Author Topic: BitCoin loses 50 Percent of its Value overnight. :)  (Read 8633 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
BitCoin loses 50 Percent of its Value overnight. :)
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/18/bitcoin-plummets-china-payment-processors-digital-cryptocurrency

Digital cryptocurrency has lost almost 50% of its value overnight after BTC China said it could no longer accept deposits in the Chinese currency

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: BitCoin loses 50 Percent of its Value overnight. :)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
Vince G will not be pleased.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »
Vince is starting up a new ecommerce site as we speak.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »
Dubai, India -- +91 22 2754 6669

^

Fixed

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
Why would China do that?

I understand one reason is to focus on their goods consumer industry and move away from the service industry to build up a larger infrastructure but it seems like the world right now was competing for this new technology and then USA FinCEN made bitcoin miners a money service business (regulation restricting bitcoin) and now China doesn't want banks and payment processing institutions to deal with bitcoin at all.

What risks does this private non centralized alternative currency strike to larger countries economies? Its too small to compete with the centralized currencies, or is it? It's impact on exchange rates appears to be sustained within it's own rules. SilkRoad was shutdown eliminating a majority of the bad apples and even the senate hearing majority opnions stated cash is the best way to launder money. I'm stumped, it's a taxable asset (or can be), great idea and innovation, even is traceable and not as anonymous as people once thought. Seems like the only concern is volatility, but it's a non fixed alternative currency as opposed to a fixed rate centralized currency so it's going to be more volatile by nature.

I wonder if this was how the internet was viewed in it's beginning stages of public use

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
Vince is starting up a new ecommerce site as we speak.

LOL!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
There goes Vinces billions.
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
I just always imagined it would go up forever.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 03:34:50 AM »
We all know Vince is going to claim he lost millions due to this, and that's why he's still so poor.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 05:14:04 AM »
Vince G will not be pleased.

No I'm not pleased but I still have faith in it
A

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20:28 AM »
Bitcoin is the currency of the future. Early investors will be multi millionaires.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 05:33:04 AM »
Bitcoin is the currency of the future. Early investors will be multi millionaires.

What evidence is there for this claim?

agenda21nwo

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 05:42:43 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/18/bitcoin-plummets-china-payment-processors-digital-cryptocurrency

Digital cryptocurrency has lost almost 50% of its value overnight after BTC China said it could no longer accept deposits in the Chinese currency

It has already had a massive recovery.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
What evidence is there for this claim?

He's right. I just don't know if it's "Bitcoin" but it's going to be a cryptocurrency for sure. Greenspan and government research from back in the 1960's to when the Internet Bill of 1991 was implemented signaled a digital currency for the future. Th e GAO in fact insists the government start using more technology driven procedures to reduce transaction costs and the treasury dept. must make a currency in the future that is "accesible to all" (blind handicapped, etc.)

I would for sure enjoy hearing from some older members on their thoughts and views of when "e-cash" started coming out because people didn't believe in debit cards and pre paid value cards back in the early 90s.

We are at an interesting point in finances that is for sure and it's all because people don't believe in a centralized currency where government keeps printing "good" money to drive out "bad" money.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 06:23:53 AM »
lol.

haha.

well not even that but the delfationary tendency throughout this very year should tell everything.

if ppl were honest and say yaeh ok its speculation bubble and ill play, thats fair play. but not telling its better than the the us dollar.thats delusional.

the us dollar is backed by men at arms, period
n

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 06:25:01 AM »
lol.

haha.

well not even that but the delfationary tendency throughout this very year should tell everything.

if ppl were honest and say yaeh ok its speculation bubble and ill play, thats fair play. but not telling its better than the the us dollar.thats delusional.

the us dollar is backed by men at arms, period

You are a dumb fuk, period.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
why does the description of bitcoin and its processes' have to be so lengthy

if it was legit it should be easily understandable in 2-3 small paragraphs
A

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 06:57:15 AM »
When in doubt about money......do what Swiss Bankers do.

;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 07:11:08 AM »
Anyone who invested in this chinese backed scheme deserved to get fleeced.  I read an article on a huge operation in Hong Kong where they just mine coins all day with a large team of coders.  Fuck this shit.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 08:17:49 AM »
Anyone who invested in this chinese backed scheme deserved to get fleeced.  I read an article on a huge operation in Hong Kong where they just mine coins all day with a large team of coders.  Fuck this shit.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:42 AM »
We all know Vince is going to claim he lost millions due to this, and that's why he's still so poor.

at least he gets to sleep next to Queen Vissy each night.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 08:22:23 AM »
He's right. I just don't know if it's "Bitcoin" but it's going to be a cryptocurrency for sure. Greenspan and government research from back in the 1960's to when the Internet Bill of 1991 was implemented signaled a digital currency for the future. Th e GAO in fact insists the government start using more technology driven procedures to reduce transaction costs and the treasury dept. must make a currency in the future that is "accesible to all" (blind handicapped, etc.)

I would for sure enjoy hearing from some older members on their thoughts and views of when "e-cash" started coming out because people didn't believe in debit cards and pre paid value cards back in the early 90s.

We are at an interesting point in finances that is for sure and it's all because people don't believe in a centralized currency where government keeps printing "good" money to drive out "bad" money.

That E Cash was based on real cash, debit is your money.  BitCoins are make believe currency that hackers mine and get by adding a hash to the end of some code.  It is the ultimate Pyramid scam.  The early adopters are making all the cash while fools rush in to make a little cash on the hype.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »

Norway has said the same

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
That E Cash was based on real cash, debit is your money.  BitCoins are make believe currency that hackers mine and get by adding a hash to the end of some code.  It is the ultimate Pyramid scam.  The early adopters are making all the cash while fools rush in to make a little cash on the hype.

Yeah I know, but even then when it was coming out (Mondak  etc.) people were talking about how it's a scam that will cause all types of exchange rate issues, inflation issues, competition for currency, etc.

I get what you're saying on the pyramid structure.

The government also looked into it as a ponzi scheme and determined since their was no "one" authority of bitcoin it did not fit the classification of a ponzi scheme.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »
Yeah I know, but even then when it was coming out (Mondak  etc.) people were talking about how it's a scam that will cause all types of exchange rate issues, inflation issues, competition for currency, etc.

I get what you're saying on the pyramid structure.

The government also looked into it as a ponzi scheme and determined since their was no "one" authority of bitcoin it did not fit the classification of a ponzi scheme.

That's the main issue.  You can hold a lot of bitcoin and no one would know.  Who is holding on to the majority?  Can they be trusted?  Imagine if this got to tens of thousands and then they sold it all off.  The currency would crumble and no one would know why.