Author Topic: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?  (Read 90535 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Anti-LGBT Baker FORCED to bake cakes for Homosexual Weddings?
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2014, 11:10:36 AM »
And there are good many people who before all of this did not even know about the bakery, let alone do business with them. But now will support the bakery because they agree with their belief and support their fight with the courts. It goes both ways.

True.  Happened with Chick Fil A.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »
It is not stupid if the bulk of their clients are not homos.

Homos make up 3%, maybe 4%, of the USA population. What? All of the sudden businesses are starving for their patronage?

These business don't need their money.

If they are suffering financially now is because of the legal expenses and the threat of additional fines by the courts.

so then substitute blacks and hispanics for the gays. a black couple walks in the store, dont bake 'em a cake. why be in business if your not going to do business? or do what restaurants do; post a sign that says we reserve the right to refuse service.
w

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »
The bakers mistake was admitting that he/she didn't want to bake it due to the sexual orientation of the couple.  The baker could have just flat out refused and said he/she was too busy with other orders and it couldn't be done.  When you come out and admit it's because of their gayness, that's when it becomes a legal issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
The bakers mistake was admitting that he/she didn't want to bake it due to the sexual orientation of the couple.  The baker could have just flat out refused and said he/she was too busy with other orders and it couldn't be done.  When you come out and admit it's because of their gayness, that's when it becomes a legal issue.

This does happen, although it's not without risk too.  Agencies send out "testers" to various places to see if a business is discriminating.  Arguably, it might be better to just be explicit about it than be caught in some kind of sting operation. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »
Just look at this thread.

The atheists can't stop talking about GOD.

I can't stop but I have a reason. I am a believer.

But why do non-believers or atheists dedicate so much of their time and energy into a GOD that doesn't exist, who according to them, is a fairy tale?

Only one word: DOUBT

Flawless deductive reasoning here, lol. 

Dario (and I mean this in a nice way because you're being brutalized here) do you realize how freakin' dumb you seem on this thread?  --  I respect your political beliefs but trying to explain your faith seems to reveal that you are not exactly a deep thinker. 

Here's some free advice:  Just say "my beliefs are my beliefs" and leave it at that.  Or, if you're in the mood to argue, do a little googling and see what your much smarter religious brethren have had to say (about the analyzed-to-death subject of free will) and then post some of what you've learned (and agree with).  Why try to re-invent the wheel, ya know?

BTW, you think like shit.  I hope this helps.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »

No - I don't think being honest is ever a mistake and I respect the bakery owners for being up front about why they won't bake the cake. Sadly, in the crazy society we live in honesty can be ill-advised.

And, I think, it's (almost always) a mistake from a business perspective to turn away customers that you can accommodate because of how they put their genitals together (or how they look or talk or what they believe in, etc), but to each their own.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
Bakery Will Stop Making Wedding Cakes After Losing Discrimination Case
May 30, 2014

DENVER (CBS4) - The owner of a bakery in Lakewood said he will no longer sell wedding cakes after the Colorado Civil Rights Commission ruled he did discriminate against a gay couple when he refused to sell them a cake.

Jack Phillips owns Masterpiece Cakeshop. In 2012, David Mullins and Charlie Craig went to the shop to order a cake for their upcoming wedding reception. They planned to marry in Massachusetts and have a reception in Colorado.

Phillips said he doesn’t believe in gay marriage and he refused to sell them a cake.
“We would close down the bakery before we would complicate our beliefs,” Phillips said after the hearing. Phillips also admitted he had refused service to other same-sex couples.

A judge previously ruled a business owner cannot refuse service to a customer on the basis of sexual orientation. Phillips appealed to the commission, but it upheld the decision.

That prompted Phillips to decide he would no longer make any wedding cakes. He said he would be fine selling cupcakes for a birthday party for someone who is gay but added, “I don’t want to participate in a same-sex wedding.”

The commission also ordered the baker to submit quarterly reports about the customers he refuses to serve and retrain employees to serve everyone.

For the couple, they said they always believed they were in the right and it was important to pursue the case for future customers.

“We’ve already been discriminated there,” Mullins said. “We’ve already been treated badly.

“The next time a gay couple wanders in there asking for a wedding cake, they won’t have the experience we had.

“They will have a responsible experience and leave feeling respected.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/30/bakery-will-stop-making-wedding-cakes-after-losing-discrimination-case/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
The owner of this bakery is an idiot and is taking himself way too seriously

It's not like he's performing the wedding ceremony.  

Business is business.  Sell them a damn cake and forget about it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »
Can someone please delete all of my posts in this thread? I think only the 1st one is there. (and this one asking for the deletion)

I'm so tired of this stupid fucking board I don't know what to do.

have you considered not posting

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
Can someone please delete all of my posts in this thread? I think only the 1st one is there. (and this one asking for the deletion)

I'm so tired of this stupid fucking board I don't know what to do.

It would be nice to able to to unsubscribe for thread notifications and not have it show up in "new replies to your posts".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #285 on: June 02, 2014, 07:59:09 PM »
I can't delete the first post since I made the thread, which means I can't delete all of my posts and it will always show up, genius.

yes, I'm well aware of this

I've actually spent a lot of time thinking how this particular form of expression is unique

I look at it like a big wall where everyone can just write what they want but you don't get to erase it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
Everyone can write whatever they want... I just want to be able to get off the train.

I have gone through MANY threads and deleted my posts if I can find them... some easily 100 pages deep... Fine... Whatever.

Just can't get off the ones I started... Which sucks.

It sucks that you can't hide your past statements ?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2014, 04:29:11 AM »
WWJB,  what would jesus bake
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2014, 04:52:06 AM »
WWJB,  what would jesus bake

A cake with big letters saying "GO AND SIN NO MORE!"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2014, 04:53:48 AM »
A cake with big letters saying "GO AND SIN NO MORE!"

Would the cake be in the shape of a dong?
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2014, 04:54:52 AM »
I kind of hope he spits in this cake he's being forced to bake.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2014, 06:50:37 AM »
It's God Will that he went out of business.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:51 AM »
No... I don't care about the statements... I just want to stop getting the goddam notifications.

I don't care that you've all quoted me or whatever... That doesn't mean shit. I just don't want to read any of the board's drivel anymore.

I'm tired of the politics boards because I consider most of you all buffoons and I just get tired of reading all of your bullshit.

Other than notifications of PM's I have never received a notification from this site so whatever you're getting there must be some way to turn it off or you should be able to block the emails

As to being tired of reading all of our bullshit I think the solution to that is more than obvious

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
Would the cake be in the shape of a dong?

I think you meant dung. Yes. In the shape of a big piece of feces to symbolize the current pathetic spiritual and moral state of all homos.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
I think you meant dung. Yes. In the shape of a big piece of feces to symbolize the current pathetic spiritual and moral state of all homos.

I'm trying to connect the dots here with you, Dario.

Now, you've admitted that you are an immigrant to the USA so it makes a certain kind of warped sense that you're very outspoken about your objections to other immigrants (especially illegal ones).

What I'm wondering now, though, is why you seem to have such a big problem with homosexuals.

Hmmmm. So far it's eluding me but I just know there's a pattern here somewhere...lol

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »
He immigrated from La La Land.  People that worry so much about queers obviously have something to hide. 

Self loathing is such a bitch.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
FKS SAKES.....bake the fuckin cake and spit in the batter....problem solved, everyone happy. End thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »
When I hit the link "Show new replies to your posts", all of the bullshit you guys say in threads I started shows up.

Including this one.

How do you not know this?

this is the honest truth

I barely even pay attention to this site

I've seen that link but I've never clicked on it

I just go to the threads that I recall posting and see if there are any interesting comments

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »
I imagine this was the talk in the 60"s when blacks were getting their rights

And back when blacks were slaves by law, you would have said:

it's the law you don't like it to bad

BTW, it's too bad, not to bad.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
And back when blacks were slaves by law, you would have said:

BTW, it's too bad, not to bad.

Ouch!
A