Cholo4Life

• Getbig II
  • Team Myostatin Deficient
+
« on: December 18, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
+

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: If u offend the gays u get crucified
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
Freedom of speech.   ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
Freedom of speech.   ::)
Expect that freedom of speech to get checked by someone elses freedom of speech.

Its about time these Duck Dynasty morons go away anyways.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
Hierarchy brought them in as part of their depopulation agenda. If you are not queer/bi, you can't be in Hollywood. There was an older GGewish director who said that 21st century Hollywood is 100%gay now. They will not take anyone in that isn't. And it's moving into all media. Why? Population control by confusing young people to not breed or breeding late when they are more susceptible to have problems with their offspring and more likely to just have one...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
Expect that freedom of speech to get checked by someone elses freedom of speech.

Thats not how it plays out.  Cant just speak their minds, but have to boycott and put pressure on advertisers. Both sides do it and its a big reason civil discourse in  US politics is nonexistent. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »
Thats not how it plays out.  Cant just speak their minds, but have to boycott and put pressure on advertisers. Both sides do it and its a big reason civil discourse in  US politics is nonexistent. 
I agree.  It should all just be filed under the who gives a shit category.  I have no interest in that show, but I say let it run its course.  People will lose interest in it in time anyways.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
I agree.  It should all just be filed under the who gives a shit category.  I have no interest in that show, but I say let it run its course.  People will lose interest in it in time anyways.

Exactly.  People are so easily offended it's pathetic.  If you dont like something or agree with it, just ignore it.  Like 90% of the shows on TV.  I cant stand them.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Duck Dynasty is the Jersey Shore for rednecks.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:20:42 PM »
i watch that show when im drunk sometimes

bench

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 05:22:24 PM »

I don't understand how that show took off in the first place.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
He has his opinions, so?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 06:30:25 PM »
He made a dumb comparison but it's his opinion and he is allowed to have it.
A

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »

that man
is a hero

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »
21st century Hollywood is 100% gay now. They will not take anyone in that isn't. And it's moving into all media. Why? Population control, by confusing young people to not breed, or breeding late when they are more susceptible to have problems with their offspring and more likely to just have one...

^

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »
He made a dumb comparison but it's his opinion and he is allowed to have it.

In a free country he should have the right to his opinion.  It's too bad but that ship sailed.  Now you must assimilate into the minority-worshiping liberal mindset.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »
In a free country he should have the right to his opinion.  It's too bad but that ship sailed.  Now you must assimilate into the minority-worshiping liberal mindset.

The thought police will come and get a person if they step out of line.
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
OMR should speak to this bullying.

He still has freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants to say and not get arrested or prosecuted by law for his comments.

That said, if I'm the openly gay owner of a restaurant and the guy who is my cook (substitute cook with waiter, porter, host, delivery guy etc.) decides to badmouth Gays and Lesbians in general, I have every right, as the owner of the restaurant, to fire him.

Why?

If my employee made a public statement (as the gentleman in the Duck Dynasty fiasco did), it will hurt business. There are many Gay/Lesbians clients that walk into my restaurant and keep my business running. There are also many Gay/Lesbians businesses nearby that often help to support my business by advertising my general services (catering etc.). Likewise, it sets a bad precedent suggesting to the public, other businesses and employees alike that we are non-tolerant of those who lead "alternative" lifestyles.

How does this translate to a TV show? In the same way...

Face it folks, the shakers and movers in Hollywood and Showbiz are mostly Gay/Lesbian. You shit on their turf and they can do whatever the hell they want. Likewise, sponsors that are pro-gay, can decide to pull their ads from the show, which translates into losing a lot of money. Not to mention that gay/lesbian fans will stop watching the show, further hurting its ratings. Then, it leads other industry figures to reconsider possible deals with the producer and/or director of the show, because of the potential future backlash it could bring.

Again, while I completely respect his right to say whatever he wants to say. That doesn't mean that the network executives have to harbor any individual that can hurt their business.

"1"

P.S. At the end of the day, business is business and this is not so much about silencing his freedom of speech, but more so about doing what's best for business.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
I have no problem with what he said. 
~

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:18 PM »
So you're saying that those who support homosexuality now outnumber those who do not?

Where did I say that?

"1"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
He still has freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants to say and not get arrested or prosecuted by law for his comments.

That said, if I'm the openly gay owner of a restaurant and the guy who is my cook (substitute cook with waiter, porter, host, delivery guy etc.) decides to badmouth Gays and Lesbians in general, I have every right, as the owner of the restaurant, to fire him.

Why?

If my employee made a public statement (as the gentleman in the Duck Dynasty fiasco did), it will hurt business. There are many Gay/Lesbians clients that walk into my restaurant and keep my business running. There are also many Gay/Lesbians businesses nearby that often help to support my business by advertising my general services (catering etc.). Likewise, it sets a bad precedent suggesting to the public, other businesses and employees alike that we are non-tolerant of those who lead "alternative" lifestyles.

How does this translate to a TV show? In the same way...

Face it folks, the shakers and movers in Hollywood and Showbiz are mostly Gay/Lesbian. You shit on their turf and they can do whatever the hell they want. Likewise, sponsors that are pro-gay, can decide to pull their ads from the show, which translates into losing a lot of money. Not to mention that gay/lesbian fans will stop watching the show, further hurting its ratings. Then, it leads other industry figures to reconsider possible deals with the producer and/or director of the show, because of the potential future backlash it could bring.

Again, while I completely respect his right to say whatever he wants to say. That doesn't mean that the network executives have to harbor any individual that can hurt their business.

"1"

P.S. At the end of the day, business is business and this is not so much about silencing his freedom of speech, but more so about doing what's best for business.

Exactly.  Because everyone knows fags watch a lot of Duck Dynasty.

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »

OneMoreRep
i disagree I
beleive it is
punishing him for
his opinion publicly
to satisfy the
hatred from
the gays

as they
say the squeeky
mouse gets
the cheese

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
The network must feel as if it would rather not offend homosexuals than allow some other viewpoint.

Absolutely.

Offending Gay/Lesbian groups is now akin to making a derogatory comment against any minority group.

Ultimately, it truly boils down to business. Network executives know very well how much money his comments can cost them. They also know the ramifications of letting his comments slide with no repercussion. If they were to just let the comment slide, the backlash wouldn't just be from Gay/Lesbian groups, but from straight groups alike that are against injustices.

The individual freedom of speech still remains intact. If tomorrow he walks away from Hollywood and picks up a job doing what the average person does, he can go on and rant about his views towards Gay/Lesbian groups as much as he wants. He might get fired from the vast majority of jobs if any employer hears him stating these things, but that's another issue altogether.

Public figures are judged by a completely different yardstick than just the average person.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:53 PM »
OneMoreRep
i disagree I
beleive it is
punishing him for
his opinion publicly
to satisfy the
hatred from
the gays

as they
say the squeeky
mouse gets
the cheese

Tell me one major industry where openly bashing of Gay/Lesbian groups will be taken as normal..

If you work in the world of Medicine, it is a huge disgrace to do so and you will get eliminated on the spot.

If you work in Business (my love), any financial firm figurehead will eliminate you on the spot.

If you work in the Law industry, it will not only cost you your job, it can potentially get you sued.

If you are a politician, forget about it, you will lose your campaign.

It's not just Hollywood. When at home, out with your friends or just shooting the shit on GetBig, it is perfectly normal to say whatever the hell you want, but in the wrong environment, it can not only cost you your job, but possibly your career.

"1"

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »
I give him props for saying it in a polite manner and his reasoning behind it. The media blows it up more than the gay community.

Christians don't approve of the gay lifestyle- news flash, it clearly states it in the Bible. It's an abomination, period. It still doesn't mean that Christians won't be nice to gays. It just means they don't approve of the lifestyle.

I think he doesn't care for the fame anyway and will stand up for what he believes in just like most southern good ole boys.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 07:09:40 PM »
Personally, I believe all people should be free to say whatever they want to say.

If I don't like what you have to say, I simply won't associate and support you. If you don't like what I have to say, you can do the same.

Not everyone will be your friend in this world and that is perfectly fine. This world is far too vast to expect everything to exist in perfect harmony.

As long as you are not out there physically harming other individuals for their private beliefs and practices, I don't see the harm in just talking.

I guess the argument can be made that if the owner/(s) of the network happens to be gay, he/they, in turn, can decide to not associate or support the individual making the derogatory comments towards gays, since it's technically his/their money, but that's another argument all together.

"1"