdaq. 33 years later, Kodak was filing for bankruptcy, and he lost half his pension at the age of 86 (the half he didn't diversify out of Kodak) Just ask any Detroit city worker what his pension is worth today, vs. what it was worth last year. The citizens of Poland are about to understand what is means to take a gov swap on their private pension funds, ...something Americans are about to learn as soon as the USA nationalizes all the pensions, IRA's, and 401K's. Oh don't even get me started!  >:(
w

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »
In addition to the best customer service imaginable, ...this is what you get when employees own the airline.

This could only happen in Canada!  :D

nice commercial.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »
That is the optimistic approach.

Could you imagine how much he'd be kicking himself if that were to happen?

My friend's father retired at 53. He was an executive for Kodak, a company that had the highest paying dividend on the Nasdaq. 33 years later, Kodak was filing for bankruptcy, and he lost half his pension at the age of 86 (the half he didn't diversify out of Kodak) Just ask any Detroit city worker what his pension is worth today, vs. what it was worth last year. The citizens of Poland are about to understand what is means to take a gov swap on their private pension funds, ...something Americans are about to learn as soon as the USA nationalizes all the pensions, IRA's, and 401K's. Oh don't even get me started!  >:(

its scary, gov wont let the cash go, can't pry it outa thier hands

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 09:40:59 AM »
@1:08: "big titties"

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 05:42:59 PM »
@1:08: "big titties"

lol. He said Big TV.  ;D
w

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 01:22:50 AM »
lol. He said Big TV.  ;D

He said that just on time to save his ass.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
Best of luck to all you Manitobans out there, ...especially Winnepeggers.

It's bad enough you're having to endure minus 38 degree temperatures, ...but the recent multiple water main breaks that saw your city flooded with water cannot be fun, ...especially when it freezes your vehicles in place.

Now I hear with the windchill you're facing minus 55 degree temps. and no running water. Keep your chins up.
We're Canadians! We are a hearty lot, ...i hear spring will be here in about 3 months.   :-\

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/cars-frozen-in-place-after-water-main-breaks-in-winnipeg-1.1613546

w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »
that global warming is a bitch
K

jillymayr

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 06:38:04 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »
Yesterday in our nation's capital, it was colder than the South Pole,
Infact 1/2 of Canada was colder than the South Pole,
...and Winnepeg Manitoba earned the distinction of being colder than the surface of Mars!  :o

Heads up to anyone in Boston ...especially Body88 if he's still around. This cold is headed your way!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
It's Garbage Day Tomorrow

w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 02:00:27 PM »
Yesterday in our nation's capital, it was colder than the South Pole,
Infact 1/2 of Canada was colder than the South Pole,

...and Winnepeg Manitoba earned the distinction of being colder than the surface of Mars!  :o

Heads up to anyone in Boston ...especially Body88 if he's still around. This cold is headed your way!

Hardly a surprise since it is "summer" on the South Pole. 

Moron.
K

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
Hardly a surprise since it is "summer" on the South Pole. 

Moron.

And despite it being summer, ...researchers in the Antarctic got frozen in place in their boat and had to be rescued. Water that freezes your boat in place can hardly be considered "summer weather" by any stretch of the imagination.
w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
And despite it being summer, ...researchers in the Antarctic got frozen in place in their boat and had to be rescued. Water that freezes your boat in place can hardly be considered "summer weather" by any stretch of the imagination.

which just proves that you people who preach "global warming" (or "climate change"  ::) ) are full of shit

go kill yourself
K

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:56 PM »
which just proves that you people who preach "global warming" (or "climate change"  ::) ) are full of shit

go kill yourself

w

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »

::)

when you try to be serious you fail

when you try to be funny you fail

no wonder you're single and childless, reduced to spamming on a "bodybuilding" website at your age  "miss black ontario 1980"   

K

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »
::)

when you try to be serious you fail

when you try to be funny you fail

no wonder you're single and childless, reduced to spamming on a "bodybuilding" website at your age  "miss black ontario 1980"  

Attacking women you will never meet in real life. ::) Take a good look in the mirror James, you failing alpha seeker, you must hate yourself  ::)