Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 91013 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
cannot refuse business based on race, sex, disability, orientation, etc... you will lose

It's his business. If I see a gang banger come into my business and I don't like the way the he looks and I feel threatened (not that the gay couple was threatening) I have the right to refuse business and he can go somewhere else. I guarantee he isn't the only cake maker in town.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »
That's not true... You can refuse to service anyone... It is illegal to use those things to keep from HIRING people, but you can refuse to serve anyone for any reason.

This should help you a bit..... ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Title II - (Please Note That Its Been Expanded For Orientation and Disability)

The only exception they could have would be a defined private club....can't do that with a bakery
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »

WRONG....its a public business meaning that it has to follow state and federal guidelines.  You cannot refuse business based on race, sex, disability, orientation, etc.....that's the rules and if they don't wish to follow them, they need to find another line of work.

That's why we don't have "Whites Only" Restaurants anymore. ::)  

That is where the courts messed up.

You pole smokers are NOT A RACE.

How dare you compare your "struggle" to the Civil Rights movement?

Get the hell out of here with that garbage.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »

The only exception they could have would be a defined private club....can't do that with a bakery

fuck off w that garbage.  

He should put point in it.    

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »
That is where the courts messed up.

You pole smokers are NOT A RACE.

How dare you compare your "struggle" to the Civil Rights movement?

Get the hell out of here with that garbage.

Insults...insults....ver y pathetic.  But it doesn't change anything.  She bakes for gays or she goes away.....plain and simple
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

I don't think anyone is arguing whether its right to refuse to serve a gay customer but rather should it be illegal.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »
THhe gays can push this all they want...there is always a backlash. At some point enough will be enough. It happens everywhere. At some point we'll be sticking people in camps again. These people don't know when enough is enough. The guy made a business decision. If it does not work out then he suffers. Being ordered to bake for people....whatever the argument has been made by others on the the thread. Fuck the fags....fuck the left. I don't hate gays because they're gay...I hate the gay agenda. I hate the fact that a small vocal minority can't understand that most don't agree with there life style but are willing to live and let live...nope we have to like them as well. I have to love all things gay. I have to see it everywhere.....I bet most of the gays wish the gay agenda would just quit while they're ahead.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2013, 01:31:51 PM »
THhe gays can push this all they want...there is always a backlash. At some point enough will be enough. It happens everywhere. At some point we'll be sticking people in camps again. These people don't know when enough is enough. The guy made a business decision. If it does not work out then he suffers. Being ordered to bake for people....whatever the argument has been made by others on the the thread. Fuck the fags....fuck the left. I don't hate gays because they're gay...I hate the gay agenda. I hate the fact that a small vocal minority can't understand that most don't agree with there life style but are willing to live and let live...nope we have to like them as well. I have to love all things gay. I have to see it everywhere.....I bet most of the gays wish the gay agenda would just quit while they're ahead.

so if said blacks you would be alright with that

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »

Run your own business and you'll figure that out quickly that it isn't YOUR BUSINESS.

And whose fault is that?

You. You moron. Morons like you who don't mind government extending its tentacles into every aspect of american life. Regulating everything. With all these regulations that only serve to make the american public slaves to  a tyrannical government.

This is what obama crap care is about. CONTROL.

But, you left wing nitwits keep harping on the greatness of government.

And because of that, this business owner can't choose how to run his business. It has to be the government's way, a judge's way or the highway.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »
I don't think anyone is arguing whether its right to refuse to serve a gay customer but rather should it be illegal.

She can become a private cook for and chose the people she wishes to bake for.  However she can't have a public bakery.  That's the way it works

Coach can refuse anyone in his gym because its a private facility based on memberships.  
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
And whose fault is that?

You. You moron. Morons like you who don't mind government extending its tentacles into every aspect of american life. Regulating everything. With all these regulations that only serve to make the american public slaves to  a tyrannical government.

This is what obama crap care is about. CONTROL.

But, you left wing nitwits keep harping on the greatness of government.

And because of that, this business owner can't choose how to run his business. It has to be the government's way, a judge's way or the highway.

that's right it's the law you don't like it,oh well toooo bad

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »

The consquence for not servinbg these people is that you loose money....thats the long and short of it...but nope, the activist left legal system has to make things fair. Never mind that 2 thousand years of christian teaching tells this guy that homosexuality is a sin...nope, your a white christian so your fucked. You get no protection under freedom of religion. I just hope as this country changes that you leftists aren't left wondering what the hell happened. You did this..and when it all goes south you have nobody to blame but you.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »

She can become a private cook for and chose the people she wishes to bake for.  However she can't have a public bakery.  That's the way it works

Coach can refuse anyone in his gym because its a private facility based on memberships.  

It may be the way it works but its infringes on personal freedom.
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:57 PM »
We have 20 years at best.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 01:37:53 PM »

Insults...insults....ver y pathetic.  But it doesn't change anything.  She bakes for gays or she goes away.....plain and simple

It doesn't change that YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION IS NOT A RACE.

I wonder what Martin Luther King's opinion would be about you gays thinking that your quest to have the entire nation accept your deviant sexual desires is on the same level as the blacks' struggle for civil rights.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
The consquence for not servinbg these people is that you loose money....thats the long and short of it...but nope, the activist left legal system has to make things fair. Never mind that 2 thousand years of christian teaching tells this guy that homosexuality is a sin...nope, your a white christian so your fucked. You get no protection under freedom of religion. I just hope as this country changes that you leftists aren't left wondering what the hell happened. You did this..and when it all goes south you have nobody to blame but you.

I agree, that was my point.  I might not agree with his reasoning but I respect what I believe is his right as a business owner to choose who he does business with.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »
It may be the way it works but its infringes on personal freedom.

When you run a business, personal freedoms do not apply.  Chic-Fil-A is strongly against gays and lesbians however they cannot refuse service to anyone because its federal law.  The same applies to this bakery.  
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
Being gay...and being black are not the same thing. Its not even close. Historically gays have done a hell of alot better then American blacks. This another leftwing cause thats gotten out of hand.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »

When you run a business, personal freedoms do not apply.  Chic-Fil-A is strongly against gays and lesbians however they cannot refuse service to anyone because its federal law.  The same applies to this bakery.  

fuck off - I refuse to represent a lot of people like yourself cause I find people like you revolting.  My choice.  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »

Vince, as I mentioned multiple times, I understand that this is how it works.  My point is that it shouldn't be illegal and the law is ridiculous.
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
Is this the only bakery in town?

They can't go to another baker?

It has to be him. Only him? And because of that he HAS to give in to the whim of these clients? It's as if the owner is some kind of slave. You better bake us a cake or else!

Any business owner should have the right to sell to whom they want. IF people don't like it, they can go to another business.  They can tell friends and family not to patron that business.

NOooooooo. That's not enough anymore. Now the law has to come down on that business owner and threaten him with jail.

HEHEHEHE!! This is nuts.  The owner has the right to reject any customer he wants. The customer has the right to make their feelings felt and go on their way. That's it.

And............we're suddenly 100 yrs in the past......

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
That's not true... You can refuse to service anyone... It is illegal to use those things to keep from HIRING people, but you can refuse to serve anyone for any reason.

Lets see some legal links on refusing service to an individual based on color...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
Vince, as I mentioned multiple times, I understand that this is how it works.  My point is that it shouldn't be illegal and the law is ridiculous.

Really???  For any city or town, it would be a complete nightmare.  Imagine that you're a tourist and you decide to go to...lets just say the Mission Trace Shopping Center in Lakewood, CO.  I go in to a bakery...lets say the Masterpiece Cake Shop and ask for a piece of cake and they say "Sorry we don't serve fags , n iggers, slopes, or kike's"

Now visit their website....there's no indication or signs anywhere that says that they don't serve gays and lesbians.

http://masterpiececakes.com/  

When you have people like that around, all business suffer in that area because an upset tourist will not only storm out of that business but likely out of the entire shopping center and generally never return to that town...once they tell others, people avoid the place like the plaque.

Because of their actions, all the businesses at that Shopping Center have suffered....some of them have closed and/or moved away , all because of that one businesses acts of discrimination.

A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »

Really???  For any city or town, it would be a complete nightmare.  Imagine that you're a tourist and you decide to go to...lets just say the Mission Trace Shopping Center in Lakewood, CO.  I go in to a bakery...lets say the Masterpiece Cake Shop and ask for a piece of cake and they say "Sorry we don't serve fags , n iggers, slopes, or kike's"

Now visit their website....there's no indication or signs anywhere that says that they don't serve gays and lesbians.

http://masterpiececakes.com/  

When you have people like that around, all business suffer in that area because an upset tourist will not only storm out of that business but likely out of the entire shopping center and generally never return to that town...once they tell others, people avoid the place like the plaque.

Because of their actions, all the businesses at that Shopping Center have suffered....some of them have closed and/or moved away , all because of that one businesses acts of discrimination.

And they would quickly go out of business.  End of problem. That customers can't differentiate between the baker and the surrounding businesses only goes to show how dumb the customers are. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
Vince is a perfect example of why I have zero regard for these flamers' complaints.