Author Topic: Just Blocked A&E on my dish network.....  (Read 5708 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Just Blocked A&E on my dish network.....
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »
Chaos challenging True Adonis in this thread.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »
Lol @ shitsoul trying to stir controversy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Who watches cable?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »
Lol @ shitsoul trying to stir controversy.
Who said it then?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Who said it then?
Whoever "Maddy" is said it. Why not ask him?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
I'm sure that was the sentiment of many German Jews in the 30s.......

Oh boy....

Personally I don't think the firing of a reality tv personality is analogous to systematic genocide, but if you're a big enough fan of the show, well.....

I don't see the controversy. I mean you can't be saying the same shit about other minority groups, why should gays be any different? Would your reaction be the same if he quoted the bible to promote slavery?

Perfect.  This guy gets it

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 08:20:37 PM »
Maybe, maybe not.....I think it was in their best interest, and clearly they did as well.

Clearly nobody here works for a Fortune500 company, because this wouldn't come as a shock to you if you did.  Some topics--gays, blacks, jews, religion--are so incendiary that a public figure cannot broach the topic.  At least not without inciting a media shitstorm.

Wrong, right, that's the way things are.  And personally, I find it much smarter to play the system, count your riches, and bring about change from behind the scenes, rather than to take on the system by running into it headfirst

Smart decision....count your riches....play the system...

Yeah, all of the above is exactly what the Robertson's will be doing when they sue the hell out of A&E for religious discrimination under the Federal Codes of Regulation and Civil Rights Act of 1964. A&E meesed up big time when they siaid they fired him for his 'personal beliefs' which his statements had a direct nexus to the bible and bible verses he read aloud.

Clearly you don't work for a Fortune 500 company and see the business and legal issues in their decision to act in such haste and speak so loose with their words as to why he was fired  ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
Our society, when it comes to protected classes you're not allowed to base your decision on what makes good business sense or what's fair and ethical. Firing him obviously wasn't a smart business decision.

Yeah, I agree. Dumb move and now they have no bargaining power. They have A&E by the balls. A&E lawyers are going to be working this Christmas to clean up the mess from the statement A&E released on the reason they fired Phil and doing their best to  put out the fires with regards to the many ways the family can now effectively breach the contract.

This is going to be an awesome battle.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »
Smart decision....count your riches....play the system...

Yeah, all of the above is exactly what the Robertson's will be doing when they sue the hell out of A&E for religious discrimination under the Federal Codes of Regulation and Civil Rights Act of 1964. A&E meesed up big time when they siaid they fired him for his 'personal beliefs' which his statements had a direct nexus to the bible and bible verses he read aloud.

Clearly you don't work for a Fortune 500 company and see the business and legal issues in their decision to act in such haste and speak so loose with their words as to why he was fired  ::)

I'm not familiar with the statement they released... could you post it?

As far as suing for wrongful dismissal, no way.  They fired him for statements made in a couple of interviews.  Not because he goes to church in Sundays.  The fact that the two are related is incidental

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
I'm not familiar with the statement they released... could you post it?

As far as suing for wrongful dismissal, no way.  They fired him for statements made in a couple of interviews.  Not because he goes to church in Sundays.  The fact that the two are related is incidental

It's not incidental, they can argue that though. Statements made in a couple of interviews is pushing the envelope because it only shows in court and on paper that they acquiesced his earlier statements.

Their statements (Robertson's) lays out the issue and explains how they are attacking A&E behind closed doors.

The family also criticized A&E for its actions, saying he was placed on hiatus “for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.”

Robertson’s comments drew immediate condemnation from gay rights groups who pressured the network to take action. On Wednesday, A&E announced Robertson was being removed from the show indefinitely.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," the network said in a statement.

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

A&E’s decision to pull Robertson from the show drew strong support from the gay and lesbian rights group GLAAD.

“What’s clear is that such hateful anti-gay comments are unacceptable to fans, viewers, and networks alike,” said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. “By taking quick action and removing Robertson from future filming, A&E has sent a strong message that discrimination is neither a Christian nor an American value.”

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »
I've never seen the show, but I'm starting to think I should check it out.

This isn't just about A&E, it's about out of control cultural Marxism.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/flashback-ae-tried-cut-jesus-duck-dynasty-family-prayers
FLASHBACK: A&E Tried to Cut 'Jesus' from 'Duck Dynasty' Family Prayers
"So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?'"

In an interview in April 2013, Phil Robertson told Sports Spectrum TV that A&E Network had attempted to cut mention of “Jesus” from the “Duck Dynasty” family prayer at the end of the show, but that he had fought them and won. “So they would just have me saying, ‘Thank you Lord for the food, thank you for loving us. Amen,” Robertson related. “So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?’ They said, ‘Well those editors are probably doing that. They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.”

Robertson stated that he then told the producers that the date on which they were discussing the issue was measured in Anno Domini (AD) – meaning “in the year of our Lord.” Robertson explained, “I said, ‘You Hollywood cats are counting time by Jesus just like I am.’ I would think that out of all of the people that walk planet Earth, if we’ve all decided in America to count time by just one of them, Jesus of Galilee, I don’t think it hurts to throw his name in there from time to time. So I noticed now, every once in awhile, they’re leaving it in there.”

Robertson said that he had to wage “spiritual warfare” in order to get them to tape the family using Jesus’ name. “I mean you have people with no moral compass, it ain’t there,” he concluded.

Robertson also pointed out that the network had “inserted fake bleeps, like someone had used profanity, but no one had used profanity.”

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Hilarious how the gay organization talks about discrimination yet they pushed for the discriminatory firing of Phil based on his religious beliefs.

LOL, A&E should be sued for stupidity if they really fell to the knees of this group and other groups and as a result took, "quick action and removing Robertson from future filming."

Robertson's even have a somewhat decent claim against whatever named "group" A&E spoke of in the same senetence it mentioned firing Phil for a plausible tortious business inteference action. Obviously A&E shouldn't put out anymore statements for their own sake.

Roger good find, I remember that now. A&E counsel must be so pissed right now.

A&E would literally be toast if this saw a court room. The amount of discovery would be amazing in and of itself. The inter office memorandum's about not only this show but possible other shows of the past or future, which perhaps would show whether or not they did or did not want religion involved or better yet if they wanted to "push a certain viewpoint" on their audience members.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 08:59:24 PM »
One of the rare people left who put their principles ahead of money and fame, and we punish him.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/05/10/Duck-Dynasty-Star-If-We-Can-t-Mention-God-Or-Guns-Then-We-re-Done-Filming

Flashback: 'Duck Dynasty' Star Vows to Quit if A&E Bans Talk of God or Guns

On May 9, Greensboro, NC country station 93.1 The Wolf reported that after receiving complaints over prayers to God and the frequent use of guns on air, Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson said, "God and guns are part of our everyday lives [and] to remove either of them from the show is unacceptable."

According to a post 93.1 The Wolf put in their Facebook page, Phil also said: "If we can't pray to God on the show, then we will not do the show." The post received more than 126,000 Facebook "likes."

Details regarding the source of the complaints have not been released. Nor has anyone clarified whether they originated within or without of A&E. Breitbart News has reached out to the network for comment.

One thing that has been reported is that A&E signed the Robertson family for another season, "under Phil Robertson's terms."

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:31 PM »
Roger good find, I remember that now. A&E counsel must be so pissed right now.

Thanks, I hope so!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »
"Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana," said Gov. Bobby Jindal in a statement Thursday. "The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with." He goes on:

I don't agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.

Just posted to the Cruz campaign's Facebook page:

Free Speech Matters

The reason that so many Americans love Duck Dynasty is because it represents the America usually ignored or mocked by liberal elites: a family that loves and cares for each other, believes in God, and speaks openly about their faith.

If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.

And, as PC enforcers often forget, tolerance is a two-way street. Here's what Phil himself had to say about accepting and loving everybody:

"I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
Praying to god is for stupid people.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 09:07:36 PM »
 :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:48 PM »
Over 1 Million Support Boycotting A&E Following ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star’s Suspension
December 19, 2013 7:45 PM

WEST MONROE, La. (CBS Houston) — Over 1 million people support boycotting A&E following the suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson.

Read more: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/19/hundreds-of-thousands-support-boycotting-ae-following-duck-dynasty-stars-suspension/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »
Conservatives think people should be held responsible for their actions—until one of their own, like Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson, has to pay a price for their bigoted views.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
Lol are you kidding? That statement mentions his "personal beliefs"....that doesn't mean they dropped him for religious reasons.  And even if they did, you couldn't draw that conclusion from the statement.

A&E was fully within their rights to drop this guy, just deal with it.  There won't be a lawsuit filed, and if there was the judge would throw it out

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
Praying to god is for stupid people.

I think every civilization must believe in a power greater than themselves to move forward. Without belief their is no hope and no ingenuity. Even all the great minds and inventors believed in some force greater than themselves.

I'd rather be stupid for life, than stupid the day of my death, on my death bed like so many famous enlightened philosophers.

Apparently A&E owns the rights to 'Duck Dynasty' however the Robertson's own 'Duck Commander'

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
"It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus," Robertson says in the January issue of GQ. "That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Robertson also is asked what he finds sinful. His answer: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

His comments really aren't that big of a deal?

You've got to ask yourself what's behind the extreme intolerance by the media and Hollywood, when they're even willing to hurt themselves financially.

The editors are so worried about offending Muslims that they try and keep anyone from mentioning Jesus. Why?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »
A&E was fully within their rights to drop this guy, just deal with it.  There won't be a lawsuit filed, and if there was the judge would throw it out

Oh really? What rights are those?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »
I think every civilization must believe in a power greater than themselves to move forward. Without belief their is no hope and no ingenuity. Even all the great minds and inventors believed in some force greater than themselves.

I'd rather be stupid for life, than stupid the day of my death, on my death bed like so many famous enlightened philosophers.

Apparently A&E owns the rights to 'Duck Dynasty' however the Robertson's own 'Duck Commander'

What god did Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein believe in?   ???

Furthermore, religion has not done anything in terms of technological advancement.  NOTHING. It has only hindered progress.

Don`t be a moron.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »